Using SEO strategies is an important part of your marketing campaign but how do you choose those SEO strategies? Sometimes it feels like you are placing them on the wall and throwing darts at them to choose.
There seem to be so many strategies and new twists on old strategies, it really is hard to keep up; especially with all the changes to the algorithms used to give page ranking.
Tips for choosing
Here are some tips for choosing the
best working SEO strategies
for 2017 taking into account the latest updates to the algorithms and more.
Bonus tips for SEO
- Social media content will gain popularity. Content from the social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and others will advance in the search engine results pages. What this means for you; you should make sure your social media content contains keywords so that the search engines pick it up. Doing this will get you a higher place in the search engines like Google, Bing, or Yahoo.
- Make sure that you use targeted keywords or expressions toward the start of the title. Also, try to keep titles to 65 characters long and do not repeat keywords in the title.
- Do your keyword research. Know what words are working that you already using, what words are your competitors using, and find keywords that are not super competitive. Using Google’s Keyword Planner, Ubersuggest, SEMrush and Searchmetrics’ Keyword Analysis tool can help you research your keywords.
- Videos are going to continue to be extremely important. Use videos to help engage your readers, give them how to and tutorial videos, but do not forget to use a little humor as well.
- When it comes to content articles; length does matter. Do an in-depth article instead of 10 short articles on the same topic. The trick is that you have to make the information valuable to your reader; make it easy to understand as well. Readers will read it even if it is 1500 words or 2500 words as long as it answers questions they have, provides instructions on something they want to do, or contains video tutorials. Break the long content up with headings and bullet points to make it easy to scan.
- Optimize for mobile to better websites ratings. Today more people use mobile devices than ever before. Especially with the ability to sync mobile devices with devices at home, they have become one of the top used internet access devices there are. You must optimize for their use or you will lose many of your targeted audience.
- Use long tail keywords; this is something that should be used in content along with keywords. Long tail keywords are phrases instead of just one word, something like; yellow tiger lily instead of just lily.
- Make sure your page can be voice searched by using long tail keywords. An example of this would be when someone uses Siri they will generally ask to be shown directions to a place or possibly directions on cooking something. So you want to make sure that your long tail keywords are easily voiced search as more and more people are using this type of search as opposed to typing it out especially on mobile devices.
- Mobile apps are sure to grow, as more and more people will be using them as more and more as they move farther onto mobile devices.
- Content curating. Gathering all the relevant information on a topic and providing it in one place is now the way to go. More and more people look for this as it makes it much easier on them to have all the relevant information in one place instead of having to click several sites and search through all of it.
It is important that you stay current with SEO and how it is changing as well as how the algorithms of searches are changing.
Here are a few bonus tips when it comes to SEO:
- Make use of the "description" metatag – adding these description metatags to each of your pages will help if Google cannot find a good selection of text in your larger content to use in the piece that is shown to users when they search.
- Dealing with Crawlers –there are certain pages you may not want to show up in search results, as they will not give the best information you can prevent crawlers from indexing these pages by using a “robots.txt” file.
- You can use content as a spring broad into the social media playground. Using content to enter the social media showground can be done easily and quickly by providing intelligent, relevant information, tutorials, and more to the audience.
- Be sure to use the correct headings; heading1, heading2, heading3 and so on.
- Keyword density. Do not stuff keywords but use the appropriate amount for the length of your article.
- Stay up with the linking process, again these have been changing. You want links out to be to trusted sources such as other blogs that you read, and inbound links should come from people you trust or that are in the same industry or business or a similar one that has something in common with yours. As inbound links, you are being considered trustworthy by those who link to you just as those that are outbound where you link to someone else you are saying that they are trustworthy. When your readers see that you are directing them to trustworthy sites they will continue to read your blog and share their experience with your blog with their friends.
It is one of the top things you must keep up with and stay relevant on. Content strategies are constantly changing in order to get better rankings. The reason is that the algorithms are constantly changing to provide the searchers better access to more relevant information and data.
If you keep your content relevant, informative, and gather as much pertinent information on a topic as possible to put in one place, you will make it easier for your readers to find what they are looking for. Remember to keep the content easily readable and able to be scanned. This way the user can find exactly what they are looking for in a quick and easy step.