As we approach independence i looked back to how we started and how we got to where we are now.before the British ammalgamation of Nigeria we have not been one.and by joining us together we fool ourselves that we are one.as we are getting ready for election it is clearer to many of us how different we are.let no body fool you by saying spliting Nigeria will weaken us thats nonsense.South Africa is very powerful with 47,000000 people thats less than 35% of Nigeria. Ghana and most other african states are small countries making Governing easier.look at religious crisis in the north thats another example of how nearly impossible it is to keep Nigeria as  one entity.now the North wants the presidency, the south south.south east all wants it.even when you give it to the North the muslim North wont allow the Northern Christian to run for the presidency.so instead of this unholy union lets split NIgeria between south and north.like Yugoslavia,USSR. That will put an end to muslim christian fighting in the north and end this stupid zoning system.as you are celebrating independence think on this things.

Views: 253

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

True talk my friend. Infact, the entity called nigeria is the worst thing done by the british colonial masters.It resulted in Civil war. We have many freedom fighting group seeking secession. The Hausas have their newly introduced Boko Haram. In Ijaw we have militants, In Yoruba we have OPC, IN Igbo MASSOB never dies. I had a dream where Nigeria is divided into four with each group having their head of state. BIAFRA NATION STANDS, ODUDUWA NATION STANDS, AREWA NATION STANDS, IJAW NATION STANDS. how i wish that this dream will come to pass soon.
That is so thoughtful of you. We Nigerians don't want to hear the truth at all because we don't find comfort in the truth. The only way to end the lingering problem in this country arose by religious and tribal sentiment is SECESSION. I think we should all pray for a peaceful secession like that of Abraham and Lot in the bible.
My friend, How I wish it is as easy as we look at it. The first falacy that debunks this proposal is the issue of Population! Dont be supprised that our bloated figure of 150million may at the end of the day be untrue, If we remove the patches included for the sharing of National Cake (Local Government Politics) by everybody, dont be supprised if we are not even up to a hundred.
In as much as having a Biafra, Oduduwa, or Arewa may be laudable for the short term, there will be structural defficiencies and flashpoints e.g Where will you put Warri? Oduduwa or Biafra? Where will you put Kwarra? Oduduwa or Arewa. I can assure you that Biafra will hope to have their former borders, whosai! The Ijaw lands spread from Ondo state to Cross River!! I can assure you that there will be a "mexican stand off" aka the good,the bad, and the ugly; between Oduduwa,Biafra, and the Ijaw Nations.
My point is, we should have a True and Loose federalism and remove the present contraption peacefully. Lets decentralise the center to become small but powerful, and the States weak but rich. I believe there will be mutual respect and speedy developement in our different areas of Strength.
Ago udom , i know u will not be far from yoruba or edo , you guys are allways afried of dividing . a yoruba man is allways inbitween and will never want to stand on his own due to fear of indipendence.

AGO Udom said:
My friend, How I wish it is as easy as we look at it. The first falacy that debunks this proposal is the issue of Population! Dont be supprised that our bloated figure of 150million may at the end of the day be untrue, If we remove the patches included for the sharing of National Cake (Local Government Politics) by everybody, dont be supprised if we are not even up to a hundred.
In as much as having a Biafra, Oduduwa, or Arewa may be laudable for the short term, there will be structural defficiencies and flashpoints e.g Where will you put Warri? Oduduwa or Biafra? Where will you put Kwarra? Oduduwa or Arewa. I can assure you that Biafra will hope to have their former borders, whosai! The Ijaw lands spread from Ondo state to Cross River!! I can assure you that there will be a "mexican stand off" aka the good,the bad, and the ugly; between Oduduwa,Biafra, and the Ijaw Nations.
My point is, we should have a True and Loose federalism and remove the present contraption peacefully. Lets decentralise the center to become small but powerful, and the States weak but rich. I believe there will be mutual respect and speedy developement in our different areas of Strength.
It is quite unfortunate that at fifty years of independence Nigerians are still talking of zoning between North and South. It is quite disheartening that Atiku is one of the leading supporters of the so- called zoning policy. when he wanted to contest for the presidency in 2003, did Atiku not know there was a zoning policy? However, I totally disagree with Ndu that spliting Nigeria into North and South is the solution to our problem. Nigeria is already a great nation. What we need now is to play politics based on issues and not on tribal sentiments. That is why we should reject Atiku and those who share his views on zoning completely. We can achieve this objective by enlightening the people.
Ismaila, That is most unfortunate.What has my place of Origin got to do with it? The thread says to break or not to break? Which model of breakup would you prefer "Yugoslavia or USSR? Dont forget we are Nigerians with passion for execive greed.
I give Nigeria Oil and Gas, what do you give Nigeria? Think about this while you mule over the concept of self-destruction and mutually assured destruction(MAD), which some of you may not really be arround when the carnage starts!!

ismaila said:
Ago udom , i know u will not be far from yoruba or edo , you guys are allways afried of dividing . a yoruba man is allways inbitween and will never want to stand on his own due to fear of indipendence.

AGO Udom said:

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2022   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service