The President have been ill for some time now and nobody is saying anything to Nigerians about his state of health. To me, there is no need to pretend as if nothing is happening, if there is no hope for Nigerians they should let us know rather than leave the country in the current situation. I also know that there is a clause in the constitution that says if a prsident is in the current situation ours is know; that he has options which includes either write to the national assembly to be excused for some time and then the Vice will be the acting president (not the president) until he returns or he should resign.

we should also have in mind that as it is now the vice can only act within his power and the rest unless the president ask him to do so; so since the president is ill, the country is practically not governed by any body because some crucial decisions can not be taken until he is back; believe me that is not good for a country like ours (Nigeria).

what do you have to say about this.

Views: 376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some now say he suffers from mutism read details at http://nairabrain.com/2009/12/13/yaradua-now-suffers-from-mutism/
Sources say Yar’Adua Now Suffers From Mutism read more at http://nairabrain.com/2009/12/13/yaradua-now-suffers-from-mutism/
We just have to pray for NIGETRIA dats all
I agree with you, we should pray for his recovery Because i know he is somebody's father, brother and Uncle and any body can fall ill too; but while we pray for his recovery, what Happens to Nigeria and her current situation? even the Bible made us to understand that heaven helps those who help them self. We dont pray and fold our hands waiting for a miracle from heaven without in our own way try to make things happen for our own good.

Angela424 said:
What is Nigerian problem?
The only president that seems to have the interest of the people is not physically capable,the healthy ones were thieves,example Obasanjo
Can you carry dis country on ur chest? if yes u can understand wat im talking about........
every body is confuse as u are,,,,,,,,,, so bro dont take it personal. Lets just pray that God should help this country men 2 understand themself better, cos every body want to take that post "d number one man in dis our country". Even if we decide 2 put a acting president b4 he get back on his feet it will b world war 3 in NIGERIA.
Please close your eye n pray.................

wisdom walter said:
I agree with you, we should pray for his recovery Because i know he is somebody's father, brother and Uncle and any body can fall ill too; but while we pray for his recovery, what Happens to Nigeria and her current situation? even the Bible made us to understand that heaven helps those who help them self. We dont pray and fold our hands waiting for a miracle from heaven without in our own way try to make things happen for our own good.

Angela424 said:
angela could you please explain what you mean by saying "Even if we decide 2 put an acting president b4 he get back on his feet it will b world war 3 in NIGERIA".

why are we soo afraid in this country; believe me, until what happened in Ghan (when all the evil men were killed by one man) happen in this country Nigeria; this country will never be in peace. the constitution is there but people often amend it just for their own sake. it is time we change our way of thinking and do something constructive to help this country rather than doing things the way it used to be done. (change is the only thing that is constant is life)
Can you please suggest a particular way we should be thinking that will make national assembly review our electoral laws and 1999 constitution? these we have all agreed has big short-comings.
If you don't mind, don't blame the poor Angela as we may be heading for a national crisis, that is if we are not there yet.
If things are well,tell me why Musa refused to hand over to his vice knowing his state of health(?)
my dear i said that to angela because it huts me when i hear people talk like that; it is not personal though i have nothing against her and i dont want her to take it personal we are all friends in here.

after reading somethings from the net i asked myself where are we heading to in this country, take a look:

YAR’ADUA’S HEALTH AND HIS ADMINISTRATION:
President Yar’adua’s fluctuating health is not without its consequences on the country. This is apart from the apparent belief in several quarters that the president is often slowed down by ill-health because he has little energy to handle the complexities of the office of the president. Not only that, the country missed ample bilateral opportunities, which analysts averred, are requisite ingredients for the country’s tortuous journey to prosperity as encapsulated in the incumbent administration’s seven-point agenda and Vision 20:2020.
During his third medical trip abroad in August last year, the country according to analysts, lost the opportunity of learning from the Brazilian example, which is one of the world’s emerging economies.
The fourth medical trip also cost the country the golden opportunity of hobnobbing with the world leaders during the United Nations General Assembly session in New York. Yar’adua lost an opportunity of meeting President Barack Obama. While this development ignited criticisms from observers, the president also concurrently missed a UN Climate Change Summit that took place at the same time.
His continued absence at important national assignments including the just concluded FIFA U-17 World Cup tournament where he was unable to grace the final match on November 15, 2009 at the National Stadium, Abuja, The problem didn’t seem to even spare an important duty like the formal presentation of the national budget proposal to the joint session of the National Assembly. The president, in an unprecedented manner, decided to send the copies of the 2010 budget to the two chambers of the federal legislature, rather than make a formal presentation.
The president’s health has been taking its toll on the country’s survival long before now. The 15-day absence of the president last August from the country, Sunday Trust findings revealed had affected the inner workings of the administration because many policy decisions which were to get the consent of the president were left unattended to.

