Nigerians please let us push forward for the appointment of Wole Soyinka as INEC Chairman. We need credible men. Men who have shame and a lifelong dignity and personality to protect... What do you say?

Views: 725

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

bros i honestly agree with u on this matter infact,,vanguard shold make this opinion more public,,we could hav an opinion poll on who becomes the next inec chairman.thank u.u dey reason..notin do u,, i hail
this is a welcome idea.i wish so.
yes i also join my voice and my fingers in typing to agree to the fact that Nigeria needs to be administered by people who have every thing to lose if things do not go right for the nation. An actor like Pro. Wole Soyinka, who has international reputation at stake will do Nigeria so much good if he chairmans the INEC body.
Yes its a good idea. Who are we selling it to? Who is buying it? and Who cares? Men! I believe in this country a lot, maybe that is my problem. Well on Soyinka, I tell you, these "now-a-days" politicians will just kill him because he will not like to be compromised. What is really needed is a young and vibrant personality that can escape death at a click. Close his heart and be bold enough to call out the spades. Bold enough to disqualify any persons that is found wanting in character. I just pray they don't select our leader for us again come 2011.
Vanguard should also give us an opinion poll slot for who we need to be our next president

ekokotu onoriode emma said:
bros i honestly agree with u on this matter infact,,vanguard shold make this opinion more public,,we could hav an opinion poll on who becomes the next inec chairman.thank u.u dey reason..notin do u,, i hail
YOU are not serious.This is not save nigeria group or issue of being an activist,we are talking of politics.WE DON'T NEED THE OLD MAN.
We don't need the old man or you don't need the old man? majority they say carries the vote. Now Mr. Abdullahi, look up and read the opinions of those who have spoken before you. It is not about you... it is about Nigeria. Besides, one can respectfully add his opinion without using some utterances that can (in the Nigerian contest) pass as offensive, words like, You are not serious!

Put down your opinions in manners suggestive of respect.
Thanks for adding your voice.

umar-farouk abdullahi said:
YOU are not serious.This is not save nigeria group or issue of being an activist,we are talking of politics.WE DON'T NEED THE OLD MAN.
Morever Mr. Abdullahi...this is democracy. Democracy if I may take a moment to upgrade you, is the government of the people, by the people and for the people. if, going by this seeming opinion polls, Nigerians unanimously ask for Wole Soyinka, there is nothing anyone can do about it. It is their choice. What about Lukman Rilwan. Between him and Wole Soyinka, who is older? What did you people say about him when your brother Yar Adua put him there? What were his inputs?

During the Jonathan's acting presidency impasse, did the North not scream from the mountain's top that Yar Adua can rule from anywhere even in a wheel chair? So if your own take is that Wole is old, what stops him from leading INEC even with a walking stick?

Anyways, this is just trying to reply you in your own way... I am not one of those sentimentalists. Never! For me, I am so passionate about this country that I can lay my life for it to see that credible things are done through credible people. The FG's ministries smell of North. Yar Adua was a segmentalist. He northernized virtually everything about this country. What we need are people, men and women who can move us forward as a people and not some vegetables who could not even speak comprehensible grammar.
Wole soyinka deserved that apointment muhamed uwais is another credableman fo that appontment.
yes ooooo Soyinkaaaaaaaaaaaaa for INEC Chairman, Dora for Power sector.....we neeed change...change we r clamouring for
I will never advice Wole Soyinka to take up the post not untill we get rid of these gluttons who called themselves politicians . The problem is not with INEC or who heads it it the so called rogues in the name of god fathers in politcs .They kept on recycling themselves making sure their sons and daugthers replace them . What is Obasangos daughter still doing in senate despite all allegations against her or Babangida still eye the first position of our land .Please proff do not let them stain your precious white garment or have you forgtten Dr Tai Solanrin.Those of us here in Europe cherish your good name.
hey young man. this position is not in any way handled by politicians but technocrats. Wole Soyinka is one and the best man for it now. If you have any other person in mind tell the house. We are serious about positive change in Nigeria.

umar-farouk abdullahi said:

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2019   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service