Nigeria Security Forces Kills Unarmed Civilians

Nigeria Security Forces Kills Unarmed MuslimsReports of extrajudicial killings by Nigerian security forces circulated widely in the aftermath of clashes last...

Views: 13800

Comment

You need to be a member of Vanguard Online Community to add comments!

Join Vanguard Online Community

Comment by Abubakar Usman Yahaya on February 14, 2010 at 2:46pm
@frank please can u tell me who are these civilians in this clip? what ever answer u ve u may not b right, simply bcos u were not there equally i was not there they may b ur own brothers(Christians) may not even boko haram bcos it is clear to every one here that these pple were already captured and some were even on crouches what was expected frm the police was to take them to court not to execute them since they did nt resist arrest as u can see it.mr frank are u telling me u can not make a good leader that can lead pple of diff religions? Nigerian crisis is more political than religious and when ever its happen only ended on the poor citizens both Muslims and the Christians while the elites go back and dance & wine togethr, so many muslims died as well as christians in this regard.now do we continue like this? can Christanise the whole Nigeria or islmatise the whole nigeria? the answer is no! then what d u do? keep killing our-self? when muttalab was arrested where is he?shot by Americans?taking to court? then why killing these guys b4 taking them to court? who northerners in Nigeria? only Muslims? why d u always try to portrayed all Muslims as killers? have u been to other part of the north exampel: Adamawa,Gombe,Taraba, and many others where muslims and christians are leaving together without crisis.do you think there are no christians in sokoto,kebbi,katsina and kano? therefore must of those crisis u talk about the always started as political and ended of as religious simply bcause pple behind it achieve beter result when ever is call relious crisis. how many commissioners,ambassadors,ex generals,ex police snr officers,emirs,chiefs,directors,or local gov chairmen be it a Muslim or christian or any of their children killed in this kind of confusion? the answer is Non!. i ve been USA for sometime now but if you kill DOGS the way these pple were shot I swear to my GOD you ll surely go to jail. so please let us forget about our diff and build our grate nation NIGERIA!!!!!!
Comment by Abubakar Usman Yahaya on February 14, 2010 at 9:24am
@Bashis it is understandable if police shot pple during crisis while they refuse to surrender. but what are the provisions of the law for the captured civilians during civil unrest regardless of what are they or the group they blong to? to kill them ? take them to court? by the way those questions u asked how are they related to the point here? the point is POLICE KILLED UNARMED CIVILIANS pls underlined UNARMED,CAPTURED.when saddam hussain of iraqi was captured what happen? what is on that clip is not acceptable to happen to any body even a crimal must b taken to court bfore execution!!!!
Comment by BASHIR M UBA on February 14, 2010 at 9:11am
What is Boko haram?
Who are members of the sect?
How can you differentiate them at the time of incidents?
Who provoke them?
Do they attack anybody?
One thing Nigerian don't understand, people create commotion in order to satisfy self interest.
Comment by Abubakar Usman Yahaya on February 14, 2010 at 9:06am
@bashir the issue is not boko haram but is glaring that unarmed civilians were shots by nigerian police,without taking to court after been captured what ever they might b is that wright? what is the fed gov doing abt it?.............
Comment by BASHIR M UBA on February 14, 2010 at 9:01am
please, could any one define 'BOKO HARAM FOR ME' what was their intention?
Comment by Abubakar Usman Yahaya on February 14, 2010 at 9:01am
gentlemen this can be dealt ,if u raise up and take action enough is enough. if today are these pple 2morrow may b u,me or our parents and brothers somewhere in Nigeria, i strongly agree with MARTIN suggestion.for those of you leaving in Nigeria now, please you can write to senate and attach this clip n follow thru these idiots in black uniforms must b brought to book.Nigeria is the only country we ve let us try and tolerate each other and stay in peace!!!!what happened is highly unacceptable any where in the world b it Muslims,christian or even peg ans you can not do this to even animals here in USA and sleep well in ur house!!!!
