I am not a prophet of doom but a realistic, and what i saw on monday in Nigeria's match against Zambia made me sick.
With the semi final clash against Ghana coming in 3 days time, i dont see the Eagles flying over the black stars.
i may be wrong, and i want the eagles to prove me wrong.
or what do you guys say

http://www.naijamillionaire.com

Views: 780

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What happened during the Eagles and Zambian clash affirms the fact that Nigerian team is always notorious at "fumbling and wobbling to finals" (Thanks to Fanny Amu). The issue now is that having wobbled and fumbled to semi-finals, is it possible for this strategy to take them to the finals? I doubt. Let them take a cue from Egypt and see consistency in skills and focus. Football is not a game of fumbling and wobbling.
sir,
u are 100% correct, but hw many nigerians will luv to hear d truth?

Izuchukwu Okeke Job said:
All of us knw there are no eagles but chickens....God does not throw victory everyday like against Zambia....the only way Nigeria can play well is to concede an early goal....or then sack Amodu tomorr...they are a horrible bunch to behold...sioooo
Hi Sudhir,
What u said make sense, but u got to realize, that Nigerians luv good football.
Go back to Tunisia 94 nations cup when the super eagles won the trophy and at usa 94 when they emerged as the 3rd best entertaining team at the world cup, and u will understand what i mean.
check the performance and display of our team at atlanta 96 and u will feel like weeping for nigeria football.
these boys do not invoke the true spirit of nigeria football.
like someone said, the pharoahs of egypt appears to b consistent and playing beautiful football.
God was a nigerian when the super eagles defeated the zambians- thats the truth.
the zambians played a 100% better

http://www.naijamillionaire.com

Sudhir Bisht said:
Hi guys
Good Day Clement. My views, if you care please:

(1) Let's remember that Flying Eagles is a team that was assembled in haste as most players were busy playing for their respective clubs. These guys have qualified for the World Cup despite most people saying that they wouldn't. When performers are up against so much cynicism and yet they triumph in the end, they are indeed valorous men.

(2) Most of us have been running down the coach who is trying his Best to unite the bunch that hardly ever played together. This coach has performed till now. World Cup? Qualified; Semi-final Nation's Cup? Reached. So how come he is no good!

(3) What do we want to celebrate? Efforts or Results? Efforts may be lackadaisical but results have been pretty good so far man! And consistent good results can't hinge on just luck! May be there's strategy which we can't see and appreciate. May be our team is not very good BUT is still better that most other teams?

(4) And Finally remember that this is a game of football man, NOT a battlefield
So guys Enjoy and let the good times in football continue.
Amodu has been assured his job is secured even if he didn't go beyond the group stage and now that he had passed even the quarter final, and he had once told Nigerians that he had the mandate of getting to the semi-final which he has done now, I don't see any reason for him to struggle to reach the final. Let us call a spade its real name, NFF should be re-organised, or dissolved and reconstituted. Ghana took about 7 or more of the under-21 players to this current Orange Nations Cup, the old players in the Ghana team are just there to motivate the younger players, Michael Essien was injured and could not play in the quarter final, yet Ghana won. Like somebody mentioned, the standard of African football judging with the current nations cup tournament is dwidling down, Eto'o could not save Cameroun while Didier Drogba and the likes of array of stars Cote d'Ivoire parraded at the tournament could not do anything to reach the semi-final. If actually we want to make an impact at the World cup, I think it is hightime we changed the old players and bring younger players to enliven the team. For this semi-final match against Ghana, if the right selection is made and the right players start the match, we may have the day, but if Amodu should start with his usual players with the hope of bringing in substitutes to salvage the situation when in fact the situation might no longer be redeemable, it would be disastrous.
The Eagles would never prove you wrong because they lack initiative and when they manage to scrape through any match, they make it appear that God came down from heaven to assist them. The match on Monday was a pain to me because Zambia paid the prize for their inexperience. If they had enough experience half as much as the ageing Eagles, they would have scored us at least 5 goals to nil.
Though Ghana is still another struggling team like Nigeria, i see them scrapping through and if that happens, Nigeria would end up 4th because they would never beat Egypt or Algeria for the 3rd place match
super eagles will end up carying this cup believe me, by this time Sunday, we will be singing a new song.
Super Eagles aren't our problem, it's the technical team that's not professional hence can't read situations properly. They don't know who to play with who, where and when. We need new technical team real soon.
Eagles parformance on monday was far below expectation. Yet luck was on their side. Ghana team is well coordinated with team spirit agile; With amodu's style of coaching it will be difficuilt for eagles to fly pass the black stars but let's pray for luck just as we had against zambia
well said going by our preformance we are way behind sucess but all we need we already have.what is left now is getting in the right players for the game.people like marthins in my opion should be featured from the state.and the likes of kanu too should also be in the conbination.
Kiriji the reason why i have to put God is because i never believe Super eagle will get to this point in this nations cup but to by greatest surprise they made it. is God not wonderful and marvelous. i know manner don't fall from heaven, so they still need our prayers.so Kiriji please put them in your prayer.
Kiriji1 said:
The match was the worst I have ever seen Nigeria play. If it were a better team than Zambia we could have been very disgraced. I want to believe the perfomance was a one-off and we will improve against Ghana. over-all in this tournament i hate to say that the standard of African football seems to be falling and Egypt looks like the only team that can stand its ground on the world stage. sadly they won't be at the world cup
Nigeria should play the complete under 21 Team ( the one that lost 1-0 to Germany at the final). They were a delight to watch and would give Ghana a run for the money !!

Herbert Sowemimo said:
Kiriji1 said:
The match was the worst I have ever seen Nigeria play. If it were a better team than Zambia we could have been very disgraced. I want to believe the perfomance was a one-off and we will improve against Ghana. over-all in this tournament i hate to say that the standard of African football seems to be falling and Egypt looks like the only team that can stand its ground on the world stage. sadly they won't be at the world cup

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2021   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service