Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.

Do you think that George Carlin is right.. about the statement below

Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money. "

George Carlin..

Views: 1063

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hallo Pastor Itohan

Sorry but I don't believe in any god that make love to another man's wife. ()

God chose for the mother of his Son a daughter of Israel, a young Jewish woman of Nazareth in Galilee, "a virgin “betrothed” to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary":

I think betrothed here means married .. Betrothal was binding as marriage and a divorce was necessary to terminate a betrothal
Then why in Gods’ name sorry.. why in gods name did the holy spirit made love to another man’s wife? In the first place ? is that not Adultery?
This is just a small logic..

The idea of a virgin giving birth existed thousands of years before the birth of Christ..
Ancient pagans who worshipped Cybele held a ritual for Attis, her consort of virgin birth believed to die and be reborn at this time during the spring. These rites were brought to Rome about 204 BCE, predating Christian worship by about 250 years.

The simple fact is that the New Testament, as we know it, is a helter-skelter accumulation of more or less discordant documents, some of them probably of respectable origin but others palpably apocryphal, and that most of them, the good along with the bad, show unmistakable signs of having been tampered with.

What is sad about the whole story is this.. I work with some of the Europeans, who brought us this Religion. They (the so called European Elite) have a different attitude towards religion. Recently in Rome (The so called founding ground of modern Christianity), Religions Relic was banned in public schools.

Separation of State and Religion.
The same thing is applicable in the United States of America.

I believe the so called religions masters are taking advantage of the
poor helpless uneducated masses (draining them from their hard earned wages)

You told me to look around .. I did and do you know what I saw..?

Have a look at the attached picture.. Some of the people behind this machine (are not practicing Christians or Moslems )
But right now as you are reading this article you are enjoying the fruit of their labor

Please wake up and re-think.. . If all Nigerians spend the same amount of time we spend praying to an unforeseen god, and focus on how to improve our living condition.. Nigeria should be a better place to live.
As the saying goes …”God help those who help them self”

Before I leave you for today..
Just another piece George Carlin
“Trillions and trillions of prayers every day asking and begging and pleading for favors.
'Do this'
'Gimme that'
'I want a new car'
'I want a better job'.
And most of this praying takes place on Sunday.
And I say fine,
pray for anything you want.
Pray for anything.
But...what about the divine plan?
Remember that?
The divine plan.
Long time ago god made a divine plan.
Gave it a lot of thought.
Decided it was a good plan.
Put it into practice.
And for billion and billions of years the divine plan has been doing just fine.
Now you come along and pray for something.
Well, suppose the thing you want isn't in god's divine plan.
What do you want him to do?
Change his plan?
Just for you?
Doesn't it seem a little arrogant?
It's a divine plan.
What's the use of being god if every run-down schmuck with a two dollar prayer book can come along and f**k up your plan?
And here's something else, another problem you might have;
suppose your prayers aren't answered.
What do you say?
'Well it's god's will.
God's will be done.
' Fine, but if it gods will and he's going to do whatever he wants to anyway;
why the f**k bother praying in the first place?
Seems like a big waste of time to me.
Couldn't you just skip the praying part and get right to his will?

[George Carlin, from "You Are All Diseased".]”
Attachments:
Edwin,
please i don't really get what you are saying is that machine called God's or what ? edwin you are so funny if you believe there is a will and a God somewhere then how do you reach or communicate with the said god but above all you need a touch and i pray it come so soon and it will chat ch you on aware just wait but that machine is for what would like to know.
thanks
femi
Edwin,
please i don't really get what you are saying is that machine called God's or what ? edwin you are so funny if you believe there is a will and a God somewhere then how do you reach or communicate with the said god but above all you need a touch and i pray it come so soon and it will chat ch you on aware just wait but that machine is for what would like to know.
thanks
femi
hi Mr. Edwin,
Something about you that's very clear:
1. You believe that there is a God some where (if not you can hate and accuse one that doesnt exist)
2. according to you, this God is wicked, but He is anyway (your write ups and arguments support this)
3. you are angered by the ACTIONS of this God
4. because He is "wicked by His ACTIONS", you are not going to get summited to HIM

