Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has denied reports that they have concluded arrangement to meet with Republic of Ireland manager,
Giovanni Trapattoni, Guus Hiddink as well as the other coaches in
London Thursday next week.
Chairman of the NFF technical committee, Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi, said there was no iota of truth in the report just as he informed that all
the candidates jostling for Shaibu Amodu’s job had been instructed to
hit Abuja for interview.
“We never agreed to hold interview with any of the shortlisted coaches in London, and we have no plans to do that. The interview will
still hold in Abuja as scheduled on February 26 and all the coaches on
our wish list have been notified about the arrangement. Invitation
letters have already been dispatched to them,” Chief Ogunjobi explained
He said the NFF would no more discuss the issue of foreign coach inside
the pages of newspapers until the deal has been finally sealed.
“The issue of foreign coach has generated so much heat in the press that even the employers of the coaches are not happy about it. We don’t
want to jeopardise the coaches and NFF interest, so we have decided to
hold every discussion in utmost secrecy until we conclude discussions
with them. Everybody should exercise patience. When we are ready, we
will announce the name of the new coach.
Coaches are not employed in the pages of newspapers. Henceforth, we don’t want to talk about it any more,” the former 3SC and Julius Berger General Manager said in a tone of finality.