I think, the Nigeria Standard Organization( NSO) should concentrate on how to improve the standard of our PHCN  services, not the standard of ELECTRIC GENERATORS imported into the country. Because that is not our priority. What Nigerians need is less interrupted or uninterrupted power supply from PHCN, after all not every Nigerian can afford an electric generator . Please let's make what is what aught to be!.

Views: 214

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Electricity regulation does not fall within the purview of the Standard Organisation of Nigeria.  Rather regulation of the standard of generators imported into the country is their function.

I did not call on SON to regulate electricity but to make sure the standard of services rendered by PHCN to their customers is also improved, by making sure that no substandard,cables, transformers, insulators, cane-rods,etc, needed by PHCN for effective  power, generation, transmission, and distribution, are imported into the country.
Charles Ugochukwu Okere said:

Electricity regulation does not fall within the purview of the Standard Organisation of Nigeria.  Rather regulation of the standard of generators imported into the country is their function.

That is not the function of SON.  SON is also a victim of PHCN's inefficiency.

Garba Musa Allo said:

I did not call on SON to regulate electricity but to make sure the standard of services rendered by PHCN to their customers is also improved, by making sure that no substandard,cables, transformers, insulators, cane-rods,etc, needed by PHCN for effective  power, generation, transmission, and distribution, are imported into the country.
Charles Ugochukwu Okere said:

Electricity regulation does not fall within the purview of the Standard Organisation of Nigeria.  Rather regulation of the standard of generators imported into the country is their function.

How ! Mr, Charles, I mean to say how is SON also a victim of PHCN's inefficiency ? will you kindly be a little bit more explicit, because I do not really get you right. Please explain more!.



Garba Musa Allo said:

How ! Mr, Charles, I mean to say how is SON also a victim of PHCN's inefficiency ? will you kindly be a little bit more explicit, because I do not really get you right. Please explain more!.



Garba Musa Allo said:



Garba Musa Allo said:

How ! Mr, Charles, I mean to say how is SON also a victim of PHCN's inefficiency ? will you kindly be a little bit more explicit, because I do not really get you right. Please explain more!.

Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON) is an organization empowered to regulate the standard of goods made and imported into the country.  It does not regulate electricity supply and because it uses light like any other Nigerian, it also suffers it each time PHCN takes light.  This is how it is a victim of the inefficiency of PHCN.  Its area of jurisdiction does not include PHCN.  I hope I have made my point clear to you now.

Garba Musa Allo said:



Garba Musa Allo said:

How ! Mr, Charles, I mean to say how is SON also a victim of PHCN's inefficiency ? will you kindly be a little bit more explicit, because I do not really get you right. Please explain more!.

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service