We are looking for IT Assistant to provide IT support to our Operations.
- Set-up, configure and deploy hardware and software as per IT Manager’s request.
- Handle users’ requests to install/move/add/change of PC hardware and software
- To install and update PC’S and Laptops Anti Viruses.
- Help in setting up presentations and telephones.
- Assist systems administrator run daily back ups.
- Assist staff in printing issues and resolve various IT issues.
- Assist staff in archiving emails and show them the best way to archive their files.
- Making sure that all field office systems are running smoothly
- Fix faulty equipment or seek assistance from IT Manager when need arises
- Work alongside the IT Team to ensure implementation of asset management system.
- Compile all IT systems documentation.
- Manage and improve in-house developed applications.
- Diploma in IT from a recognized institution.
- 3 years of relevant experience (user support) in a busy office.
- Basic knowledge of PHP, MySQL and Java
- Technical knowledge of Linux, Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- PC & Network troubleshooting skills
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Basic web hosting skills; Online Control Panel administration.
- Time management, with multiple priorities;
- Detail oriented, and courteous;
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, juggle tasks, meet deadlines;
- Initiative and innovation in assessing situations and troubleshooting.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply enclosing a detailed CV, quoting current and expected salary and providing contact details of three referees by April 20 2014 to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Only short listed candidates will be contacted.