The Economic Community Of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen countries, founded in 1975. Its mission is to promote economic integration in "all fields of economic activity, particularly industry, transport, telecommunications, energy, agriculture, natural resources, commerce, monetary and financial questions, social and cultural matters".
We are currently recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Employee Relations Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Department: Human Resources
Directorate: Human Resources
Supervisor: Head of Divisions, HR Operations
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and track all employee relations cases.
- Collate employee relations information including investigation reports, disciplinary notes of the Commission.
- Investigate and prepare documents for all ER cases and procedures.
- Monitor and track all long term absences, leave, maternity etc…
- Attend where necessary grievance, disciplinary, or any other employee relations meeting when required.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Principal Programme Officer HR Operations and the Director, Human Resources
- A Degree in Human Resources or the Social Sciences is preferable but any other with the relevant professional experience would be considered.
- 5years professional work experience.
- Possession of a higher degree would reduce the required professional experience to three (3) years;
- Membership of a related affiliate body would be an advantage.
- Ability to establish credibility with managers across the Commission.
- Excellent networking, oral and communication skills.
- Ability to tolerate and manage heavy work loads.
- Must have a flexible work approach.
- Must be totally computer literate.
- The officer should not be over 50 years old at the point of recruitment.
- Must be fluent in one of the official working languages of the Community: English, French, and Portuguese.
- A working knowledge of another would be an advantage.
USD 36,901 - USD 44,469(Annual Salary)
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
More ECOWAS Vacancies