The Ghaddafi you don't Know
The media has successfully painted Gaddafi as a hard-core dictator,
tyrant whatever you want to call him. However, the media as usual has
also failed to show the kind, giving Gaddafi we never heard of.
Gaddafi unlike most dictators I will refrain from naming them has
managed to show his human side, the very side we dream of seeing in
other dictators who just talk and talk.
I consider Libyans lucky to a certain extent and one wonders with the
new democratic rule they cry for will it improve or worsen life for
them. Yes, Gaddafi has spent millions of Libya`s money on personal
ventures but is the average Libyan poor? We know others who take a
country and destroy it until you feel like there is no hope of
restoring this country… looting some prefer to call it. Did Gaddafi
loot Libya in any way?
Now let us get to the unknown facts about the Libyan dictator Muammar
1. There is *no electricity bill* in Libya; electricity is free for
all its citizens.
2. There is *no interest on loans*, banks in Libya are state-owned and
loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.
3. *Home* considered a human right in Libya – Gaddafi vowed that his
parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home.
Gaddafi’s father has died while him, his wife and his mother are still
living in a tent.
4. All newlyweds in Libya receive *$60,000 Dinar* (US$50,000) by the
government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the
5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi
only 25% of Libyans are literate. Today the figure is 83%.
6. Should Libyans want to take up *farming* career, they would receive
farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to
kick-start their farms – all for free.
7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they
need in Libya, the government funds them to *go abroad* for it – not
only free but they get US$2,300/mth accommodation and car allowance.
8. In Libyan, if a Libyan buys a *car*, the government subsidized 50%
of the price.
9. The price of *petrol* in Libya is $0.14 per liter.
10. Libya has *no external debt* and its reserves amount to $150
billion – now frozen globally.
11. If a Libyan is unable to get *employment* after graduation the
state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she
is employed until employment is found.
12. A portion of Libyan *oil sale* is, credited directly to the bank
accounts of all Libyan citizens.
13. A mother who *gave birth* to a child receive US$5,000
14. 40 loaves of *bread* in Libya costs $ 0.15
15. 25% of Libyans have a *university degree*
16. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest *irrigation* project,
known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily
available throughout the desert country.
Which other dictator has done much good to his people besides.