WILL GOODLUCK JONATHAN EMERGE AS PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA IN 2011?

Dear Respondent

I am a final year student of Empire Journlism in Port Harcourt, carrying out a research on the the ambition of our incubent president, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan to run for 2011 presidential race.

Do you think it will work?

What would be the reactions of the Northerners?

Please feel free to make your comments.

Views: 373

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Personally, I never seriously considered Goodluck Jonathan as a possible presidential contender, and I don't think he ever considered himself as one also. If he has any presidential ambition, it is quite recent. I thought that his role in history would be to midwife the freest and fairest election in Nigeria. Evidently, he is now seriously considering the idea of running for president. That said, it is his right to contest the presidency, but frankly I do not think he will make a good president. I mean good - in the sense of moving us definitively forward - his presidency can only perpetuate the status quo. In short, he is free to contest, but I do not think he is the best man for the job.
@Bisi Lawal. Midwife ko, Midhusband ni. I wonder where u learnt all these jagons. President Joe is the man 4 the job. 99,9% reasonable Nigerians can never be wrong. We wish him the best!

Bisi Lawal said:
Personally, I never seriously considered Goodluck Jonathan as a possible presidential contender, and I don't think he ever considered himself as one also. If he has any presidential ambition, it is quite recent. I thought that his role in history would be to midwife the freest and fairest election in Nigeria. Evidently, he is now seriously considering the idea of running for president. That said, it is his right to contest the presidency, but frankly I do not think he will make a good president. I mean good - in the sense of moving us definitively forward - his presidency can only perpetuate the status quo. In short, he is free to contest, but I do not think he is the best man for the job.
IBB is a dreamer! You can dream on with him!

John Enku said:
why we still thinking of rooting for jonathan are safest bet is IBB...Obasanjo is clearly one of the main reasons johnathan is were he is now why would he turn his back on Obasanjo
Goodluck Jonathan should contest as far as i am concerned. Please let the Northerners understand that it is better for him to contest so that they can have the next eight years after the expiration of 2011. As a matter of fact they have shortened the southern stay because Late president Yaradua has spent some years before Jonathan's emergence.

Patience should be the Northerner's attitude, i do not even understand why Jonathan cant contest. He is a Nigerian and has the right to want to contest. What they should be concerned about is delivery of dividend of democracy. I really do not care who is the president whether Hausa, Yoruba or Ibo or whether an Igbira or Nupe or tiv man runs for one hundred years. All i want is good roads, constant electricity, functional schools, hospitals etc.
my dear wellda them like it or not my pray is that let goolucky be the president of nigeria

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service