Please forgive me for my wrong use of Englise language , as it is not my native language.
THROUGH OUT THE GLOBE , AFRICANS IN GENERAL AND NIGERIA IN PARTICULAR ARE KNOW AS THE MOST GROWING CONTINENT/COUNTRY IN TERMS OF CRISTIAN RELIGION , YET ALL KIND OF SOCIAL VICES LIKE (CHILD ABUSE , CORRUPTION, TRIBALISM HATERAD AMONG NEBOUGHS) AND MORAL DECADNESS ARE ABOUND AMONG THE LEADERS AND FOLLOWERS OF THAT SAME RELIGION . JUST LOOK AT THIS .

SOMETIME LAST THREE WEEKS IN ENUGU STATE NIGERIA WAS A CASE OF A PASTOR WHO SOLD HIS OWN CHILD FOR A TOKEN OF #150.000 NAIRA OR  $850 AND WENT AS FAR AS REPORTING TO THE NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE , THAT HIS CHILD IS MISSING. AT THE SAME TIME SARCHING THE WHOLE PLACES WITH HIS INNOCENT WIFE WHO HAS EMBARCKED ON HUNGER STRIK SINCE THE INCIDENT.
RECENTLY IN CROSS RIVER STATE NIGERIA ACORDING TO SUNDAY 25 O4 2010 PUNCH. JUST WATCH OUT THIS Nemesis has caught up with a pastor, Mr. EFfiong Edem, 48, and Mr. Sunday Bassey, 28, in Calabar, Cross River State, for allegedly inflicting various degrees of injuries on an eight-year-old girl after labelling her a witch.

While Edem who was said to have labelled the victim, Blessing Edidiong, a witch claimed to be a pastor of a new generation church at Eight Miles, Calabar, Bassey is believed to be the uncle of the hapless minor.

The suspects, SUNDAY PUNCH learnt, were paraded by the Nigerian Immigration Service in Calabar on Thursday.

The victim, who showed remarkable intelligence, it was learnt, was physically abused and tortured for many weeks in an attempt to exorcise her of demons.

The minor, it was further gathered, was chained, denied food for many days, as well as beaten with wire.

The suspects also used knife to lacerate her feet, just as they forced her to confess to belonging to a witch cult.

Edidiong told SUNDAY PUNCH that her travails started when her mother died and her uncle accused her of being responsible for the death.

“The pastor said I was a witch and caned me. My uncle used knife to stab me on my head and all over my body. He said I caused my mother‘s sickness and that I was responsible for her death,” she muttered.

But SUNDAY PUNCH learnt that Edidiong‘s mother died of health complications after she was discharged against medical advice from Dr. Henshaw Memorial Hospital and Research Centre, Calabar.

A nurse in the hospital, Mrs. Rose Akpama, who reported Edidiong‘s travails to NIS said the lad came to the hospital with signs and symptoms of chest pain, prolonged coughing, emaciation and fever.

‘But her brother, the suspect, came and took her away against medical advice‘, adding that she saw all the injuries on the victim and decided to report the matter to NIS.

Meanwhile, the NIS Comptroller in the state, Henry Malgwi, has handed over the victim and suspects to NAPTIP‘s Head of Operation, Uyo Zonal Office, Mrs. Cordelia Ebiringa.

THIS TWO INCIDENTS AND NUMERUS OTHERS , ARE PURE CASES OF CHILD ABUSE IN HIGHEST ORDER. YOU, I AND THE AUTHORITY SHOULD STAND  AND DEFFEND THIS CHILDREN . THE TAX IS NOT ONLY FOR THE AUTHORITY. ALL HANDS MUST BE ON DECK AS GOOD AMBASSADOR OF GOD TO PROTECT CHILDREN FROM THE UNNECESSARY MALTREATMENT FROM THE HAND OF WICKED, AS YOU ALL KNOW THAT A NATION WITHOUT CHILDREN ARE DOOMED. HOW CAN WE DO THIS ?. WE CAN DO THIS .

1.BY ATITUDINAL CHANGE. MANY OF AFRICANS STILL BELLIVE IN SUPERSTISUS BELIVE DESPITE EBRACING CHRISTIANITY AS RELIGION OF LOVE. WHERE IS OUR FAITH AS THE CHILDREN OF GOD EVEN THE OUR SO CALLED PASTORS ARE AFRIED OF UNKNOW ( THE NON EXISTENCE) , THEN HOW MUCH MORE THE CONGRIGATIONS.

2.BY REPORTING ANY CASE OF CHILD RIGHT VIOLATION TO THE APROPRIATE AUTHORITY FOR IMIDIATE ACTION. THEREBY KEEPING VIGIL UPON ANY CHILD IN OUR SOCITY.THEY NEED A VOICE ..... AND WE SHALL BE THEIR VOICE

Views: 319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alicia, I appreciate your article. But you will agree with me that child abuse is a universal phenomenon. It exists all over the world but in different degrees. The fact that these cases are reported in the Nigeria media clearly indicates that Nigeria is against child abuse and right now a lot of human right activits are championing the cause for such cases. About the so-called Pastors, some of them are not pastors at all. They make false claims just to eke out a living. Many lazy folks claim to be pastors because that is one of the quickest ways of making money in the country. There is no true man of God, who will commit such attrocity. But do not be deterred at all, for even the bible warns that such evil men, who hide under the guise of religion will arise at the last days. Just remain focused, do not lose your faith and vision because of such men. God will definitely bring them to judgment.
mr charles , please try to understand , i dont mean to victimis nigerians . i know that it is a grobal phenominun. but we must keep on talking . we are their voice . thanks.
Alicia, we will use our platform to chat this course, I sincerely feel your pains as well.
Nice one sister keep it up
Alicia,I so much appreciate your interest in re-branding and your love for Africa especially Nigeria. Continue with your advocacy.Only few understands that conscience is like a wound only truth can heal it. Keep it up.
Hello,
My name is mary, i got you from .community.vanguardngr.com. and i want to have a
good relationship with you, please i need your cooperation,
am yours mary
this is my email address,(marymabou009@yahoo.com)
THANKS ALOT PLEASE CONSTACTS ME IN
MARYMABOU009@YAHOO.COM
Some of these cases that involved the Pastors, and Churches should be taking to the C A N (Christian association of Nigeria) meeting or Headquarter. Churches are meant to be a place of worship not a place of torturing people in any form or the other.Nigeria media should all the time be ready to report Child abuse cases to the public too.
Thank you Alicia, keep talking for the voice less one.

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service