BUT JUST LISTEN TO THIS:
1. Whether one Mr. Edwin Aka and his Hero writer George Carlin believe it or not, this GOD IS STILL GOD.
2. He created, or if you like, He formed all in existence
3. as such you, as a function of His labour, have no power to "challenged" His ACTIONS
4. may be this is followup of 3 above, if you missed up some clay and formed 2 images, then all by yourself, you decided to destroy one. Please Mr. Edwin, what will you do to the 2nd object you left undestroyed if it starts challenging your actions - of destroying its mate?
In the first place, dont you have to right to do what you like with your hand work?
GOD being who He is already knew you and your category of rebellious class and He said "I will show mercy to whom I will I will show mercy"

Before I say bye,
No man, from the beginning of TIME, had ever believed IN HIS HEART that there is no GOD. This, Mr. Edwin, includes YOU! Why can't you be sincere to yourself and think the TRUTH (Think, not say, because I know for now you wouldnt say IT). All the scientists of now and old, all believed in HIM - including Charles Darwin. As a researcher that you are, re-read their works and study them well, you will see this...

YOU CAN NOT DO ANYTHING AGAINST THE TRUTH; BUT FOR THE TRUTH!

may you see the LIGHT one day while there is still TIME.
Hi Mr Agboola

You seems to be a curions type, this is good
Before one can be a scientist like me Skepticism is the first coner stone,
This means you need to have the capability to question everyting.

I used the word God here, so that your imagination can go wide :-)

The photo is a section of the LHC ( Large Hadron Collider) machine

The Large Hadron Collider
Our understanding of the Universe is about to change...
The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is a gigantic scientific instrument near Geneva,
where it spans the border between Switzerland and France about 100 m underground. ! 27 km in circumference!!!

It is a particle accelerator used by (our Noble) physicists to study the smallest known particles –
the fundamental building blocks of all things. It will revolutionise our understanding,
from the minuscule world deep within atoms to the vastness of the Universe.

Two beams of subatomic particles called 'hadrons' – either protons or lead ions –
will travel in opposite directions inside the circular accelerator, gaining energy with every lap.
Physicists will use the LHC to recreate the conditions just after the Big Bang, ,, yes you heard it right.. after the Big Bang..
by colliding the two beams head-on at very high energy.
Teams of physicists from around the world will analyse the particles
created in the collisions using special detectors in a number of experiments dedicated to the LHC.

There are many theories as to what will result from these collisions,
but what's for sure is that a brave new world of physics will emerge from the new accelerator,
as knowledge in particle physics goes on to describe the workings of the Universe. For decades,
the Standard Model of particle physics has served physicists well as a
means of understanding the fundamental laws of Nature, but it does not tell the whole story.
Only experimental data using the higher energies reached by the LHC can push knowledge forward,
challenging those who seek confirmation of established knowledge,
and those who dare to dream beyond the paradigm.

Note this machine is the next big thing.. our new God.
Just as the internet was the last big the withing the last decade..
This machine is the future of mankind.. :-)
Your Oil will soon be history :-)
Oluwafemi,

The 'Eyes of God' image that is mystifying you is what is called The Large Hadron Collider. You can read about it at http://lhc.web.cern.ch/lhc/.

Edwin is not 'funny' as you've concluded. He just happens to see the wider picture - a lot clearer than some!

And, I do wish you try not to double post each time.

agboola temitope oluwafemi said:
Edwin,
please i don't really get what you are saying is that machine called God's or what ? edwin you are so funny ......
femi
Mr Edwin Aka or whatever your name is please be mindful and carefull of what you write,say. Have you ever heard that there is an unpardonable sin? so be watchful okey
Not so long ago, 'God' used to live beyond the clouds. Then, a rocket pierced through and found nothing. Oops! Time to re-strategise.

At some other time, some holier than thou came along brandishing a set of selected books, commissioned by Constantine, the Sun worshipper, and proclaiming themselves appointed representatives of this 'God'. You know what? We are still waiting for the greatest panacea for all ills but it looks like I will have to die before any benefit accrues!

Somewhere, somehow, someone is scheming to propagate their nefarious plots under the cloak of religion; we are hoodwinked into praising the lord when our pastor declares defenceless children and infirmed, helpless elderly people witches and wizards, and trampling on their fundamental human rights.

Religion hangs out the carrot of liberation, yet it insidiously channels its adherents towards an insular view of the world. It is, therefore, not a surprise that 'believers' cannot tolerate a different opinion. Now, where is that democracy.....

Debate about religion has always been there. The fact that there are numerous denominations goes to show the extent of confusion and disagreements about this, attractive, route to 'salvation'. Perhaps, my house of worship is the real thing?

