Two months ago, when i was in my managment class my professor was talking about my beloved country nigeria. the thing that baffled me the most was when he  carelessly mentioned they are the owner of the oil in Nigeria. my professor who is a retired solider said that. i was shocked and confused. for that whole week, i did some research and read several articles. the painful part was that, i felt something i have never felt. i asked few people and their reply was that the oil my teacher was claiming was our oil, but we sell to them. the funniest part was that the following week i went to meet my professor to tell him to correct himself in class about what he had actually said about Nigeria. it was shocking when he showed me a current document that shows that the oil in nigeria was kind of theirs.
professor: olubunmi , sorry to say but the document here says the oil in your country belongs to we Americans.
olubunmi: no sir, you guys have it all wrong, becos you all buy the gas doesn't state that you are the owner.
professor: i know , but this document says that!!!
olubunmi: i know what it says, but according to all the articles that i ready till today says that the oil in nigeria is not yours.
professor: sorry about that, this article here clearly says order wise. i read and i have being following it for years.
i was shocked, but i still defended nigeria, After that day , i changed everyones view about nigeria and the issue of the oil in my beloved country.
my question: is nigeria the owner of the oil in our country or is it for America?

Views: 363

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that what your Professor was trying to prove was that eventhough they oil is a deposit in Nigeria, Americans take the gains. This is because our politicians has messed Niigeria up. Could you imagine where an individual owes an oil block or more. The funniest thing is that the person has nothing to develop such an oil block, instead sells it to the foreign countries and not to foreign individuals. These countries make their gains and use it to feed their children while our country and poor masses suffer. Even the little amount which the said oil block owners realize is being exported to the foreign nation, also to develop them, Nigerian ruling class are wicked. I look forward to the time when no individual owns oil block in Nigeria otherwise, the Niger Delta unrest may not end.
Well,iam so sorry for those of you who have no knowledge or idea of what is really happening around you.The so called Nigerian Government is nothing more than a
"BUNCH OF THUGS" that have sold everything to the Europeans/Americans for their personal gains.They have SOLD their souls to our ENEMIES.You have no Government just THIEVES.They are been controlled from Europe and America(PUPPETS).The Government don't give a damn about you guys,all they do is for themselves they couldn't care less.When you live out of that country then you you'll overstand what i mean.They are just TRASH.They ain't good for NOTHING.
IGNORANCE IS A BLISS.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.
You should never vote for anybody and take care of yourself.
Nigeria is not a Country.It is a patched up place.
I haven't been there for thirty years but when i am back i wont give a damn about those bunch crookes.
Good Day from Amsterdam.
Onu thanks. so what you are saying is that the oil in nigeria is not really ours right.

Onu. Anedo said:
I think that what your Professor was trying to prove was that eventhough they oil is a deposit in Nigeria, Americans take the gains. This is because our politicians has messed Niigeria up. Could you imagine where an individual owes an oil block or more. The funniest thing is that the person has nothing to develop such an oil block, instead sells it to the foreign countries and not to foreign individuals. These countries make their gains and use it to feed their children while our country and poor masses suffer. Even the little amount which the said oil block owners realize is being exported to the foreign nation, also to develop them, Nigerian ruling class are wicked. I look forward to the time when no individual owns oil block in Nigeria otherwise, the Niger Delta unrest may not end.
Ed, you don't have to sound all that bitter and just throw Nigeria in a corner. i guess to say because you are in Amsterdam does not mean, that place does not have their own bad side. i get it, Nigeria have bad eggs who make the country really look bad. the same time, let me correct you i am not confused about Nigeria just to let you know okay. Nigeria did not go rotten over night. also few of Nigerians leaders are not thieves okay. you need to stop putting people together okay. i know , if only people can just have a good groupthinking Nigeria would solve the problem of the oil better. i know with that everything would be better.

