A people deserve the type of leaders they get; especially when they are timid and docile. Nigeria's leadership question can only get better, when the mass of our people are assertive and willing to support some few leaders who are doing greatly well. It is obvious that given the benefit of a solid foundation, a governor can fix the development projections of a state, and in case there is none-existent foundation, he can lay one. Let us identify good leaders and back them.

Views: 323

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with you sir ,that people get what they deserve especially if thier attitude or capabilty is taken into consideration. But I want to make it clear that Nigerians are neither timid nor docile. We are being oppressed to a level that we dare not sneeze if we are threatened not to do so. What do someone expect from hapless citizens in d face of guns and indiscriminate detentions and gaol? Opposition loyalists are being carted away to God knows where, the lucky ones have their corpses deposited at their doorsteps.

There are people out there who are ready to fight for just cause not minding if it claims their lives, but how sure are they that the survivors would uphold the cause afterwards?Police that are to protect the masses are machinery in the hands of the few priviledge, justice is turn upside down, INEC can't conduct a credible election. Even if we vote, our mandate don't count. We can't carry matchets to liberate ourselves from the shackles of these wicked souls, we can get our freedom by expressing our opinions and voting credible and sefless people in. But, would our leaders allow us?Those ruling us are greedy and brutal, they don't mind genocide if only for them and their selected loved ones to survive.

The few blessed have all joined the band wagon. If the righteous elite and those financially capable come out with genuine cause, and the police refuse to be zombies do not be surprised Nigerians aren't coward but just handicapped presently.

We know only purposeful and sefless leaders can move the nation forward. But the question remains: Where are they? Are they ready for the fight? If yes, would we all complement their efforts and legacy? Where is M.K.O.Abiola today?
Its a shame how we have degenerated from active participants and co-architects of nation building to a docile and care free people! I remember a few years ago while still in school, how student leaders take up the gauntlet and at the risk of jeaorpadising their future fought endlessly until the present democratic regime was installed. The shame is this hard fought democracy has improverished Nigerians more than the evil dictators we collectively fought out of the way!
Hi Titi, i received your reply with an affectionate instinct. Nigeria's history and contemporary situation is one that implies "a sad commentary", yet, building blocs of mass movements remains the cornerstone of our liberation. Verily Verily i say onto you, if you decide in your heart to resist temptations associated with populist struggles to get involved, it will not be long before another person joins you in the cause. Yes we can!
Thank you sir. May God help us. Amen
VANGUARD Online-Community please remove the images of corrupt politicians like Tinubu from your mast-head; a lot of people find it offensive to be reminded daily of crooks like this goon. Dr Buki Morgan MBBS psc 21 Jan 2010 2342hrs
"It is obvious that given the benefit of a solid foundation, a governor can fix the development projections of a state, and in case there is none-existent foundation, he can lay one. Let us identify good leaders and back them."

Hon. Edokpolo, I agree with you on the aforesaid and cannot shy away from the fact that I indeed have identified a very good leader for a state, one that is worthy of the support of every well meaning Nigerian, but to keep this community free of favoritism hence inviting a deluge of same from other members, I will only send details to you on request to your V-community inbox.

Titi's comments are very valid. I must quickly point out though that we need not engage those *#*&*@# self imposed leaders of ours to fisticuffs or allow them use our bothers, sister, sons, daughters, uncles, aunties, fathers, mothers, and turn them against their own, for if we win the war of intellects, which they lack, we need not engage in physical war. This in no way removes the fact I will not join my brothers and sisters in the cause if need be.
I vehemently disagree with the part that Nigerians are docile and timid. If we are then who are the few leaders we are talking about here, none Nigerians or is it just the handful of them that are not docile? Non violence especially in the issue of governance is key, i have witnessed post election crisis in another country and after such experience, i think i appreciate a dialogue/peace focused Nigeria even though it leaves us with an absentee president. Even when we put our choice of person there, it will still take time as it is a process, dont forget we are talking of 150million people. i believe that we are on the part of nation building already, as some governors are really embracing development and the impact is seen. things might not be as we assume but it is nation building and it starts with us all, not just standing on a potium and looking at the masses anymore.
young impressionable, knowledge-seeking minds should be encouraged in partaking in open discussion, where all ideas are freely discussed
that is my one disagreement with edokpolo. in an open society,there shd be no room for private consultations, it is open to abuse.another thing i know society,especially african societies emphasise respect for adults,respect...yes, veneration, no...that also is open to abuse, with some adults (again, like obasanjo and tinubu)who have nothing to offer relying only on grey hair and not grey matter do it for them.how do you strike a balance? i encourage my children to adopt the user-friendly title of 'uncle' when addressing my friends and elders,rather than the oppressive, slavish and condescending 'sir' punctuating every sentence. ofcourse this is only my way. you evolve yours
...again i ask who is Hon honourable, and who is Dishonourable...too many irrelivances be-cloud our arguments, hardly do i see advanced societies do this.how often do you hear Hon Chief Obama,,,its always Obama and if the honorific will be used at all its only at the opening remark and thats it

Hon. Aiyamenkhue Edokpolo said:
Hi Titi, i received your reply with an affectionate instinct. Nigeria's history and contemporary situation is one that implies "a sad commentary", yet, building blocs of mass movements remains the cornerstone of our liberation. Verily Verily i say onto you, if you decide in your heart to resist temptations associated with populist struggles to get involved, it will not be long before another person joins you in the cause. Yes we can!
Thank you Sandra for believing in Nigerians, defending our potentials and also for your optimism that we are already on nation building path. This is what we need for rebranding the nation, not poster pasting and slogan without believing and standing for the populace. We need to wash ourselves clean of all sorts of allegations, extol our abilities and believe in a common goal.Together, we shall attain a better and greater Nig we so much desire, deserve and yearn for.

ANYANWU SANDRA CHIDIMMA said:
I vehemently disagree with the part that Nigerians are docile and timid. If we are then who are the few leaders we are talking about here, none Nigerians or is it just the handful of them that are not docile? Non violence especially in the issue of governance is key, i have witnessed post election crisis in another country and after such experience, i think i appreciate a dialogue/peace focused Nigeria even though it leaves us with an absentee president. Even when we put our choice of person there, it will still take time as it is a process, dont forget we are talking of 150million people. i believe that we are on the part of nation building already, as some governors are really embracing development and the impact is seen. things might not be as we assume but it is nation building and it starts with us all, not just standing on a potium and looking at the masses anymore.
Nice Post......

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2022   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service