Nigeria Security Forces Kills Unarmed Civilians

Nigeria Security Forces Kills Unarmed MuslimsReports of extrajudicial killings by Nigerian security forces circulated widely in the aftermath of clashes last...

Views: 13800

Comment

You need to be a member of Vanguard Online Community to add comments!

Join Vanguard Online Community

Comment by GOC Harrison on February 13, 2010 at 6:44pm
In as much we are fed up of unabated religious violence in the North, OMG, nothing whatsoever justifies the evil and barbarism on this video. This is Stone Age reinvented thanks to the Nigeria thugs called police. Even at war nobody dispel justice like that, I am ashamed at this moment to be a Nigerian. Shame on those hiding under the skin of Christianity to condole an act of such......."Two wrongs cannot make right".
Comment by ken Idiongsons on February 13, 2010 at 4:09pm
You know they believe in holly war; fighting the heavilly armed men and thus they expect to make it 2 heaven
Comment by Usman Mohammed on February 13, 2010 at 11:25am
@osundu, I believed u are just a frustrated unemployed animal trying to take part in an interlectuals human discussion. The likes of you have no space in my mind, as all your contributions lacks human understanding/ meaning. Henceforth, anything that have to do with you would have no contribution from me.
Comment by Le Stylo on February 13, 2010 at 11:10am
There are only two divisions of people in the world - The GOOD people and the BAD people. You don't belong to a section because of your tribe, ethnic, religion, level of education or tradition, rather you become by WHAT YOU MAKE OF YOURSELF.
Maybe understanding this would add some level of sensibility and objectiveness in our contributions. Maybe!

More importantly, how do we create a strong forum to pass this message to the authorities for appropriate redress in the excesses of the men of the forces?
Comment by Abubakar Usman Yahaya on February 13, 2010 at 10:54am
@frank what is ur problem please? the other post was on religion maters and everybody both muslims and responsible Christians contributed meaningfully with no abuse or insult to any one bt in ur own case was not like that u rained abuses,insults on yoruba muslims calling them names then u finished it up by calling the prophet of islams with names n lot of insults. now somebody posted a video to express his feelings on hw police killed unarmed Nigerians and all u do was bring religion,north,hausa,title,boko haram, and so on....let me ask u, what r u feeling like? an intelligent person? and u cant argue things logically? or confused and frustrated? please calm down and contribute meaningfully cool ur temper every one is proud of his or her tribe,religion,section...so on bt we may convince somebody to actually do away what he is doing and follow us only if we kw how to talk please just kw that making insults and abuses can only brings more complications nt solutions. if in any case in my statement i wrg u please 4give me may ALLAH 4give all of us.amin!!
Comment by Usman Mohammed on February 13, 2010 at 9:55am
@osundu. NO comments,we have seen where you are coming from. God will take care of you and your evil intentions.
Comment by Isaac yelkopba on February 13, 2010 at 8:51am
We must disagree to agree!
Comment by Ebele Chiemeke on February 13, 2010 at 3:38am
there is certainly failure of governance, but what about our overall attitude as yorubas, igbos, ijaws, nupes, hausas, fulanis, christians, moslems, animists? eh. and which set of people are not in conflict, tell me.
Comment by Ebele Chiemeke on February 13, 2010 at 3:36am
muyiwa and frank: stop the bickering. the fact is that innocent people are massacred daily by janjaweed nigeria military and police; in the niger delta, ogoniland, onitsha, jos. let's not forget the shameful beating up of a poor woman by arogundade's men nor the shooting dead of a motorcyclist by another naval personnel in ikeja a few years ago. let's ask ourselves a question or questions: WHAT ARE THE ISSUES IN NIGERIA, AND WHO ARE AT FAULT. certainly flashing muslims being killed by (muslim) soldiers in just one side of the coin. it is just a vicious cycle of violent orgy. i think these injustices are part of the larger problem which we all need to identify. being a christian i still cried by such brazen display of disregard for life. i would never wish it on anyone. people are not necessarily bad because of their religion nor ethnicity. you find criminal security personnel from every nook and cranny of the country. i wish to remind frank of the orgy ofviolence, rape, killings perpetrated in our universities. the culprits are not from the moslem community nor from the north. they are christians from the south. so what is the difference between being killed in kano or raped in maiduguri, and being killed in uniben or raped in unical?
Comment by Shams O'Muyiwa on February 12, 2010 at 9:49pm
Frank: I don;t waste my time on the t=internet haggling and arguing. You made comments that is liable to be misunderstood, don't blame those who misunderstand you. Perhaps, if you were not SHOUTING and communicating in anger you would have better control of your diction. Be calm and collected, communicate sensibly and sensitively.

I used the clip from You Tube and it was titled as I originally posted it. When someone said it should be titled differently, I agreed and found ways of changing it and changed it, what is the evil intent there?

Stop this antagonism, the clip is not against you or your religion, but against the Nigerian Police, so what is your palaver? I'm not going to respond to your message any more as it is appearing to be a waste of time because you are not listening or reading my liner properly, you are blinded by your anger and I really wish you will be calm and read all the post very well -no one has accused Christians or Southerners of anything. Everyone is repulsed by the barbarism of this clip which you have sought to defend and upheld. That is the main point I disagree with you and I have begged you to disagree agreeably, not shout and curse and be unnecessarily sentimental. In real life, I avoid myopic and violent people like a plague, so do not feel bad if I give you the silent treatment henceforth, we really don't belong to the same level intellectually. Sorry.

By the way, if (and as it appear so), I have misunderstood your statement about threatening me, I do apologise and take that back.

If you truly follow Jesus (a Man of peace), then I will expect you to hold your peace and avoid abusive language, anger and hot temper. Shalom/Peace!

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service