Information

RENAISSANCE

Do you believe that our dear Nation is due for a rebirth and believe that you can play a role in this coming rebirth,come let's not only analyse our problems but profer solutions that can be implimented by you and I...You are welcome.

Members: 30
Latest Activity: Mar 12, 2012

Discussion Forum

Corruption, what is the cause?

Started by Don Matete. Last reply by Tolulope Aladejebi Oct 27, 2011. 1 Reply

Corruption, what is the cause?Is it poverty or mentalcan somebody help me out...Continue

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of RENAISSANCE to add comments!

Comment by Don Matete on June 9, 2010 at 9:24am
Absolutely correct Sean and that is what we stand for being the change we seek.
Above all you are welcome.
Comment by Sean Presly on June 2, 2010 at 2:02am
I dont really like talking politics because i am really tired of it. because of its in transparency and from my own knowledge this whole cabal thing started the day Nigeria was born, where they chose to practice internal slavery blacks enslaving blacks for selfish reasons wealth,women and power. one thing i know is that if change must come it must start from the individual seeking for a change first before the public. we are all involved so we must practice to teach.
Comment by Don Matete on May 14, 2010 at 7:02pm
The one thing I will celebrate now is that this is the beginning of the end of the so called power rotation, I don't particularly concern myself with where the president is from but he must be one that stands for the interest of all and as such I do appreciate the fact that Jonathan is here and will get my support but in the event that he fails to live up to expectations then a better candidate will have my alligence.
Comment by Sylvester Ikechukwu on May 11, 2010 at 5:16pm
If Jonathan is doing well,do we still necessarily need a northerner as our president in present day Nigerian?
I think what Nigeria and Nigerians need now is total restructuring.If Jonathan is willing to treat north and south as Nigerians why are we waisting time on debating rather than working together.There are still few things to show that Nigerians are one,even out-side the country discrimination continued.Lets support Janathan if he is doing well.
Comment by Don Matete on May 4, 2010 at 8:33am
Sure, we can win the fight against corruption; the onus now lies on us to deliver our lot even as we expect others to do same in their capacity.
Comment by Sylvester Ikechukwu on May 1, 2010 at 9:12am
Kudos to any and every one who strive to improve the lots of Nigeria and Nigerians.We have suffered so much for no good reason other than bad governance .Together we can win the fight against corruption.
Comment by Don Matete on April 26, 2010 at 3:37pm
Amazing from Victor you have taken this talk to another level bringing out an insight from this discussion and it is getting more interesting to think of the fact that our constitution actually allow the president the priviledge to appoint key positoions like the chairman EFCC and the INEC chairman that ordinary should be check and balance is outrageous knowing that morality is at it lowest ebb in the country we will seek for to total overhaul of the constitution.

We do hope that there will be a moral cleansing in the land which will start from us as individuals then our homes before we can then affect our communities, all hope is not lost as we will continue to stride in the path of change.
Comment by Martins Igbinovia on April 25, 2010 at 12:35am
I can't help but agree with ONYEGBULA on his write-up, "absolute power Is the father of corruption" because a presidents should not be allowed to choose but to name appointed persons for offices like INEC and EFCC in order to prevent friendship politics and favouritism.

In a country like Nigeria, where the constitution is adopted with pencil print, which allows whoever comes to power, to erase and alternate the constitution as he or she deems fit and recorded ruling abilities and capabilities of past rulers play no role in the eligibility of presidential candidacy , what else can we expert but the outburst of corruption induced traits?

The solution to Nigeria's corruption issues can always be there as long as nationalistic pride exists because we will never thinks of outsourcing the nations affairs to able countries that could re-setup Nigeria for the benefit of all and sundry.

nigerianfolks
Comment by ONYEGBULA on April 24, 2010 at 4:13pm
It is a foundation problem; our dear nation is just one with CORRUPTION as her core value. We are so void of good morals & discipline, so I say we start from our homes & our selves because we should ask ourselves this "how sure are my that I wouldn't fall for greed when I find myself in a political office". Our constitution is also a fraud to justice & equity as well as aiding corruption. We have a country where the President appoints the Electoral body Chairman (INEC), Financial crime fighting body Chairman (EFCC) & many more. Why wouldn't the man in power influence those he has put in office?
Yes, I’ll rather call it a mental problem because it’s sick to sit & plan on how you'll steal from the masses, the same people that voted you in (let’s just assume the election is not a fraud itself). It is a mental problem because you'll see money budgeted for the construction of roads in your own state & choose to keep it to yourself then watch your people suffer. It is a mental problem because you’ll Import fake drugs & baby food for infants to consume & die, just for you to make gain.
Our leaders should be accountable , there has to be checks & balances, we should free our minds off tribal differences when casting our votes, our constitution needs to be thoroughly reviewed, our mindset as a people should be void of selfish gain but a better society. These & many more will make us a better people.
Comment by Don Matete on April 20, 2010 at 3:12pm
I can deduce from both analysis that Corruption is driven by both Greed and Selfishness, good but my concerns are (1) is there anyway out ? (2) what kind of structure will curtail this multi faceted monster if there is a way out (3) what do we do to help out; maybe a more clearer and detailed explanation of Martin's Chart will do the magic, who knows someone out there might help out. I just believe something can be done by you, you or me....

Members (29)

Forum Categories

© 2021   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service