CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Arojah Concepts, an Abuja based edutainment outfit in collaboration
with SOMTIN FO EVRIBODI has concluded plans to publish an Antoloji of
Naija Puems (Poems in Nigerian Pidgin) and thereby wishes to invite
interested Nigerians to send in their entries.
The anthology which will be released in the third quarter of the year
is part of efforts by the organizers, in collaboration with the Naija
Langwej Akademi and the Institute Francaise de Recherche en Afrique au
Nigeria (IFRA Nigeria) to promote writings in Naija (aka Nigerian
Pidgin) which is growing steadily across the country.
Interested Nigerians/Poets are expected to send in their entries in
accordance with the following guidelines;
- Between 3 – 5 poems written purely in Naija.
- Each of the five poems must not be more than 2 typed pages
- Typed with font size 14 (point)
- Poets/poems are free to explore any theme/subject of their choice.
- Must be original and never published
- Poems are free to offer an appraisal of the relationship
and cultures of Nigeria and other cultures.
- Entries should include contact details of Poets. All
entries in MS word should be mailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- All entries must be received on or before Friday 29th of April 2011
Ten poems will be selected from all the entries received and the Poets
will receive various category of awards in appreciation of their creativity.
Jerry Adesewo (08034530786)
& E. E. Oribhabor (08080900813)
NB:Please forward to all your contacts.