The Embassy of Belgium is looking for suitably qualified personnel for the below role
The Embassy of Belgium in Abuja is recruiting a Multi skilled administrative operative, who will function:
a) As a "secretarial operative":
Carry out secretarial tasks in order to support the manager/service/post in daily administrative management.
- Manage agendas or other schedules
- Make necessary contacts for the service or the manager with local official bodies, other representations, private organisations, suppliers, etc.
- Sort and record incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Proofread and, if necessary, correct documents (spelling, layout, etc.)
- Reply (telephone, e-mail, letters) to simple requests
- Draft letters/verbal notes/various communications under the manager's supervision
- Create spreadsheets and prepare simple presentations
- Help to write certificates concerning nationality, public records, etc.
- Prepare mission authorisations and book trips, hotels for the manager and/or other internal staff, etc.
- Contribute to the management of certain files concerning staff (recruitment/end of contract, salary sheets, presence sheets and holiday sheets, etc.)
- Search for and keep up-to-date information and documentation that is useful for colleagues' work
- Prepare/complete files for meetings, missions, etc.
- Regularly report on (feedback) the status of files
- Manage simple instruction files (diplo-flights, routine notifications to local authorities, etc.)
b) As a "front office operative":
Welcome and receive the frontline questions, requests and documents of Belgian or foreign citizens in order to provide a response or immediate help or to convey/transmit them to the manager.
- Inform the visitor about the documents needed, regulations and procedures, timescales, etc.
- Inform and answer requests by e-mail, telephone; if necessary, forward them to a manager
- Receive and examine the documents presented
- Question/guide/advise/help the applicant with procedures
- Register files in the software indicated and according to the rules in force
- Inform the applicant of the outcome of his application
- Issue certificates or other documents required by the applicant.
c) As a "back office operative":
Prepare, encode and monitor the evolution of applications according to the procedures and regulations in force in order to support the manager/service/post in consular activities.
- Check documents and complete applications, if necessary by contacting the applicant
- Check the authenticity of documents if necessary
- Prepare certificates and various acts and documents
- Reply to mail from Belgian or foreign citizens, local authorities, honorary consulates, etc. pertaining to consular affairs
Minimum a Polytechnic/Bachelor’s degree in administration/secretariat or similar, PLUS
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience
- Fluent speaking, writing and reading in English is required (language proficiency will be tested)
- Proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is a must (proficiency will be tested)
- Knowledge of either French or Dutch is an asset.
The monthly gross salary is 200,390.- monthly transport and housing allowance is 35,582.- Naira; 8% pension contribution is withheld; accepted medical expenses are reimbursable at 90% - 24 working days holidays a year
Interested applicants for this position MUST adhere to the following, or the application will not be considered:
Only electronic submissions sent in 1 email (containing the application letter, cv and additional documentation) will be accepted, PLUS
- The attached resume or curriculum vitae must provide the necessary information
- Additional documentation must support/address the requirements listed above (e.g. Transcripts, Degrees, Certificates etc.)
- The application letter must be type-written and signed, apply specifically for this position, and address the minimum requirements as advertised
- Electronic submissions cannot be larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments ONLY in PDF and Word formats, NOT pictures.
- Emails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
To view full details and how to apply, follow the link below/: