Chief Raymond Dokpesi swore to Nigerians at a particular time in his political life that he will never ever be connected to partisan politics just like the owner of CNN.And I believe this singlar action of his then increased his personal ratting in Nigeria and also boasted his dream organisation AIT.So why is he now trying to go back to his vomit and destroy all that he had build for himself all these years. 

Views: 330

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If Chief Dokpesi has decided to swallow his words, it is rather unfortunate. But at times it is the power play in Politics that force some hitherto non politicians into partisan politics, to save their investment. You recall the ugly experience of AIT during the Obasanjo era. But for public opinion, OBJ was bent on wiping AIT out of this planet. On the second part, Nigerian nay African Politicians see lie as virtue instead of a vice. If you have a relative who is a politician, compare his life before and after he entered into politics. You will certainly detect a world of difference. Lie is one of the orientations and indoctrinations of Nigerian politicians.
You are very correct.But I believe that from what happened during Abacha era and also Obasanjo,s time concerning AIT, Chief Dokpesi should have known that the support of the people can be said to be the support of God.Nigerians love AIT.Why?Because of its non partisan posture and also the neutral nature of AIT in news reporting.Now the owner has thrown his weight into the murky waters of Nigerian politics and declared his total support on a candidate.What happens to AIT?
No doubt, chief Dokpesi's romance with politics will affect the neutrality of AIT in news reporting. This to me will erode public confidence concerning the organisation. I advise him to think twice before he acts. He should choose between our goodwill towards his organistion and the pecuniarlty of his forage into partisan politics. The choice is all his.

charles amobi nwokoro said:
You are very correct.But I believe that from what happened during Abacha era and also Obasanjo,s time concerning AIT, Chief Dokpesi should have known that the support of the people can be said to be the support of God.Nigerians love AIT.Why?Because of its non partisan posture and also the neutral nature of AIT in news reporting.Now the owner has thrown his weight into the murky waters of Nigerian politics and declared his total support on a candidate.What happens to AIT?
My take on this is simply survival. Who knows the "unlisted" shareholder of AIT, Globacom etc Your guese is as good as mine. So, he who pays the piper dictates the tune. My regrets are the poor workers of AIT who may not share the political views of their chairman. This brings on a dilema and conflict of interest scenario. The support should have been "unpublicised" then AIT would have been eating from both sides of the divide by now. Neutrality should have been the name of the game atleast until after the primaries. Now, a major chunk of the market have simply switched off. Gone are the days of Government by "Mis-information". Welcome to the New Naija!!
generally as time changes opinion about man changes like wise raymond ideas
I dont get you.IBB insulted the generation of Chief Dokpesi when he said that the young men of this country are not educated and experienced enough to rule this country.Raymond by statistics before this misadventure was among the 10 most loved and most popular men in Nigeria.His education and achievements been world class.So what ideas can we make out about his romance with IBB in partisan politics presently.I am still in shock really.
You see, statistics and public opinion poll does not help your finances in any way, but supporting the campaign organisation of IBB will help his finances greatly or at least thats hopefully what he(Raymond)thinks.

charles amobi nwokoro said:
I dont get you.IBB insulted the generation of Chief Dokpesi when he said that the young men of this country are not educated and experienced enough to rule this country.Raymond by statistics before this misadventure was among the 10 most loved and most popular men in Nigeria.His education and achievements been world class.So what ideas can we make out about his romance with IBB in partisan politics presently.I am still in shock really.
John 8:43-45 (New International Version)

43Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!
US President George W Bush lied to go to war in Iraq and get what he wanted, so are Nigerian politicians looking up to big brother democratic America, so Dopeski knows what he want, and until he gets it he may announce, like W, "mission accomplished".
What they fail to understand is that they,like us,are mere mortals and there is nothing materialistic they manage to accumulate here in this world that will ever leave this world.Some people will sell their souls for a cup of rice instead of striving and trusting in God.
I was really disappointed with Dokpesi.He is too big for this.I love AIT.I wonder what will happened to the values they preach.
Thats my worry now.A lot of Nigerians both home and away will really be disappointed about this High Chief action.It appears he himself does not even know his worth in this country or that of his outfit AIT.I dont think IBB can beat a Dokpesi in any presidential election in Nigeria.Is he broke? Or whats really his problem.I just hope that AIT will try as much as possible to distant itself from this Dokpesi,s misadventure and be very unbais,neutral and sincere in thier reports and coverages.

Chinyere Miriam Okigbo said:
I was really disappointed with Dokpesi.He is too big for this.I love AIT.I wonder what will happened to the values they preach.

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service