RE: I AM PROUD OF MY TENURE AT CBN (BY PROF CHUKWUMA SOLUDO)

Dear Prof Soludo, Sir,
I have just completed my “third reading,” nay study round, of your piece titled, I AM PROUD OF MY TENURE AT CBN. I am not an economist, but in that piece you have taught us the subject, especially as it affects the Nigerian nation. I am overwhelm with joy and pride. I am exceedingly thankful to God Almighty for making a free gift of Prof Soludo to Nigeria, and its perpetually nagging and insatiable peoples.

Dear Prof, I am not writing to you because I am an Igbo man, though I am; no, not all. I write you as a true Nigerian, a well informed follower of events in the polity, and a firm believer in and advocate of the need to appreciate greatness, in order for more greatness to be achieved.

Dear Sir, you are an embodiment of knowledge, patriotism, deeply versed in the rudiments of financial/economic management. Unfortunately, you were plucked out at a time you had already brought the Nigeria economy and its banking system to their feet, and completed all plans to reposition them, preparatory to their taking a front-row among leading economies of the world.

Sir, please do not make the mistake of thinking that you are not appreciated. A great majority of Nigerians, dead and alive, are full of appreciation to you for the milestones you recorded while you held sway at the apex bank. Reasonable, well-meaning Nigerians appreciate your unprecedented and un-equalled contribution to the evolution of a new, world-class banking system, a system that immediately empowered and repositioned Nigerian banks, so much so that they immediately began to compete fairly and rub shoulders with some major banks in Africa and the rest of the world.

As I have said, we appreciate you, Sir. And, please note that, it is my opinion, that the pocket of criticisms you get here and there since you left the apex bank as its helmsman are not yielding any negative results for you; while they are calculated to run you down and or rubbish your strides at the CBN, I think, they achieve a different result for you, as they have now motivated and helped you to bring out the best in you. The result, unintended by their authors, is that you now have an opportunity to set the records straight for posterity; for if it were not for these so-called vituperations against you, we would not have had the opportunity of being availed all these pieces of useful, concrete information and facts, now coming from you as a form of defence.

May I repeat, for it cannot be overemphasized, that you are a rare gem. History will place you on its right hand side. Posterity will vindicate you. You have worked, and rendered tirelessly selfless service to your country in its time of need. Unfortunately, some people who never and will never see anything good in any one else except in themselves, now attack you, and senselessly and shamelessly so. As the great Albert Einstein once advised, great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks, sir.

Sylvester C. Udemezue
[email protected], 0802 136 5545

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No one leaves a public office without pockets of criticisms.  That is the dynamic nature of our society because no matter how hard you try, you cannot please everyone.  However one's credence is measured by the level of positive remarks that one gets at the end of the day.  To me professor Soludo can lift his head high any time any day because he left a legacy, which his successor has been buidling on.  He should not be peturbed by criticisms.  They are part of the system.

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2021   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service