With new academic session right at the corner, starting school can be a difficult time for children particularly those allergic to the school environment.
Every child is hesitant to go somewhere new and see people she's never met before. Here are some helpful tips to prepare your child for his/her first day of school:
1. Let your ward know what his schedule will be like. Tell him what time school resumes and closes daily.
2. Ask your child some fundamental questions such as what his feelings are about the resumption? Whether he is excited about how his first day of school will be like? What are his likes and dislikes about his school? What are his expectations for the new session? etc.
3. Visit the school with your child to see his new classroom and meet his new teacher before school officially starts.
4. Point out the positive aspects of starting school. Tell her it will be all fun!
5. Let your child know that all kids are nervous about the first day of school.
6. Leave a note in your child's lunchbox that will remind him you're thinking of him while he's at school.
7. Take your child to the cinemas, bar beach, zoo, monuments, artistic centres etc. to feel refreshed before his first day of school
8. Try to have your child meet a classmate before the first day of school so she will already have a friend when school starts.
9. Find out about after-school activities that your child can join. Will there be a back-to-school party? Can she join a sports team?
10. Arrange for your child to walk to school or ride together on the bus with another kid in the neighborhood.