SCAM ALERT!
Dear genuine Vanguard Online Community Members. I wish to bring to your notice that our revered community has been compromised by some unscrupulous individuals have decided to use this forum as a pad to perpetuate SCAM. I have one of such letters written to me to foster a relationship that I know will lead to disaster. This mail is targeted at successful men of 40 and above. (I am sure there must be one for women too)The first mail always reads:

''risa donatus has added you as a friend on Vanguard Online Community

Am Risa a lovely girl,and i drop at your profile,i love what i saw Please contact me direct to my email address for me to send my picture and further communications.
[email protected]

then a follow up:
Dearest,
How was your night over there in your country and the day,i believe you had a nice night and that the altmosphere over there in your country is very nice today? Mine was a little bit warm over here in Dakar Senegal .

My name is Risa Donatus i am (24yrs) but age ,distance, or colour doesn't matter in a real relationship,so i am comfortable with your age,I am from Cote d' Ivoire in West Africa ,5.4ft tall, fair in complexion, single,(never married ) and presently i am residing here in Dakar as a result of the civil war that was fought in my country some years ago.

My late father DR WILLIAMS DONATUS was the managing director of COCOA EXPORTING INDUSTRIES (Ltd) in ABIDJAN (the capital city of COTE D'IVOIRE ,my country) before the rebels attacked our house one early morning and killed my mother and my father in cold blood.
It was only me that is alive now and I managed to make my way to a near by country SENEGAL where i am leaving now as a refugee under a Revrend father's care and i am using his computer to send these message to you.
I would like to know more about you.Your likes and dislikes,your hobbies and what you are doing presently.I will tell you more about myself in my next mail.Attached here is my picture.
Hoping to hear from you soonest
Yours forever
Risa

These letters came through our community wit the photo of a beautiful girl attached.. Please beware of such and similar letters as I am sure the vanguard online community will not be to blame if you become a victim of such shallowfraud.

Views: 2472

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

make una shut up... i nor go blame the sender. bcos e nor get work.. it is high time 9ja decide which is best 4 us youth.. bcos things is going out of hands..
Elo Larry or what do you call yourself. I am disappointed by your comments. If proper investigation is conducted, you are likely to be one of the fraudsters. A Yoruba popular adage says that "E o je ka ba ole wi, e ni ibi ti olohun fi ohun si ni ko dara" meaning Instead for all to rebuke the thief, somebody is saying where the owner of an item has put it wasn't good enough". If you do not know what to write, I do not think it is compulsory for you to have commented at all.

Elo Larry said:
make una shut up... i nor go blame the sender. bcos e nor get work.. it is high time 9ja decide which is best 4 us youth.. bcos things is going out of hands..
But I sounded the fraud alert some days ago and am surprised people are sounding as if this is just a fresh news. Only greedy people fall into the antics of this fraudsters
These mails drop in every other day and funny enough they are all similar in style and text. Government crime detection agencies should follow up on these before it excalates further.
That same Risa Donatus, the guy wan die young, if he is idle, why not find himself a job, this person is one of the traitors of this country, trying to defraud their brothers.
Dear John Faloye it is a pity u replied Elo Larry or Elo Larry Risa Donatus. You will make him feel important. It is obvious from his myopic and dumb reply that he is involved in this risa donatus line of work. if i have the power I would expunge his name from our proud community. This community is for elites who share intelligent views on matters affecting us and and others as well as educate people on constructive social matters. I am sure Elo supports the Xmas Bomber too. I wont be suprised.
I received the same email but thank God that it was detected earlier before damages is done.
thanks for the information,and as well thanks for having the time to inform us
Tnkz for the alert..........
NOW BE WARNED.

Just imagine vangurad news community dats not up 2 1000 we still have 419 in our mist. God help us.
once again be WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the alert. i got the same letter and picture sent to me. It never took me time to know it was 419 scam. It is most unfortunate that 'they' have found their way here again.
Dear community members, like i did state in my previous response that their lots and lots of ways these guys throw their hooks, some of them are smart and have their acts right but if you are not driven by greed, no matter how water tight the proposal might be you will be able to find some QUESTION marks that when you follow carefully you will punch whole into the scam.
Imagine a greedy gold dealer getting a proposal like this:

MAHARA GOLD COMPANY SARL
BAMAKO MALI WEST AFRICA.

We are one of the top Gold sourcing Company here in Mali West Africa ,
We work directly with the two great villages that have the gold in there position and we are mandate to help them market there gold and look for a serious

company or private buyers who will come and sign long term contract with our Village heads to enable us handle the proposal’s.

The both Villages have growing mineral resources and are free to mine their lands
We have ability to supply any buyer for a 2 to 5 years Contract at 200Kg TO 500kg per week.

Product Type----------Gold Dust
Product Available ----- 700 Kg
Carat of Product-------22.3 Plus
Price of Product-------$16,000.00
Purity of Product------96.6%
Shipment Option-------FOB Mali

We have ability to supply any buyer for a 2 to 5 years Contract at 200Kg TO 500kg per week.

Product Type----------Gold Bars
Product Available ----- 500 Kg
Carat of Product-------23.10 Plus
Price of Product-------$18,000.00
Purity of Product------96.6%
Shipment Option-------FOB Mali

We request that all buyer’s should visit the us here in Mali to Inspect the product ,have assay done on them, then sign a contract with the local miners for

weekly / Monthly supply of gold Dust / Bars.

We will request that you send to us your letter of intent to enable us send you our FCO for more details of our procedures,
We pray for any interested buyer to please send along with his passport to enable us secure him Mali entry Visa for product inspection and shipment.

Best Regards
El-hadji Youssouf Cisse

MAY WE BE WISE ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND WHEN A CONMAN KNOCKS ON OUR DOORS!
Many thanks to you for your observation, the reason why I joined this vanguard community is to be abreast of things happening home and abroad, to contribute my opionion on how i think things should be done but any fraudster that will use this as an avenue to display his/her talent is dealing with the wrong.

Once more thanks.

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2021   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service