Sylvester Ikechukwu said:
Can you please suggest a particular way we should be thinking that will make national assembly review our electoral laws and 1999 constitution? these we have all agreed has big short-comings.
If you don't mind, don't blame the poor Angela as we may be heading for a national crisis, that is if we are not there yet.
If things are well,tell me why Musa refused to hand over to his vice knowing his state of health(?)
Mr Wisdom there is nothing personal my brother, I was only saying that for any one to be tired of what is happening in and around Nigeria should not be taken as being weak or whatever.

wisdom walter said:
my dear i said that to angela because it huts me when i hear people talk like that; it is not personal though i have nothing against her and i dont want her to take it personal we are all friends in here.

after reading somethings from the net i asked myself where are we heading to in this country, take a look:

YAR’ADUA’S HEALTH AND HIS ADMINISTRATION:
President Yar’adua’s fluctuating health is not without its consequences on the country. This is apart from the apparent belief in several quarters that the president is often slowed down by ill-health because he has little energy to handle the complexities of the office of the president. Not only that, the country missed ample bilateral opportunities, which analysts averred, are requisite ingredients for the country’s tortuous journey to prosperity as encapsulated in the incumbent administration’s seven-point agenda and Vision 20:2020.
During his third medical trip abroad in August last year, the country according to analysts, lost the opportunity of learning from the Brazilian example, which is one of the world’s emerging economies.
The fourth medical trip also cost the country the golden opportunity of hobnobbing with the world leaders during the United Nations General Assembly session in New York. Yar’adua lost an opportunity of meeting President Barack Obama. While this development ignited criticisms from observers, the president also concurrently missed a UN Climate Change Summit that took place at the same time.
His continued absence at important national assignments including the just concluded FIFA U-17 World Cup tournament where he was unable to grace the final match on November 15, 2009 at the National Stadium, Abuja, The problem didn’t seem to even spare an important duty like the formal presentation of the national budget proposal to the joint session of the National Assembly. The president, in an unprecedented manner, decided to send the copies of the 2010 budget to the two chambers of the federal legislature, rather than make a formal presentation.
The president’s health has been taking its toll on the country’s survival long before now. The 15-day absence of the president last August from the country, Sunday Trust findings revealed had affected the inner workings of the administration because many policy decisions which were to get the consent of the president were left unattended to.

Sylvester Ikechukwu said:
The problem with NIgeria is, there are miscreants that is running the affairs of the state. Anyone can fall ill, but that does not mean the function of a state should stop. They are aware that this guy is incapable of running Nigeria, despite all good intentions healthwise he is incapable. This is a cursed state, and only divine intervention can resolve the impending crisis. Billions have been siphoned off year after year and the citizens did nothing. Students,Clergies,Unions,Trades reps,Journalist,Media .No one demostrated or voiced opinions. We have recycled old farts managing the affairs of over 150 millions. We need to repeat the same feat as happened in Ghana. That cleared all the old woods and set a template for them to work on. Thieves in Ghana now knows their fate. Strong institutions was implemented.There are Nigerians all over the world in key positions, in various countries contributing to the development of their alien countries. I work for a key company in the UK and would have loved to use my skills to train NIgerians in Nigeria if there is a viable state. A country that produces Oil cannot service its own people with that commodity. This is due to thieves,visionless Imbeciles that run the affairs of a potentially great country. The only person that is doing well considering all the hinderance by the thieves is Fashola of lagos state. I hope he continue to deliver.
For how long do we pray for one notorious issue? There`s this funny thing about truth: when you bury truth, it will stick up its fingers! I say this because the real Nigerians who will deliver, are yet to arrive on the scene. What we see are just looters. The President of the most populous black country is sick and all they do is hide him from public glare and the sickness refuses to budge and they say we should pray? Pray for what or for who?
Think about this: I learnt the VP`s mansion will gulp about N7b but the gamut of Nigerian Police had just been granted N2.8b for facelift and somebody is busy saying our police will compete with world standard?
There is fuel scarcity in my country and yet for nearly 10yrs, no refinery worked, it`s all imports. When will this deceit end?

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2021   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service