According to the Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire confirms 258 cases of Lassa Fever , 41 deaths in 19 states as at Tuesday, Jan. 28 2020.
The states affected are Edo, Ondo, Imo, Ebonyi, Kano, Delta, Taraba, Plateau, and Bauchi, Kogi, Gombe, Kebbi, Kaduna, Jigawa, Akwa Ibom, Cross River among others.
Lassa fever is spread by contact through the urine and feces of infected rats and rodents. It may be house rats or bush rats.
It is caused by a virus from the same family as Ebola.
Vanguard gathered top tips for you to stay free from Lassa fever as follows:
1. Stay alert
2. Inform other people about the disease
3. Keep your kitchens and souroundings clean.
4. Avoid rat in your surroundings.
5. Report suspected cases of Lassa fever to the nearest hospital close to you.
6. Don't eat any leftover food especially in an environment that rats may be plenty. Those rats might have stooled/urinated in that food.
7. When you find a dead rat in your house, don't pick it with bare hands. The blood and bodily fluid of a living/dead rat can infect you.
8. Keep gutters & drainages clean especially around the house. Don't let garbage and housewaste always accumulate in your home.
9. Avoid eating bush meats.
10. Use gloves to pick any living or dead rat you find in your house and bury it safely or burn it totally. Don't dispose rats anyhow anywhere, please.
Thanks, I even changed my work. I prefer to stay home and to earn money just using my playable skills and brains. If you want to do it right like me, lets wait for dota 2 upcoming matches and try to make some bets. I don`t give any referal, cause i don`t need it, i can only help with betting.