Comment by AMBROSE on February 14, 2010 at 8:47am
IT IS A SCARING SCENE TO WATCH.I HAVE NOTICE THAT MOST NIGERIANS, PREFER THE HARD WAY,TO BE QUELL OF THIER VIOLENCE.I ATTENDED A NORTHERN UNIVERSITY,AND SPEND MOST OF MY YOUNGER YEARS IN THE NORTH.MET SOME GREAT MOSLEMS WHO ARE MY FRIENDS.AS A CHRISTAIN,WE HAD A STRONG BOND THAT WILL LAST TILL ENTERNITY.BUT STILL WONDER WHY,THIER ARE OTHERS, BOTH CHRISTAINS AND MOSLEMS,WHO CAN NOT UNDERSTAND AS WELL AS ACCOMMODATE EACH OTHER.IT IS A SAD OMEN.I AM NOT ENCOURAGING EXTRAL JUDICIAL KILLING,BUT IT SEEMS TO WORK ON NIGERIAN CASES.FEW YEARS AGO,DURING THE KANO CRISIS,AND ZONGO KATAF,DESPITE ATTEMPTS,TO STOP THE CRISIS,BY SOME PEACE LOVING CHRISTAINS AND MOSLEMS,THE FIGHT STILL CONTINUE.BUT WHEN THE ARMY AND THE POLICE,START SHOOTING AT SIGHT,ALL WERE CALM. THE BIG QUESTION IS ALONG,WILL THIS CONTINUE IS A BIG AND POPULAR COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA? AFTER THE CRISIS,THEY WILL BE CLAIMS AND COUNTER CLAIMS.AND STILL THE HATRED DEEPEN.IF THE GOVT DOES NOT ENACT A LAW TO PROHIBIT,ANY CRISIS,SUCH THAT MASTERMINDER SHOULD BE PERSECUTED WITHOUT FAVOUR.BUT THIER IS NO LAW LIKE THAT.OF ALL THESE CRISIS,OVER THE YEARS,HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SENT TO JAIL FOR MASTERMINDING IT? GUESS MAYBE SOME BIG NAMES ARE INVOLVE? OUR GOVERNMENT NEED TO DO MORE TO PROTECT IT CITIZENS.I LOVE NAIJA,AND I MISS IT DEARLY.NO PLACE LIKE HOME.BUT WILL LOVE T GO HOME AND MEET PEACE NOT CRISIS. LONG LIVE! NIGERIA!
Comment by Martin Ogboogu on February 14, 2010 at 8:10am
Anyone Who support extra judiciary killing should have his or herself checked out. Nigeria must cease from being a banana republic with a kangaro judiciary system and a monkey de work baboon dey chop security force.
I use these medium to ask Acting president Goodluck jonathan to look into the speedy reform of the police and the judiciary, ensuring that a law is enacted to enable them deal with simple issues like public unrest, without the loss of innocent lives.
By the way have this case been reported to the independent police practice commision. I understand that the case was raised at the house of rep by Dino maleye [HON].
I would request we start an online protest by signing in to protest on Vanguard online or Progresive union group on facebook.[group ment for only progressive thinking Nigerians]
Martin Ogboogu. B.sc, MBA.
Comment by ISHAQ ABDULLAH on February 14, 2010 at 12:11am
I believe the essence of Vanguard commentary page is to allow people make meaningful contribution on national issue and not insulting one another. My humble submission to VANGUARD Newspaper Management is to vet all comments before publication. HABA! We are terrorizing one another on paper and we are blaming US for listing our country among the terrorist countries. Be you a Christian or Muslim the video of extrajudicial killing is bad, the killing of innocent souls and dumping them inside wells is equally bad. The perpetrator of these heinous crimes may escape judgment in this world but certainly not in the hereafter. Please let us be sensible in our thoughts and suggest the best way(s) of solving ethno-religious crisis in the North. We should be concern about it because when it happens all the 36 states are affected directly or indirectly. Essentially, act of vengeance by both the Christians and Muslims is bad. It negates the teaching of Jesus Christ when he said vengeance is for God. In the same vein, the Holy Prophet Mohammed (SAW) illustrated same principle when he told his followers during an incident when a man slapped another person who in turn revenged harder. The Prophet said the person who revenged committed sin. The wisdom in this illustration is that vengeance leads to greater sin.
Comment by GOC Harrison on February 13, 2010 at 6:58pm
I feel very very angry watching this video over and over again. This animals should be brought to book. Wait a minute, how come the Government nor the police authorities could not make a any public statemant on this matter? A shame really.

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service