The Governor of CBN, Lamido Sanusi told Nigerians that the members of the National Assembly alone spend 25% of the nation's revenue. Is this not alarming? This same set of people approved N18,000 minimum wage for the country. This same set of people are not ready to let go a kobo from their salary. No doubt, this minimum wage has caused and is still causing problems in many states. Most of the states cannot afford this. To pay this minimum wage, many states have to borrow millions of naira. Does it mean that they won't embark on other projects?

Let the federal government review this before things go out of hand. If FG cannot considerably increase state monthly allocation, then workers should be made to know the effects of this minimum wage. Oyo State Governor, whom I am very much proud of came out with the data, of how much the state receives, internal revenue and how much is needed to pay the new minimum wage.

God bless Nigeria.

God bless Oyo State.

God bless Iseyin Local Government.

Views: 190

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what u said is true but can it make our nation move smotly? , i beleive we need gods hand in this nation and all could work as a team to carry our nation along , i cry when ever i remember future of our children , its not happy one atall because govern has no plan for the future generation , but lets continue praying god can touch there heart
What is our problem? Our problem is that we are not yet practicing true federalism.  In the actual sense, states are not supposed to beg for fund from the federal govt. Each state is supposed to use the resources available to it to develop at its own place.  Until we begin to practice true federalism as we had it after independence, states will find survival very difficult.

Charles Ugochukwu Okere said:
What is our problem? Our problem is that we are not yet practicing true federalism.  In the actual sense, states are not supposed to beg for fund from the federal govt. Each state is supposed to use the resources available to it to develop at its own place.  Until we begin to practice true federalism as we had it after independence, states will find survival very difficult.
Just a few states can generate internal revenue. Since this is the case, we have to make do with what we have.

Samuel Anorue said:
what u said is true but can it make our nation move smotly? , i beleive we need gods hand in this nation and all could work as a team to carry our nation along , i cry when ever i remember future of our children , its not happy one atall because govern has no plan for the future generation , but lets continue praying god can touch there heart
Yes, we have to pray but we still have to do our part of the case. God wont come down from heaven to do things we can do for ourselves for us.
True fiscal federalism will bring government nearer to the people than what we have now.  People can now ask questions about their resources because they know it is meant for the state alone.  However, I agree with you that all hands must be on deck, but remember that sacrifice has limit.

ogundipe omoluabi said:

Samuel Anorue said:
Yes, we have to pray but we still have to do our part of the case. God wont come down from heaven to do things we can do for ourselves for us.
States can pay the minimum wage if their resouces are used judiciously.  After all how much do political office holders earn?  An illiterate councillor, who does practically nothing from the beginning of the month to the end earns as much as N100,000, why can't a civil servant earn much more?  The state governments are not sincere.  How much do they set aside as security votes monthly?  This money they share with their "honourable' members of the house and also tamper with local government allocations because they operate joint account.  The states do not have any reason not to pay. 

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2021   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service