"...the labours of our heroes past shall never be in vain" so says a line in our National Anthem.

I have been on a research journey for a couple of months now. I have been exploring all avenues, all research/historical records, archives and all, trying to see what positive social, political and international records (inputs) that a Nigerian (any Nigerian Hero) had put in place within Nigeria which have stood Nigeria out in the comity of Nations. The more I research, the more dead ends I meet.

Thus, I have come here to use this medium, to solicit for your opinions. If we, as a nation, as a people must, some day, find it necessary to name our heroes past, then I must ask: who are our heroes past? Who do you think has done something that has stood the test of time, that has really made us proud as a people, that we can be really very proud of? The records abound in the Western countries...even Nelson Mandela of our own African extract has been on the fore for his formidable role in the killing of apartheid in South Africa. Who can forget what Jerry Rawlings did in Ghana that has helped to reshape the face of Ghanaian politics and democracy... the list is endless.

From South to the North down to the East, around Nigeria, who are our Nigeria's heroes since her independence or even ever before independence was achieved? What were their special contributions? What really made such a person a hero? Please help. Be factual!

Views: 1600

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

NIGERIA IS A COUNTRY WITHOUT HEROES! ALL THERE IS, ARE MAGGOTS IN THE SUPPOSED NATIONAL CAKE, IN OTHER WORDS OIL MONEY!

APART FROM THESE FEW LOYAL PERSONNELS: governor of Lagos State FASHOLA, NAFDAC chef. Dr. (Mrs.) Dora Akunyili, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, AND SOME OTHER VERY FEW MEANINGFUL INDIVIDUALS,

THERE ARE NO SUCH THING LIKE HEROES IN NIGERIA:
IT IS EITHER THOSE THAT HAVE LOST THERE LIFE TO COMPETITORS WHILE LOOTING OR THOSE THAT ARE STILL LIVING WHILE LOOTING!
Nice Post......

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2019   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service