I, quite agreed with his Excellency president Good luck Jonathan revelation sometime ago, that Nigeria is a failed state. Perhaps some of these attribute may explain better why Nigeria should be tag a failed nation.
1) It is only in a failed state like Nigeria that looters and past corrupt leaders are celebrated and given national award as the one we witnessed some time in 2010 in Abuja, by his Excellency president Jonathan.
2) It is only in a failed state like Nigeria that, few individual in government connived and inflate a contract sum by two billions and no body care to bring those who did so to book.
3) It is only in a failed state like Nigeria that a speaker of house of representative is accused of mismanagement of public fund to the sum of nine billion naira, and those members who dare challenge the speakers are beaten black and blue and drag out of the house in the name of suspension. The speaker spent fifty two billion naira in two years on foreign tour amid the excruciating level of poverty in this country yet the anti corruption body that can only bake but can not bite keep quite.
4) It is only in a failed state like Nigeria, that merit is sacrifices on the alter of zoning of political office.
5) It is only in a failed state like Nigeria that, one hundred and one persons are accused of corruption and sharp practices, and only one person is convicted (Bode George) others what happen to them we don’t know
Well, the list goes on and on. But one thing our elites do not understand is that there is a hand writing on the wall, the down trodden of this country has been pushed to wall, as complex as we are as a people, we still have a common goal as a people, when the Egyptians were pushed to wall they revolted, Tunisians did same, Libya are on it. And I tell you Nigeria revolution would not only be violent, but it would coast the lives of our oppressors and that of their children’s, a word is enough for the wise. It is either we wake up now, or take what ever comes our way in the near future.
i dont think nigeria is going to be better than now.