Ed Tibikimi Wasini said:
Well,iam so sorry for those of you who have no knowledge or idea of what is really happening around you.The so called Nigerian Government is nothing more than a
"BUNCH OF THUGS" that have sold everything to the Europeans/Americans for their personal gains.They have SOLD their souls to our ENEMIES.You have no Government just THIEVES.They are been controlled from Europe and America(PUPPETS).The Government don't give a damn about you guys,all they do is for themselves they couldn't care less.When you live out of that country then you you'll overstand what i mean.They are just TRASH.They ain't good for NOTHING.
IGNORANCE IS A BLISS.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.
You should never vote for anybody and take care of yourself.
Nigeria is not a Country.It is a patched up place.
I haven't been there for thirty years but when i am back i wont give a damn about those bunch crookes.
Good Day from Amsterdam.
The professor was right Bunmi, it is rather unfortunate, and however, it is the obvious truth the professor is saying. If you are patient enough he would explain and analysis why the oil in Nigeria belong to United States. For instance, the oil spill in Louisianan and if you have been following the trend of News, BP is in big mess in sense the amount of compensation BP would pay for damages and the clean up. It is not no-no.

How many oil spills that have happened in Niger Delta do you heard of, compensations paid to the communities. In Niger Delta community, gas flaring estimated at 23 billion cubit meters is constantly flare into atmosphere and the surrounding of this community. When human activity is more than nature ability to replenish, consequence is environmental degradation, there is no Environmental physical development, and sustainable development in that community and that is the situation of Niger Delta and other communities in Nigeria.

Bunmi good enough you are in Atlanta, GA in the States while I am in Providence, RI. What is going on in Niger Delta can that happen here in the States? In fall 2009, I took a break from Graduate School majoring in Environmental Advocacy and Organizing for the few months in that class I learnt and have first hand information about environmental injustice going on in Niger Delta. Over 40 years, environmental injustice is obvious in the following areas: Immediate effects of pollution of gas flaring, acid rain and pipeline leaks, second, long-term effects on health, on the environment is loss of biodiversity and destruction of habitants, rivers polluted leaving people with no alternative portable water . Third, social and economic impacts- their natural resources are destroyed, fourth, lack of compensation and clean ups , their local lands for farming are taken from them and no clean ups when there are oil spills and finally oppression, they are voiceless.

Bunmi we that are here need to be apostle of change and return home to make change. I know how you feel because I have been in similar situation. It is the reality and it is true.
You can reach me @[email protected] and we talk better.

Ayodele Fashemi

USA
interesting
Olubunmi,iam not bitter about anything because i don't care.TRUTH HURTS.And please don't get me wrong,it is not because iam living in Amsterdam i'll like to be back home.There is nothing special about living in Europe.What i mean is that the African Governments not just Nigeria are so corrupt.For instance,all the money stolen from you and me is right here in Europe/American banks.And why are they able to do this?Because they collaborate with the Enemy i.e. EUROPEAN/AMERICAN to rob you of your natural resources.Do you think you can come to any Eruopean country to rob them of what?Sister Olubunmi,this is the truth about our so called Governments they are THIEVES.
Have a good day.
if you say so Ed.

Ed Tibikimi Wasini said:
Olubunmi,iam not bitter about anything because i don't care.TRUTH HURTS.And please don't get me wrong,it is not because iam living in Amsterdam i'll like to be back home.There is nothing special about living in Europe.What i mean is that the African Governments not just Nigeria are so corrupt.For instance,all the money stolen from you and me is right here in Europe/American banks.And why are they able to do this?Because they collaborate with the Enemy i.e. EUROPEAN/AMERICAN to rob you of your natural resources.Do you think you can come to any Eruopean country to rob them of what?Sister Olubunmi,this is the truth about our so called Governments they are THIEVES.
Have a good day.
olubunmi said:
if you say so Ed.

Ed Tibikimi Wasini said:
Have a good day.
no seriously, we all have different reasons for thinking the way we do, we also have our personal views to Onu.

Onu. Anedo said:
olubunmi said:
if you say so Ed.

Ed Tibikimi Wasini said:
Have a good day.
One thing with these white, yellow or red people is that they take Africans as foolish people and ofcourse, when one gets out of the shores of Africa, one understands why they take us so. It is because our leaders take what belongs to us, which we should use to feed our children and give to those who have virtually nothing. They feel that if Africans have mental stability, that they should control the world having been endured with all these natural resources. It pains that for instance in Nigeria where people of International repute abound, Nigerian Government still look out for expartriates for whatever work they need. Just imagine, I was reading newspaper today, 11th May and came accross where it was mentioned that our new President has started work in his new office, and that Julius Berger has completed renovation work on his office and living house of the president. Does it mean that Nigerians can not do it, take whatever gain they have and feed their children. You see the mess on our dear Yaradua. Has he been treated in Nigeria, he wouldn't have died. Even if it has been ordained by God that he would die, it would not have been the way it went.

