Well, firewall is basically an application that prevents the system from an assortment of threats, malware, unwanted programs and trojans. The most important thing to note here is that windows firewall might block the internet access that is a must for certain QuickBooks related programs or files. This is when the user needs to configure firewall and security settings for QuickBooks desktop.
In this segment, we will be discussing in detail to configure firewall and security settings for QuickBooks desktop. Keep reading to unleash the steps. Reach out to us for any questions and inquiries using our helpline.
Steps to configure firewall and security settings for QuickBooks desktop
One can configure the firewall and security settings for QuickBooks desktop by performing the steps below:
Manually configure the firewall ports
Step 1: Adding QuickBooks firewall ports exceptions
- The user needs to start off the process by opening the start menu and then type in windows firewall in the blank search space.
- When the windows firewall opens up, the user should pick the advanced settings option.
- The next step is to right click the inbound rules and select the new rule.
- Now, go for the port and hit next tab.
- Ensure that the TCP is selected.
- Enter the specific ports that are needed for the QuickBooks year version in the specific local ports field:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020: 8019, XXXXX
- QuickBooks Desktop 2019: 8019, XXXXX
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- Moving ahead, the user should enter the port number, he/she is required to hit next.
- Ensure to opt for allow the connection and hit next again.
- Further ensure that all profiles are marked, if prompted. To move ahead and tap on next.
- Now, create a rule and name it just like QBPort.
- End the process by clicking on finish tab.
Step 2: Make firewall exceptions for QuickBooks programs
- Under this method, the user is required to open start menu.
- And then, type in windows firewall and open the same.
- Now, press advanced settings and right click on inbound rules.
- Click on new rule>> program>> next options respectively.
- Select the program path and browse options.
- Find the file location and select next.
- Click on allow the connection and hit next.
- Ensure that all the files are marked and click on next.
- Create a rule and name it and click on finish.
- Repeat the same steps for outbound rules as well.
Can’t find theideal steps in the above list to configure firewall and security settings for QuickBooks desktop? Well, not an issue anymore, we are here to rescue you.
Simply connect with our U.S based accounting experts by means of our dedicated QuickBooks enterprise customer support linei.e.1-800-761-1787. Our accounting professionals and CPA’s will ensure that none of your queries remain unanswered.
Read other article:
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6010, -100
QuickBooks student discount and it’s benefits