SHOULD FG ALLOW THE KILLERS OF SLAIN CORPS MEMBERS GO UNPUNISHED?

Someone categorically stated in my office yesterday afternoon that a sacrifice must be paid for something to be achieved. My question is "must the sacrifice be accepted only when the Christians are murdered, churches set on ablaze and Christians rendered homeless?"

The ideas of our leaders keeping mute all times and allow religious fanatics send innocent citizens to grave is becoming so alarming and unbearable. What do we tell the parents of the deceased? Should Easterners, Southerners and Westerners still allow their graduates to be sent to Northern part of the country in the name of NYSC again?

On Monday, I read Tinubu imploring Federal Government to compensate the family of the slain Corps Members as if that is enough to console the families of the deceased or consumerate with the great lost.

No one has suggested any concrete appropriate penalty for the killers. The crux of the matter is that if nothing is done this time; 2015 will record high percentage of Northern merciless killing exercise. Do we have to cross our legs, fold our arms and allow this ugly trend happen again?

If any Nigerian is comfortable with this, then that person should be sure of accepting greater tragedy or calamity of his life and family.

Views: 489

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Buhari must pay for this evil, bcs God ask cain where is thine brother ? God will also ask buhari where is the youth corpers you slain? He will be punished till forth generation.

Ajala timilehin samson. said:
Let GOD arise and avenge the death of the slain corpers.
@ Mavos........ U r right! It's a matter of survival of d fittest. D wrath of God"ll come upon those cannibals.

Mavos said:
The ruling elites are 'patching' and managing the 'licking' and fake unity of One Nigeria at expense of the middle class and ordinary citizens. So, the death of those innocent Nigerians do not matter to them. Read my earlier comment on this issue and see its long term benefits and advantages. If u don't see them,then I wil start analysing them one after the other using 2 world examples of where such suggestions are working. There should be the willpower by the Govt to bring the offenders to book-good and I want that. But still important is to have a national culture that wil prevent the future occurence of such barbaric pogroms.
IT SEEMS WE'VE BEEN TALKING ALOT.EVEN IF NUCLEAR BOMB SHOULD LAND ON NIGERIA(I PRAY NOT),OUR SO-CALLED LEADERS WIL DO NOTHING.THESE NORTHERNERS SEEM TO HAVE OVERPOWERED NIGERIA,THEY CAN DECIDE TO CAUSE MAYHEM AT WIL N GET AWAY WITH IT.NIGERIA KNOWS THE CULPRITS N SPONSORS!!!. HOO HA, MOST LEADERS NEED TO DIE! PRES.GEJ SHOULD SHOW NO MERCY IN DEALING WIT EM,HE'S TOO COLD!
Amennnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
Mya dear u hv said it all. From my own point of view I fink d F.G should firstly prosecute d mastermind behind these killings (BUHARI) as it's been done to those African leaders that refused to resign b/cos Buhari questioned the fair nd impartial judgement of the result of the presidential election as nt being democratic which was widely accepted by all execpt for his supporters and trying to unsurp the government through a mini-war which can be disasterous to the country in general b/cos when the gangleader has been caught the gang members will draw back b/cos the one backing them up or supporting them materiastically or through other means is under prosecution as in the case of Charles Okah
Mya dear u hv said it all. From my own point of view I fink d F.G should firstly prosecute d mastermind behind these killings (BUHARI) as it's been done to those African leaders that refused to resign b/cos Buhari questioned the fair nd impartial judgement of the result of the presidential election as nt being democratic which was widely accepted by all execpt for his supporters and trying to unsurp the government through a mini-war which can be disasterous to the country in general b/cos when the gangleader has been caught the gang members will draw back b/cos the one backing them up or supporting them materiastically or through other means is under prosecution as in the case of Charles Okah
Those who carried out the destardly act whether directly or indirectly should be punished in accordance with the law.  In fact I recommend death penalty for them.  They are bastards.
Chioma its really, really sad the manner in which gorvernment at the federal level handle issues of national interest mostly when it borders on threat to life or destruction of life & property or religious & ethnic uprising. But i know that the tree of freedom is watered by blood of heros. These corp members are heros, & the tree of freedom is credible election.
Chinezerem i totally disagree with you that the north has overpowered Nigeria, not at all, GEJ & FG can not just act immediately based on the precarious nature of Nigeria. As a leader u have to be diplomatic because any forceful clamdown on Buhari & his armies of amajiris insurgence will be interpreted as a war against Islam, & dont forget that it was the control of political power that led to Biafra/Nigeria war which is still fought today at religous & ethníç £€v€£
Chioma, did you know that all these center on leadership, take  a look back at the Jos crisis, how many woman , children , young and old  has  brutally been harked to death , how many people were arrested and what happen  to them till date no body has said anything concerning them. the point i am trying to put cross here is that ,we do not have leaders with foresight and vision to correct the wrong in our society , Ojukwu saw this some years back, and we said he is a a rebel, must we remain together ? cant the north and south separate?  the colonial process that brought us together never take in to consideration our diverse difference , we are not  compatible as people being together , and the simple truth is that , we must redefined this relationship at least the igloos,  Yoruba , the Efiks , etc from the south has similarity in their tradition, culture, religion etc. and so can stay together.

This is a crucial  issue and should not be handled lightly, thanks CHIOMA for drawing light on this matter, I appreciate your kind gesture and the spirit of patriotism in you and the Nigerians that have show their good will by commenting positively.

Well, as for me, I served 2009/2010 in Ondo state as a your corper and I seriously know how the NYSC scheme is not totally what it is meant to be but many thanks to General Tsiga, he his a strong pillar when it comes to the issues concerning NYSC corpers and he actually leave his office in Abuja to visit NYSC camp all over Nigeria, thumb up to the General.

About the killing, it should be noted that it is not only corpers that are killed, other innocents are also kill. We should try and treat the matter as a whole entity and not deviate from the norms. The killing is totally nonsensical and completely condemnable. I felt so sad for the family affected.

I am a christian anyway but I will like to say that the problem with the north is the lack of education, I mean ignorance, An educated banker or lawyer or medical doctor cannot have time to carry cutlass and knife and start killing and also because of the status. We equally have mulisms in the south and we coexist together in peace and sometimes even get married together.

well, you can only take a horse to the river, you cannot force the horse to drink water, for a long time, the southerners have embraced western education but the northerner having thesame opportunities have not embraced it the way the southerners did. They prefer to go to arabic schools.

If the Federal Government want to help, they will have to do the following:

1. They should segregate the christian communities in the north and ensured tightened security,

2. They should encourage the Northerners to go to school, enough hungry alumajiri's on the street of Northerner Nigeria.

3. The education of the North will teach them about family planning, so you don't give birth to 100 children when you

cannot take care of them, and during crisis they will turn to weapons of mass destruction.

4. Introduce and enforce hausa, igbo and yoruba language from primary schools to SS3. with this you can understand and

communicate better with ourselves. So when the hausa's alumajiri's are discussing to kill a sourtherner he can run for  

his life immediately.

Until this basic things are meant, I am sorry to say that Nigeria cannot be one country because the southerners cannot continue to look and allow their sons and daughters to be slain like a northern cow.

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2022   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service