Could one imagine that even Chinese that eat anything because of hunger, take does not regard us. Not minding that most of what they use, come from Africa, Chinese call Africa "FEIZHOU". Feizhou means nothingness, empty, good for nothing. I felt bad when in a class of all races, in Xiamen University, my Professor of Linguistics, explained that the name given to Africa by Chinese, is derogatory though he said that he feels bad about it. Whatever inference the teachers made in Class, they looked on America. No wonder they call America, "MEIGUO", meaning BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY. But I will tell you, if you stay with this people that call Africans nothingness, they behave "moguly". I told some of them that whenever, I get home, that I will make a serious case and that Chinese is going to pay dearly for such name. Infact, it was when I began to google names like Emeagwali, Emeka Anyaoku, Prof Ifekwunigwe, Emeka Ojukwu, Chinua Achebe, Ngozi Okonjo Iwuala, Francis Cardinal Arinze, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ifeanyichukwu Ekwueme, and many others that I could remember, and showed some of them, that they felt sorry saying that they thought, all Africans are the same. I even made them know that these names are just from one state in Nigeria.

The Europeans, Americans and even Asians utilize on our said nothingness, produce weapons of human destrustion, sell to our people, Africa and cause confusion for them to start killing themselves while they milk our resources. We have to pray that a day shall come when Africans especially Nigeria will have someone who have a better idea in leadership in order to bring peace and genue development accross the continent.
Brother Onu,
We need to get this message out to our BROTHERS AND SISTERS.
PEACE.

Onu. Anedo said:
One thing with these white, yellow or red people is that they take Africans as foolish people and ofcourse, when one gets out of the shores of Africa, one understands why they take us so. It is because our leaders take what belongs to us, which we should use to feed our children and give to those who have virtually nothing. They feel that if Africans have mental stability, that they should control the world having been endured with all these natural resources. It pains that for instance in Nigeria where people of International repute abound, Nigerian Government still look out for expartriates for whatever work they need. Just imagine, I was reading newspaper today, 11th May and came accross where it was mentioned that our new President has started work in his new office, and that Julius Berger has completed renovation work on his office and living house of the president. Does it mean that Nigerians can not do it, take whatever gain they have and feed their children. You see the mess on our dear Yaradua. Has he been treated in Nigeria, he wouldn't have died. Even if it has been ordained by God that he would die, it would not have been the way it went.

Could one imagine that even Chinese that eat anything because of hunger, take does not regard us. Not minding that most of what they use, come from Africa, Chinese call Africa "FEIZHOU". Feizhou means nothingness, empty, good for nothing. I felt bad when in a class of all races, in Xiamen University, my Professor of Linguistics, explained that the name given to Africa by Chinese, is derogatory though he said that he feels bad about it. Whatever inference the teachers made in Class, they looked on America. No wonder they call America, "MEIGUO", meaning BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY. But I will tell you, if you stay with this people that call Africans nothingness, they behave "moguly". I told some of them that whenever, I get home, that I will make a serious case and that Chinese is going to pay dearly for such name. Infact, it was when I began to google names like Emeagwali, Emeka Anyaoku, Prof Ifekwunigwe, Emeka Ojukwu, Chinua Achebe, Ngozi Okonjo Iwuala, Francis Cardinal Arinze, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ifeanyichukwu Ekwueme, and many others that I could remember, and showed some of them, that they felt sorry saying that they thought, all Africans are the same. I even made them know that these names are just from one state in Nigeria.

The Europeans, Americans and even Asians utilize on our said nothingness, produce weapons of human destrustion, sell to our people, Africa and cause confusion for them to start killing themselves while they milk our resources. We have to pray that a day shall come when Africans especially Nigeria will have someone who have a better idea in leadership in order to bring peace and genue development accross the continent.

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2022   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service