A motorbike licence in the UK is classified by three different categories.US Concealed Carry Review The categories are primarily defined by the engine size, power, and speed of the bike that can be operated. The requirements for each type of bike licence are discussed below. Category P Category P is a moped licence. It limits the rider to machines of 50cc or less with a design speed of up to 50 km/h (31 mph). A provisional moped licence can be obtained at 16 years or older. As with a provisional motorbike licence, the rider cannot ride on motorways or carry pillion passengers. Riders must take a compulsory basic training (CBT) course and receive a DL196 (CBT test certificate) before they may operate a moped on the road. The same DL196 is valid for motorcycles as well for riders over 17 with the proper provisional motorbike licence. Category A1 Category A1 comprises what are generally termed "light motorcycles," with an engine displacement up to 125cc and power output limited to 11kW. The practical test for an A1 bike licence must be taken on a motorcycle between 75cc and 125cc.


Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi! Yes, some light vehicles require a license. Luckily, I bought myself a cool and best e-bike under 1000. Now I can quickly move around the city, make country walks on the bike without any paper delays. Guys, all advise pay attention on electric bikes.


Forum Categories

© 2022   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service