Alex Wise's Comments

Comment Wall (181 comments)

You need to be a member of Vanguard Online Community to add comments!

Join Vanguard Online Community

At 3:43pm on May 6, 2021, Alex Wise said…

At the same time, if it’s a full blown bonk that you are after, fine, go for it, but girls, don’t feel bad or blame anyone if it doesn’t go further than that. Tell yourself the truth about what you want. Unless you are drugged or forcibly raped, it’s your decision. Guys, if you are just out for sex, please don’t tell lies in order to get it. You can learn to make women feel so good that, if its right for them, they will want to do it with you.

The key is that we are all responsible for our own feelings around what we do. We can choose to feel good or bad, embarrassed or accepting.

At 3:42pm on May 6, 2021, Alex Wise said…

Ladies, remember to tell yourself the truth. So many women I know want to attract a man, but are unwilling to go through what they consider the demeaning ritual of displaying their desire. They expect men to pick up on their signals of readiness, whilst they are working full time to disguise them. Often this leads to flirting with the wrong men..safe men. One of the Flirting Weekend participants, Linda, confessed to me this pattern was so strong in her that she ended up marrying the wrong man!

It is possible to show a man that you are interested without full sexual readiness display.

We all associate highly emotional and individualised charge to different words and despite being the universal building blocks of our language, each word will holds very specific meaning or meanings for each individual. As an example take any word and ask a friend what it means to them. Chances are it could have some very different associations.

Language can be used in many ways to guide people to specific experiences without being specific. It’s an art form, it works and it can be taught but until you master the skills of linguistic experience generators be very careful about what you say. When you think it, it will probably leak out naturally and you will be communicating at an unconscious primal level with honesty.

At 4:19pm on April 28, 2021, Alex Wise said…

Brian — when I was a kid, I used to think people could watch me from like anywhere. Made me not pick my nose (too much …) http://katwilder.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" class="wp-smiley"/>

Mindy — Has anyone ever asked you to? No one’s asked me, but then again, I think of poor Erin Andrews …

Steve — You mean, it … hasn’t? Dang!

T — and me, too, OK? http://katwilder.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" class="wp-smiley"/>

KC — and so how come I haven’t been invited to watch, hmmm….?

Matt — Gee, I’m starting to feel like even if I had a tape on the Net, no one would even be interested in watching! Now, I feel bad!

BLW — True, although there aren’t many people I see on a daily basis that I’d like to see naked, know what I mean?

At 4:19pm on April 28, 2021, Alex Wise said…
At 5:18pm on March 26, 2021, Alex Wise said…
At 4:38pm on March 24, 2021, Alex Wise said…

Dear Bitter Single Guy: Well ok. So about 7 months I met this guy and we started dating and stuff. But we both didn’t even know each other and pretty much based the relationship off looks. So of course we broke up but still continued to talk and then we got to know each other and stuff and now I find myself liking him more than I have ever liked anyone else. He tells me how much he likes me and acts like it in person (usually) but like usually right after the day we’ve hung out he acts all weird like he doesn’t want to talk to me and like kind of closes up. And plus we aren’t official or anything and have both been somewhat talking to other people. Should i try and forget about him before I get hurt, or should i try to keep going for him. Oh and might I add he has hurt me before badly! But he said he’s changed and likes me so much. ~I Want Him Back~

Dear IWHB: The Bitter Single Guy thinks you’re working too hard for this. The BSG sees how you could have gotten together just for looks (not the first time that’s ever happened, IWHB), and sees also how it could have ended pretty quickly if you didn’t know each other.

But at this point, your Baffling Beau needs to step up to the plate if he’s also feeling like you two should try again. If, as you say, he gets like, all weird and stuff after you’ve hung out, to hell with him. Wait for him to call you, wait for him to ask you out.

You ask if you should try and forget him before you get hurt, but the BSG and you know that you’re already hurt IWHB. Take a step back.

At 4:35pm on March 24, 2021, Alex Wise said…
At 5:34pm on March 17, 2021, Alex Wise said…

I think I may have changed my mind about the Crocs. I was never interested in them before, and my daughter would never let me buy any, http://singlemomseeking.com/blog/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif" alt=":)" class="wp-smiley"/> . Now after looking at the new styles, I feel I could give that a try.

As for me, I am slowly changing some big parts of my personality. After working from home for the last 8 years my natural introverted tendencies have become overpowering. I am now in school to become a physical therapist, which is the total opposite of being an introvert, and slowly coming out of my shell. At times it is a very painful process, but in the end I am happier to see my self working with people, helping them really is helping me.

Mine change sounds so typical, but it is the truth. I am trying to lose weight. I am trying to stay motivated on a daily basis. Most importantly, I have been exercising almost every day for 45 minutes. I am thinking eventually it will make a difference.

I have recently given myself permission to be a woman and not just a mama, i.e. taking care of myself first. I used to think that if my daughter was taken care of, everything was good to go. Now I have found that taking care of me takes care of her, because I am more ready and available for her, and I feel better about myself for it.

At 5:33pm on March 17, 2021, Alex Wise said…
At 5:33pm on March 17, 2021, Alex Wise said…

My attitude toward my supervisor at work has definitely changed in the last few months, as I’ve gotten to know her better. I’ve decided to cut her some slack and accept her for who she is…since then, my job has gotten 100% better!

At 2:47pm on March 10, 2021, Alex Wise said…
At 2:47pm on March 10, 2021, Alex Wise said…

Thanks so much for this, I actually had tears in eyes reading about the man you finally met. Chris.
I have been single now with my daughter for 2.5 years and seriously got through a spell where I actually considered my ex back, who doesn’t treat me nearly as good as I deserve, or treat him.
Thankfully I was reminded that I would be better off without him, but have tried dating, only to find I feel BLOCKED from even wanting to invest my time in a new relationship, new man, new date. The whole process of going through the motions of meeting someone, dating, getting to know them, my daughter meeting them…. seems so daunting.
Reading this was inspiring to me, to be patient, to be strong, and to be willing.
Thanks

At 7:08pm on March 3, 2021, Alex Wise said…
At 7:08pm on March 3, 2021, Alex Wise said…

Pet ownership can have a dramatic impact on someone's love life. Opportunities to meet new people and socialize can arise every day while doing activities that are required by their pets, such as walking, jogging, and pet training classes. Owners of an adorable pet, (eg: a brand new puppy) may find themselves in the centre of attention from members of the opposite sex, and these opportunities can be perfect to strike up a conversation with a person of interest. But remember: Your cute, cuddly pet can only bring you the attention -- the rest of the work is up to you! 

As a psychotherapist and relationship expert, I always tell my clients that in order to meet like-minded people, you MUST put yourself in situations that will increase the chances of this happening! 

If you're single and looking to meet a mate, check out this "singles mixer with a twist." Come to meet local pet owning singles. Pets always make the best wingmen, so best of all, you can bring your pet and let them break the ice!

Forum Categories

© 2021   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service