Still in a trance? We must rise above conjecture and emancipate ourselves from this debilitating diversion called religion. Truth today is empirical. It is not a fanciful theory of heaven and hell.
I was born as a Muslim, My father an Imam, I am also the son of an Alhaja......am still a practicing muslim. We have read the quran inside out and that is as far as it goes. It is a book of information about historical events of all the prophets, the h*** books and their people, a look into the present through the sharia and the future of legacies and reflections of paradise.
Islamic knowledge revealed in-depth need for education, half baked education is what is causing all these fraternities, sects and division of opinions. People who study comparative religion will attest to this. I am a Geographer, I can tell you of my conciousness of the environment, I react to events and its implications on my surroundings, I talk based on facts atleats what I can see and think to defend.
The people that are spoiling this world are those drop outs with half baked education. I mean Mallams, Marabouts, Pastors, Olusho Aguntans and so on. Let me tell you, we all have powers if only you accept to train and discipline your soul. I can use geometry, matrix and determinants, simultaneous equations, factorization and set theory to solve peoples problems. Sometimes when I do it, It makes people involved look so stupid because I always know what next their action will be by factorizing them.
I am not saying you should stop being Muslims or Christians, what am saying is USE your heads and stop perpetuating personal and ungodly causes. Foe once, try to do good without getting any thing in return, I know we don't love ourselves as humans, but try to love animals like pets and be friendly to the environment, it will help to cure our sadistic feelings and unholy behaviors.... only then will we be ready to see the good in our fellow humans.
I hereby declare for salvation and peace to reign in our lives, we must do the following as a matter of urgency:

1. Get a flower pot today and plant a flower, wet it and watch it grow.. it will help your thoughts;
2. Get a pet, be it a cat, a rat ,a rabbit, fish or anything living and see hoe they depend on you to feed, their health needs and upkeep....this will help you to feel the pain of a hungry human who needs food, shelter, health and so on...
3. Go camping, and do recreation at the beach, visit historical sights, like museums, war zones, forest reserved areas and ask your tourist agency where things of interest are.... it will cure you of rumor mongering, aimlessness, crime, and self inflicted pain, love sickness,boredom and above all increase your IQ and your sense of reasoning;
4. Before you start giving alms to beggers, think about your actions, don't just give for the sake of God or believe that you are asking for something from God, think about what made you to want to give the alms, is it pity, or self contiousness or hatred for him ... think , think, and use your head.. this will teach you to be grateful to God and use your God given gift effectively and stop you from doing bad deeds.
5. Train yourself as experts in any 1st aid options, swimming, bicycling, running, driving,and medical resuscitation will add to your level of responsibility and usefulness;
6 Attend social and public events.. learn from associations with people, their culture , their views and so on... this will teach you to respect other peoples opinion and to be tolerant....
I will stop here,there are a whole lots more... but do this and then have a second look at the holy books, then you will know where you are and what to believe. Pls, use your head and think....Muslim belief, Christian belief... stop hating on each other and forge a common platform where you will see the good in each other.....criminals should stop posting incisive comments that will cause chaos in the society . We are a blessed nation and most of our people are indeed good people.

tede said:
Not so long ago, 'God' used to live beyond the clouds. Then, a rocket pierced through and found nothing. Oops! Time to re-strategise.

At some other time, some holier than thou came along brandishing a set of selected books, commissioned by Constantine, the Sun worshipper, and proclaiming themselves appointed representatives of this 'God'. You know what? We are still waiting for the greatest panacea for all ills but it looks like I will have to die before any benefit accrues!

Somewhere, somehow, someone is scheming to propagate their nefarious plots under the cloak of religion; we are hoodwinked into praising the lord when our pastor declares defenceless children and infirmed, helpless elderly people witches and wizards, and trampling on their fundamental human rights.

Religion hangs out the carrot of liberation, yet it insidiously channels its adherents towards an insular view of the world. It is, therefore, not a surprise that 'believers' cannot tolerate a different opinion. Now, where is that democracy.....

Debate about religion has always been there. The fact that there are numerous denominations goes to show the extent of confusion and disagreements about this, attractive, route to 'salvation'. Perhaps, my house of worship is the real thing?

Still in a trance? We must rise above conjecture and emancipate ourselves from this debilitating diversion called religion. Truth today is empirical. It is not a fanciful theory of heaven and hell.
Nice post ° ° ° ° °
Nice post ° ° ° ° °
Nice post ° ° ° ° °

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2021   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service