A rogue society in the most religious nation in Africa.

We Nigerians are so religious, we are so passionate about our faith dat we can go all out to defend it.
churches and mosque everywhere around the country.
in everything we do we call God first, we even want to show/impress our business associates, colleagues, partners you name it that we are God fearing therefore can be trusted.

politicians invoke the name of God and religious sentiments in there bid to to be supported in their quest to be elected to different offices where they loot the treasury. Christians have conferences, night vigils, competing on air time on daily basis, the moslems on there own pray about four times everyday judiciously, then every friday all the mosque grounds are filled wit worshippers.
i don't understand wot goes in the minds of people wen they are there, are we truly believers?

wot am i trying to say?
with all these religious activities, you'll say the most religious nation Africa yet, wot kind of society do we have?
-Rogue politicians
-fraudsters(419)
-sycophants
-kidnappers
-looters
-Rogue bankers
-Rogue pastors
-Rogue Imams
-Rogue business men/women
-Rogue civil servants
-Rogue Police
-Rogue contractors
the list is endless in the most religious nation of Africa.
the more religious we become the more criminal the society becomes and the funny thing is we are even aware of it.
What is really going on.
in a nation like ours, we can't find an honest man recognised as such by all and sundry to come out wit confident to want to lead our nation?

absolutely tragic and shameful.

Views: 328

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Obi, that Nigeria is a sick country that is in urgent need of a "physician" of sorts, to prescribe a remedy. And yes, Nigerians are, also, a very "religious" people; some might even suggest that Nigeria is the most religious country in the world. The question then is, why, with all this "religion," does Nigeria appear to be the most corrupt and crime-infested nation on Earth? Why is the name Nigeria connected all over the world with the 419 scam? Why is the definition in the latest encyclopaediae and lexika for the term, "nigerian," a dubious person, most probably, a fake millionaire? And, to "nigerianize" something is to "fake it?" Why is the name "Nigerian" synonymous with corruption? I will tell you why!

Religion, as they say, is the opium of the masses. It is to religion that the suffering masses will turn to for comfort. Their reasoning appears to be, and I quote, "if I am suffering in this world, God will make it up to me in the after-life." And, it is the same argument that is used by their oppressors, which is the reason why the latter will encourage the erection of bigger churches, mosques and places of worship, to sedate more and more of the poor and hungry folks, in order to maintain the status quo. It may also be worth mentioning that religion is also a business and any hungry person can rent a single room, hang up a sign and ask people to come and "worship" God. This is, of course, followed with a big collection plate, asking attendees to donate to "God's work."

And yes, it is safe to say that over 90 percent of Nigerian pastors, bishops, reverends, mullahs, imams, babalawos, etc., are as corrupt as the rest of the population. This is the reason why, despite the many churches and mosques in every street corner and village in Nigeria, and the millions of people that "worship" in them, Nigeria is still a very corrupt nation. When the leadership is corrupt, logic dictates that the followers will also be corrupt, should they wish to survive and thrive. Is it a surprise that some of us came home, tried to be ethical in the way we conducted ourselves, both at work and in our dealings with the public, but couldn't make a headway. We had to leave Nigeria to avoid being tainted by the evil that lurks there. In fact, God no longer resides in Nigeria! Nigerians threatened God and He ran away, leaving everything behind for the devil and his minions. Some might think this is a joke, but, believe me when I state that the foregoing statement is made in all seriousness.
When Elijah felt that he was the only prophet left in Israel and desired to die, God told him he has over 700 prophets who had not bowed to baal. My friend, Nigeria is corrupt but yet there are genuine worshippers, I mean true believers in God/Allah, whose faith cannot be compromised not matter what. So it is wrong to insinuate that all Nigerians are corrupt.
Charles Ugochukwu Okere said:
When Elijah felt that he was the only prophet left in Israel and desired to die, God told him he has over 700 prophets who had not bowed to baal. My friend, Nigeria is corrupt but yet there are genuine worshippers, I mean true believers in God/Allah, whose faith cannot be compromised not matter what. So it is wrong to insinuate that all Nigerians are corrupt.

@Charlse.... look around you and tell me in all honesty wot u see.
the way u proclaim urself as a true believer is the way millions of others also proclaim themselves, yet wot do we see, wot do we hear, wot do we experience everyday?
don't kid urself!
you think u r more a believer than all these political leaders who steal the nation blind?
you think u r more a believer than these pastors and imams who dine and wine wit all these people and give them front seat in their churches?

Believers indeed, yet see the state of nigerian nation, fraud infested.
I am not saying there is no corruption in the country. In fact corruption adorns all the streets and offices in Nigeria. Yet we can still get Nigerians that are not corrupt. They are few and far between though. But I cannot accept that all Nigerians are corrupt.

obi amaefule said:
Charles Ugochukwu Okere said:

@Charlse.... look around you and tell me in all honesty wot u see.
the way u proclaim urself as a true believer is the way millions of others also proclaim themselves, yet wot do we see, wot do we hear, wot do we experience everyday?
don't kid urself!
you think u r more a believer than all these political leaders who steal the nation blind?
you think u r more a believer than these pastors and imams who dine and wine wit all these people and give them front seat in their churches?

Believers indeed, yet see the state of nigerian nation, fraud infested.
the biggest problem in Nigeria is lack of role model.most men of God are moraly bankrupt.many of them supported Obj's failed 3rd term bid.many talk about God without doing anything
Dear Obi, thank you for your perfect observation of our society, but you see the faulty is not in our blood but in ourselves. Majority of our so call religious people in Nigeria do not believe in God, they have no clue what God is all about, they are just doing the religious ritual to make money and to take advantage of their poor followers.
My advice to my beloved country Nigeria and her people is that, since Nigeria system of government is not a religious base anyway so after this coming election who ever proclaim to be the winner should be sworn in with SANGO (THE GOD OF TURNDER) or with OGUN (THE GOD OF IRON) PUT THEIR HANDS ON A PEIACE OF IRON TO SWEAR because these are such of things they believe in despite that they all go to church and go to mosque after this they will take their responsibility seriously when they know what the repercussions of their act will be. We should not be deceive by their religious rhetoric. Majority of our so call religious people are pretenders, let call their bluff you will be surprise how the Nigeria affair will be run after they were Swear in with these objects they will do the right thing in their respectful offices. Let use African solution to solve our African problem any one who doesn’t like the idea should stay away from Nigeria affairs at least for now. PLEASE IF ANY ONE HAVE A BETTER IDEA PLEASE LET ME KNOW BECAUSE I AM TIRED OF THESE MESS TOO
Hello peeps,
Your contributions towards this topic (I mean Mr Obi amaefule) indicate that you are a realist. Hypocrisy is the order of the day in Nigerian. All we need in leaders is to be a realist!
May God guide us aright.
Ideal Realist

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2021   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service