Are you tired of writing UTME several times, Are you considering securing university admission without JAMB? If you answered yes to the questions then kindly ensure you read through this article carefully for better understanding. If you don't understand any part of the article, don't hesitate to contact me using the contact detail at the end of the article or by leaving a comment.
It is no news again that every year millions of students purchase JAMB form and write the examination, thereafter proceed to write a POST-UTME examination before securing tertiary education admission. Hence, passing JAMB and/or POST UTME doesn't guarantee this admission as securing admission into tertiary institution nowadays as become a menace faced by almost all Nigerian youths especially for those trying to enrol using UTME as the mode of Entry.
These menaces leave numberless Nigerian youths at home, thereby delaying their pursuant desire for tertiary education. In this article, I will be discussing about other ways you can secure admission into Nigeria tertiary institutions without jamb. Now let get started!
1. THROUGH IJMB: meaning Interim Joint Matriculation Board, It is a PROVEN, APPROVED & CERTIFIED Advanced level programme owned & moderated by Ahmadu Bello University and having coordinating body in various tertiary institutions and different Study Centres Nationwide. The programme runs for a period of one academic session(9-12month) divided in two(2) semesters. It is specifically designed to provide an opportunity for candidates who cannot gain admission to regular degree programmes in Nigerian Universities for one reason or the other, as it requires no JAMB nor post UTME, Also awaiting result candidate can Enrol.
The programme is open to all interested candidates nationwide and any course can be offered be it Science, Art or Social Science. Candidates are to be lectured for the stipulated period at their respective Study Centre and thereafter sit for the final examination. On successful completion of the programme, successful candidates thereafter utilize their IJMB certificate to secure admission into 200level in any Nigeria tertiary institution by means of Direct Entry. Hence, IJMB is recognised and accepted in more than 80% of Nigeria Universities.
For detailed information read IJMB Admission Nigeria - The Gateway to your preferred University w... or call 08033378804 Thus, the 2016/17 academic session registration has commenced and closes soon, goto http://upp.abutechacademy.com/ijmb.aspx to register to centres in North central Nigeria
2. THROUGH JUPEB: It is of the acronym Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board, It is a new Advanced Level examination body recently established and coordinated by the University of Lagos. To avoid repetition, basically the programme description, operation and specification is similar to that of Interim Joint matriculation Board (IJMB) coordinated by Ahmadu Bello University stated above.
JUPEB is, as at now, recognized by major Federal, state and private universities in Southern Nigeria. Hence, the programme can be applied for in any of the universities that presently recognized it.
3. THROUGH DIPLOMA/PRE-DEGREE PROGRAMMES: Mostly all Nigeria tertiary institution offers a diploma and/or pre-degree programme or something similar. Diploma is a programme that runs for a period of 1/2/3 years depending on the preferred school and course, in which upon successful completion allows candidates to secure admission into 200level via Direct Entry mode into same university. On the other hand, Pre-degree is a programme which runs for a period of an academic session(7-12month) divided in two(2) semesters depending on the school, in which upon successful completion allows candidates to secure admission into 100level in same university.
In addition to my findings about Pre-degree programmes, On completion of the programme some schools require candidates to meet up to Jamb university cutoff before 100level admission can be secured, while some only requires candidates to write jamb only. The underlisted among others are some university that do not require candidates to meet up to Jamb university cutoff before 100level admission can be secured;
Hence candidates are expected to visit their respective preferred university websites for more information.
4. THROUGH ANY OTHER LEGITIMATE A'LEVEL EXAMINATION: There are numerous legitimate educational institutes and consult across the country in affiliation with international bodies that operates A'level programmes and examination such as Cambridge A’level, GSAT, TOEFL, GMAT and many more, in which upon successful completion can be used to apply for admission into 200level in any tertiary institution via Direct Entry. Moreso, these other A'level certificates is accepted in all Nigeria Universities and can as well be used abroad.
5. THROUGH SCHOOLS OUTSIDE NIGERIA: All schools outside the country does not require candidates writing JAMB and/or post UTME, All its requires is candidates O’level result (WAEC or WAEC-GCE result) in which candidates must at least have a minimum of 4 credit in one sitting and 5 credit two sittings. In-line with my findings, going for this option largely depends on candidate’s financial capability, for example studying within West Africa (e.g Ghana) is much cheaper than studying outside the continent. So the decision is yours!
5. THROUGH SOME PROFESSIONAL/INTERNAL COURSES OFFERED IN OUR TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS: In my finding, i found out that The Polytechnic Ibadan offers a course called LOGISTIC AND TRANSPORT MANAGEMENT, these course is not included in the school curricular courses but done within the school and offers a National Diploma(ND) upon the completion of two years.
So many of these professional/internal courses are offered in our tertiary institution which candidates don't know about and doesn't requires candidates writing jamb or post jamb. Thus, Call and ask your friend, relatives in any tertiary institution and inquiry about courses done in his/her school that doesn't require jamb or post jamb.
Written by: ABUTECH ACADEMY