Finding an alcohol rehab center close to you seems like a daunting task, but you’ve already accomplished the hardest task: admitting that you need help. With this out of the way, you have to figure out what type of rehabilitation would best help you with your addiction. Before you begin searching for a center to help you recover, it is important that you consider a few crucial factors:
- How severe your addiction is: you don’t want to enter an intensive program if your substance addiction is not chronic and has not been happening over an extended period of time. The severity of your addiction will dictate whether or not you need, rather than prefer, inpatient vs outpatient therapy.
- What is the program’s approach to addiction and recovery: you should consider finding a program that aligns with your own personal beliefs so that you feel more supported on the difficult road ahead.
- Program location: Do you want to recover a little closer to home? For example, if you live in Scottsdale, AZ, do you want your alcohol rehab to take place in the same city, or farther away?
- What kind of rehabilitation would you prefer: Many centers have options for their patients to choose inpatient or outpatient therapy. Inpatient addiction therapy often includes a detoxing period, where the patient is slowly weaned off of their preferred substance and goes through a period of intense withdrawal symptoms. Outpatient therapies are preferred by patients who would like to stay at home and attend outside therapy.
- Cost of the program: While all of the above factors are very important thing to consider, the most important factor when it comes down to selecting the right center for you is how much the rehabilitation program will cost. You might have to contact your health care provider to see if they will assist in paying for you to receive the treatment that you need. Inpatient care is often much more costly than outpatient care.
All of these factors are equally important, but there are also a few more questions that you should ask yourself before deciding on a rehab center.
- Does your chosen rehabilitation center allow for family involvement?
- Is it possible for you to receive post-treatment care from your chosen facility?
- Is your chosen program accredited and trustworthy? Does it boast certified and trained staff?
- Does your program treat every patient as an individual that has varied needs and requires individualized treatment?
- Does the program specialize in your particular addiction to alcohol or have a separate wing of the facility that is more focused in order to best help you?
- Are there enough trained staff in the facility to accommodate for the needs of each patient?
Is group therapy an option for you?
- Does the center offer non-confrontational and comforting therapeutic programs for their patients to recover in a more nurturing and welcoming environment?
- Is the program equipped to deal with patients who have a dual diagnosis (if you have one)?
With these factors and questions all in consideration, you’re ready to look into finding a therapy program to help you overcome your dependency on alcohol.