Views: 1093

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HE left in the dark and returned in the dark equation balanced.
This country Nigeria is bless and no man or spirit can course her. If Mr. president is back as it is claimed, let him address Nigerians. Or can't he talk? After all if somebody work for you, curtsy demand that you tell the person thanks. So what are we waiting for Mr. P
To be laid to rest

Michael said:
pls can sum1 gve me a good reason why, d president is back in 9ja
I am not suprised at what is playing out in Nigeria, situations like this gives us an opportunity to know our leaders and also have an insight to their agenda. In situations like this, we should ask ourselves the about our commitment to the Nigerian cause. What's playing out right now is a true characteristics of us Nigerians (the masses plus the leaders), what matters to us first is our families, tribe then Nigeria, that's why the north is using every available means to keep the presidency in the north (even if it means crippling Nigeria) because to them this is their turn to rule. This is a the result of what we have been practising in our homes,communities,wards,LGAs,States etc. Tribal politics ! Rotational presidency! etc. Dramas like this will never stop until we first of all see ourselves as Nigerians. In Nigeria today, where you come from determines what you get and where you can get to. You can't contest for a political post anyway in the country except your from there, even if you've lived there and paid taxes there all your life. Until we stop tribalism and ethnicism in Nigerai dramas like this will be a regular occurence. Let the best person govern no matter where he comes from and let the laws of the land the enforced, things will be a lot better. Why are the northen leaders very queit on this issue? Are we saying that the few Yaradua's aids and the wife are morw powerful than the northen leaders? This is a northen agenda to keep power in the north no matter what, and let's remember most of us in the other parts of the country will do the same if we were in their shoes - Reason - TRIBALISM which gives birth to tribal politics.
Na wa o..
If we must tell ourselves the truth, the much talked about unity is still a mirage. There is mutual suspicion between the north and the south. If not, why should our ailing president be smuggled into the country when they know he has not recovered and therefore not yet fit to resume duties? I weep for this country
True talk. Our democracy is still at its embryonic stage. Our so called leaders are not ready to learn, hence mistakes of the past keep repeating itself like a recurring decimal. God help naija.

Dr Osita Okonkwo said:
Paul, we are yet to experience democracy in Nigeria. What we have in Nigeria, is certainly government by the errand boys, selected by the godfathers and to serve the godfathers. They have no agenda of their own. Most legislatures today are there for what they can grab. They tend to profit in crises situations as this, when they can get easy bribe money. The amount you make depends on whose camp you belong to. it's a big shame. That probably explains why no one bothers about the interest of the masses so long as they (the politicians)are assured of a return ticket by the "looting party" (PDP). A situation where the supposedly acting President and Commander in Chief is denied access to Mr Yar'Adua who is being held hostage by the "first lady" will tell you that this so called democracy is a mess.
One thing is sure, nothing lasts for ever. These will all fizzle out in time, like all other similar events in our national history. Nigeria will surely survive.
God bless Nigeria.

Dr Osita Okonkwo,
New Orleans, LA
Yar'Adua is either dead or in a very pitiable state requiring intensive care. Either way, it is evident that he cannot continue as C-in-C. The FEC should initiate the constitutional process of stripping him of executive powers.
YAR'DUA SHOULD RESIGN HONOURABLY AND TAKE CARE OF HIS HEALTH.
WE ALL SHOULD TAKE CAUTION IN DISCUSSING YAR'ADUA ISSUE BECAUSE NOBODY HAS THE POWER TO GIVE LIFE, MY ADVICE TO YAR'ADUA IS TO STOP LISTENING TO SO CALLED CABAL THAT ARE KILLING HIM TO QUICKLY AS MATTER OF URGENCY RESIGN AND TAKE PROPER CARE OF HIS HEALTH, I THINK FOR JUST DOING THAT ALMIGHTY GOD WILL NOW LISTEN TO PEOPLES PRAYER, OTHERWISE AM AFREAD THE HIS CONDITION MAY PERSIST.
You are very correct. The acting president doesn't seem to understand the powers currenly vested on him, and the implication to his office, the actions of the Army Chief. As a C-inC, that was a big slap on his face, and should have been properly addressed.
Secondly, Yar'adua, as a president of Nigeria, is the number one citizen of a country in excess of 100 million people. From the moment he assumed that office, his affairs, well-being and everything about him ceases to be private and becomes a general interest of every Nigerian. Nigerians have a right to question and be provided with answers, and should go way beyond the perspective, as seen by the wife.

How can the president of the most populous black nation on earth, after a proctracted sick period that got many Nigerians praying for his recovery, arrive like a smuggled commodity, and worse still, without the knowledge of his vice. This kind of clandestine activities gets people wondering if he is just sick, because there is nothing wrong by being sick. Anyone can fall sick, and he is not the first president to be sick.

There just might be more to the whole thing than is made public, and anyone who thinks in that line should not be blamed.

Onu. Anedo said:
It is too appolying that few nonentities in the presidency are taking the whole nation for ride but I know that Nigerians are not ignorant of their tricks. It is just because no one good Nigerian wants destruction of the nation otherwise they would have faced a serious upheaval, and one thing that might be making them think that they are above the law, might be their thinking that they have the hold of some top military officers. I envisage this, retrospecting on the action of the army chief that disregarded the Acting President in that urgly way of parcelling Yaradua back home in such devil minded night. But what pains me is the attitude of the Acting President in this matter. He should act fast by ordering the arrest and trial of the army chief for treason. He is the Commander of the Armed forces but it seems he is ignorant of such enomous power vested on him. he should utilize it for the good of Nigerians. Once he understands his powers and acts accordingly, all the evil actors in this scenerio will hide themseelves. Again, I have to say that Mrs Yaradua on her own part committed questionable offence no matter that Yara is her husband.Ok, assuming he is not Nigerian head of state, he is someone's brother and kinsman. Is a wife correct to hide her husband from his kinsman in African situation? We should think of this. I am seeing her as a type that pushes her husband into unreparable mistakes. Nigerians are postponing the evil day by relaxing.
May His Soul Rest in Perfect Peace.

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2021   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service