Fiefdom is a symptomatic expression of feudalism in a civil society, -a person forcefully and crudely control public enterprise or estate. wen political violence became d 'hallmark' of Anambra State, seasoned Author and word-smith, Prof. Chinue Achebe described his home state as a fiefdom, he premised it as a reason for rejecting d Nation's no. 3 Award from Obasanjo. is Oyo state a fiefdom?

Views: 237

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hon. Aiyamenkhue, you stated, and I quote, "is Oyo State a fiefdom? Well, allow me to ask the following question, is Nigeria a fiefdom? Practically, the whole nation is at the mercy of a few dubious, corrupt and very slippery individuals that shouldn't be allowed to hold public office in the first place. For as long as anyone can remember, Nigeria has been a fiefdom of crooked and dictatorial military and civilian "lords of the fief," otherwise known as presidents. Those that are currently campaigning for a spot on the ballot, come 2011, are no different from their predecessors; they are all birds of the same feather, and the same is true with the state Governors. You are a special assistant to, perhaps, one of the very few good ones, however, the rest of them, especially, those from states like Imo, Abia, Rivers, Bayelsa, Oyo, etc., are rotten to the core. The situation may not be salvageable, unless drastic measures are taken to correct their many misdeeds, starting, first, with their arrest and prosecution. This is the only way forward. Thank you!
i will simply say prof. Nmezi voiced out my tot.
but another question is, how much is the society as a whole contributing in all these?
Dearest Prof., i agree that d situation is almost hopeless, yet, we can put heads together and see how to SAVAGE WHAT IS LEFT. Please join, Nigeria Political Conference Group, it is on facebook. Lets see what d planned confab for November will be like, we have to start from SOMEWHERE. Cheers sir.

Professor Chima M. Nmezi said:
Hon. Aiyamenkhue, you stated, and I quote, "is Oyo State a fiefdom? Well, allow me to ask the following question, is Nigeria a fiefdom? Practically, the whole nation is at the mercy of a few dubious, corrupt and very slippery individuals that shouldn't be allowed to hold public office in the first place. For as long as anyone can remember, Nigeria has been a fiefdom of crooked and dictatorial military and civilian "lords of the fief," otherwise known as presidents. Those that are currently campaigning for a spot on the ballot, come 2011, are no different from their predecessors; they are all birds of the same feather, and the same is true with the state Governors. You are a special assistant to, perhaps, one of the very few good ones, however, the rest of them, especially, those from states like Imo, Abia, Rivers, Bayelsa, Oyo, etc., are rotten to the core. The situation may not be salvageable, unless drastic measures are taken to correct their many misdeeds, starting, first, with their arrest and prosecution. This is the only way forward. Thank you!
Thank you, Hon. Aiyamenkhue! I'll look into joining the group, with a view to participating in its deliberations.

Hon. Aiyamenkhue Edokpolo said:
Dearest Prof., i agree that d situation is almost hopeless, yet, we can put heads together and see how to SAVAGE WHAT IS LEFT. Please join, Nigeria Political Conference Group, it is on facebook. Lets see what d planned confab for November will be like, we have to start from SOMEWHERE. Cheers sir.

Professor Chima M. Nmezi said:

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2021   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service