The President have been ill for some time now and nobody is saying anything to Nigerians about his state of health. To me, there is no need to pretend as if nothing is happening, if there is no hope for Nigerians they should let us know rather than leave the country in the current situation. I also know that there is a clause in the constitution that says if a prsident is in the current situation ours is know; that he has options which includes either write to the national assembly to be excused for some time and then the Vice will be the acting president (not the president) until he returns or he should resign.

we should also have in mind that as it is now the vice can only act within his power and the rest unless the president ask him to do so; so since the president is ill, the country is practically not governed by any body because some crucial decisions can not be taken until he is back; believe me that is not good for a country like ours (Nigeria).

what do you have to say about this.

Views: 376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

go n see wat im talking about
president Yar’Adua refuses Jonathan as a acting president.
let me ask u dis question, wats d work or a vice president? tell me plz cos i want 2 know poster.
Angela to answer your question i wil say that the position of the Nigerian vice-president under the 1999 Constitution was not properly specify, The powers and responsibilities allocated to the office are examined from comparative perspective. the office of the VP is not accorded the right recognition. It is argued that the office is at the mercy of the President who may decide to render the office impotent. Nothing in the Constitution compels the President to allocate to his deputy any significant executive power. So, It is what the President wants of the deputy that becomes of him in the executive scheme. Unfortunately, the same Constitution that expects the deputy to assume executive responsibilities in the absence of the President or when his office becomes vacant for whatever reason (as it is now) has failed to realize the need for carrying along the deputy in the governance. It may however be argued that the makers of the Constitution expected the President to delegate some executive powers to his Vice. They have failed to consider a situation of acrimony between the two as we have witnessed in Nigeria between President Olsegun Obasanjo and his Vice, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and in our current situation. Unless the executive powers are shared between the President and the Deputy we might continue to have some executive power tousle in this country.

Angela Ofomola said:
go n see wat im talking about
president Yar’Adua refuses Jonathan as a acting president.
let me ask u dis question, wats d work or a vice president? tell me plz cos i want 2 know poster.

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2021   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service