Nigerians please let us push forward for the appointment of Wole Soyinka as INEC Chairman. We need credible men. Men who have shame and a lifelong dignity and personality to protect... What do you say?

Views: 719

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Idon't think Dora will be ok for the power sector. Her performance, to me, in the information ministry was diplomatically poor. I feel she would be perfect in the Health sector; in mean, we all saw her exploit in NAFDAC.

ejidiwura said:
yes ooooo Soyinkaaaaaaaaaaaaa for INEC Chairman, Dora for Power sector.....we neeed change...change we r clamouring for
dont attempt to mess up this noble nobel laurate. If you put him there, even the Federal Government will do everything to ensure that the man fails, just to score a point, that, "this loud mouths ain't any better". Aside that, all his enemies, - usually the enemies of the people - both home and in the diaspora will form a common front to ruin his tenure. But, that is not the point. At 70, he has virtually don nothing, but read, write and criticise. We should not make him start admin work. No, no , no
This is a perfect idea but will Jonathan listen to this?
Kerry ,
You sure must be a mind reader. On my way home from work yesterday Monday 22/03/10, the issue of Soyinka as INEC chair came up for discussion.Not a few believe it will solve the crisis of confidence,competence ,corruption etc , rocking the body.Although I took exception to the change because I do not believe the INEC chair is the issue.I derived my arguement from what happened in my local governemnt in Abia state during the 2007 governorship elections where the results were already packaged by Orji Uzor Kalu before the election and announced a few hours after the election.During all this period , IWU was not in Abia.All elections in my community were massively rigged and results eventually accepted. The consequence is the ineptitude , planlessness and confusion found in governance in Abia state.This is not an isolated case, as it is the same across the country.I am convinced the political class needs to change their orientation and mindsets.They see politics as a veritable source of wealth , they go to any lenght to achieve political office for the mere fact that one can become rich even if criminally.
Methinks that IWU's 2007 failure has engendered some restrategizing by INEC and are poised to change public perception towards them.If we must change IWU , then Soyinka should move in to reintroduce option A4.
He seems incredible, but who knows if he is appointed as the inec chairman, will he be like them!!!!
Dear Maduka,
You sure have a detailed, acceptable opinionated views which you have really served in 'ceramic' expressive 'plate'. I buy your idea(s). Basically, the problem with Nigeria lies with the very many selfish, and old politicians who would do no other business than hang on at the 'backyard' corridors of power and still finger the polity with their rotten fingers. This is the problem - especially, those men who metamorphosed from military characteristics into our now, budding democracy.

But be that as it may, time, which I do not know when, is fast approaching, when things begin to turn new leafs. We shall see how this would go...
Thanks for your in-put.

uu maduka said:
Kerry ,
You sure must be a mind reader. On my way home from work yesterday Monday 22/03/10, the issue of Soyinka as INEC chair came up for discussion.Not a few believe it will solve the crisis of confidence,competence ,corruption etc , rocking the body.Although I took exception to the change because I do not believe the INEC chair is the issue.I derived my arguement from what happened in my local governemnt in Abia state during the 2007 governorship elections where the results were already packaged by Orji Uzor Kalu before the election and announced a few hours after the election.During all this period , IWU was not in Abia.All elections in my community were massively rigged and results eventually accepted. The consequence is the ineptitude , planlessness and confusion found in governance in Abia state.This is not an isolated case, as it is the same across the country.I am convinced the political class needs to change their orientation and mindsets.They see politics as a veritable source of wealth , they go to any lenght to achieve political office for the mere fact that one can become rich even if criminally.
Methinks that IWU's 2007 failure has engendered some restrategizing by INEC and are poised to change public perception towards them.If we must change IWU , then Soyinka should move in to reintroduce option A4.
Hi Mr. Kerry, We have been praying for the emergence of highly intellects and men of integrity to hold important and key positions of our beloved country Nigeria. There are also the likes of Wole Soyinka that are credible and God fearing, May Al-mighty Allah make such kind of people our leaders. I'm highly in support of this giant stride.
MAMMAN BINDAWA.
This is a laudable idea, but you and I will not be there when the decision to nominate the new INEC Chairman would be made (if at all any such decision would be made), and when such decision is to be made, nobody would ever think of people of high integrity. Unless and Until people of doubtless character and dignity are chosen into positions of authority in Nigeria, we may not move from where we are today.
I subscribe to your idea. I am not even sure if the Nobel Laurete, Wole Soyinka is approached, he would be interested in holding any such position in that country. He is well aware of the axiom that if you cannot beat them you have to join them, and in order not to spoil the good integrity he had earned over years, I am thinking he would not want to mess himself up. Segun Adeniyi was a prolific writer, criticising the government before he was brought into Yar'adua cabinet, has he ever seen anything wrong in all the pranks the Yar'adua and his kitchen cabinet were playing on the entire 150 million Nigerians? Let us leave Wole Soyinka as member of pressure group and watchdog. People like them are needed for exactly what they are doing now.

Luka Binniyat said:
dont attempt to mess up this noble nobel laurate. If you put him there, even the Federal Government will do everything to ensure that the man fails, just to score a point, that, "this loud mouths ain't any better". Aside that, all his enemies, - usually the enemies of the people - both home and in the diaspora will form a common front to ruin his tenure. But, that is not the point. At 70, he has virtually don nothing, but read, write and criticise. We should not make him start admin work. No, no , no
I think Nigerians need to push forward credible men like Wole Soyinka into not only being the INEC Chairman as Kerry posted, but to other Nigeria political positions. He is a great figure internationally and is gifted. Knowledge and wisdom is what he possess and those are intangiable qualities. Africa intellectuals know it and why not the rest of the world, its certain he will lead the straying ship back to their castles. A foreigner's point of view!
believe u me, he won't succeed.
he will fail as INEC chairman, datz why he won't even take it up.
We've already gotten an INEC chairman in place.Mr kerry, its like you are not in the system when Jonathan was sampling prospective candidates for the slot..that would have been the best time to push on this suggestion.
Wole is not the only credible Nigerian for the job,even you can be, except if you are afraid of your shadows.

If every Nigerian or politician is thinking like you,that means the nation cannot move forward except if Soyinka is on board. What i should expect from you is to have prevail on Mr.President to implement the Uwais report on electoral reform of which Prof. Wole and other well meaning Nigerians are agitating.
I do not subscribe to this myopic view, weak reasoning and selfish proposition at the eleventh hour; i observe that Wole is good in his present state,Watching and Monitoring the polity as well as making constructive criticsms where neccessary.

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2019   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service