Katie Wright found out the hard way to just leave her pimples alone and is sharing her story in hopes that others won’t suffer the same fate that she did.
According to Wright,she noticed what she thought to be a giant pimple near her eyebrow and decided to pop. A decision she still regrets.. .
She wrote about the harrowing tale in a note posted to Twitter:
A week ago I decided to pick at what I thought was a giant under the skin pimple because it had been hurting for a while and got too painful to ignore.
Within an hour my entire face swelled up and HURT. It felt like something was going to burst out of my skin.
I went to the emergency room and they said it was a very serious case of Cellulitis, which is a version of a Staph infection, but instead of having a head like Staph, it effects the deeper cellular tissues with no main source to attack.
Since it was on my face, there was a huge risk of it spreading to my brain or my eyes causing me to go blind.
Thankfully it is finally healing and my face is going back to normal. BUT I want to share this because this most likely happened from bacteria getting on my eyebrow pencil brush.
I’m super strict on washing my face/beauty blender/brushes, but I never ever thought to disinfect my eyebrow spooly.
If you wear makeup PLEASE make that a step in your cleaning routine!!!! It’s a small thing to do to avoid a painful, expensive, and traumatizing infection on your face.
These photos are taken 48 hours apart, just so you can see how quickly and dramatically it disfigured my face.