This event is evident to the fact that the pact between IBB and OBJ has finally broken. This sign of this could be traced to the time in 2007, when IBB helped to truncate OBJ's quest for a third term in 2007, with the assumption that he (IBB) was going to clinch the PDP nomination. OBJ paid him back then, by selecting UMY instead, forcing IBB to withdraw from the race. Then came 2011, IBB once again, gave the PDP nomination his best shot, and was seen as the front-line aspirant,  yet again, OBJ blocked that ambition, and supported GEJ instead. So what we are seeing today, is an out-burst from a disgruntled and severely disappointed old man (IBB), whom feels that his political coffin has been sealed by OBJ, now trying to express his anger and frustrations.......I dey laugh ooooo. God bless Nigeria.http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/obj-ibb-at-war/

Views: 306

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Both of them are birds of same feathers.  They should stop deceiving us.
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/16526-obasanjo...
By 

What Obasanjo said about Babangida’s allegations:

“Well, normally when I read these things, I don’t believe them. Yesterday, when somebody phoned me and said this was said, I said don’t believe it. He said check all the newspapers and I said ‘get me all the newspapers’; they got me the newspapers and I read; it’s a little bit unlike Babangida. But, if Babangida had decided on becoming a septuagenarian, that he will be a fool, I think one should probably do what the Bible says in Proverbs chapter 26, verse 4. It says don’t answer a fool because you may also become like him. When you go to the same Proverbs, chapter 26, verse 5, says, answer a fool so that he will not think he’s a wise man. So, I am now torn between which of the two verses I should follow in this respect.
“Some of the things he said unfortunately were not well thought-out. For instance, he talked about our energy. When I was the military Head of State, I built Jebba dam; built Shiroro dam. I prepared the foundation of Egbin plant, which President Shagari completed and commissioned. That time, the money we were making was not up to the money Babangida was making annually for his eight years and yet we built two dams. Because it was important, you know that power is the driving force for development and for any developing country. But since the building of Egbin power plant, until I came back in 1999, there was no generating plant for almost 20 years and Babangida spent eight years out of that.
“Now, he has the audacity to talk about anybody; I think that is unfortunate. I also read where he said in his time, he gave the dividends of democracy and at the same time he regretted. When I read that, well, I said Babangida should be pitied and shown sympathy, rather than anger or condemnation because the old saying says a fool at 40 is a fool forever and I would say a regret at 70 is a regret too late. Well, a regret at 70 is a regret to the grave.”
I would say a regret at 70 is a regret too late. Well, a regret at 70 is a regret to the grave.”.....A memorable verse....!

Akhabue said:
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/16526-obasanjo...
By 

What Obasanjo said about Babangida’s allegations:

“Well, normally when I read these things, I don’t believe them. Yesterday, when somebody phoned me and said this was said, I said don’t believe it. He said check all the newspapers and I said ‘get me all the newspapers’; they got me the newspapers and I read; it’s a little bit unlike Babangida. But, if Babangida had decided on becoming a septuagenarian, that he will be a fool, I think one should probably do what the Bible says in Proverbs chapter 26, verse 4. It says don’t answer a fool because you may also become like him. When you go to the same Proverbs, chapter 26, verse 5, says, answer a fool so that he will not think he’s a wise man. So, I am now torn between which of the two verses I should follow in this respect.
“Some of the things he said unfortunately were not well thought-out. For instance, he talked about our energy. When I was the military Head of State, I built Jebba dam; built Shiroro dam. I prepared the foundation of Egbin plant, which President Shagari completed and commissioned. That time, the money we were making was not up to the money Babangida was making annually for his eight years and yet we built two dams. Because it was important, you know that power is the driving force for development and for any developing country. But since the building of Egbin power plant, until I came back in 1999, there was no generating plant for almost 20 years and Babangida spent eight years out of that.
“Now, he has the audacity to talk about anybody; I think that is unfortunate. I also read where he said in his time, he gave the dividends of democracy and at the same time he regretted. When I read that, well, I said Babangida should be pitied and shown sympathy, rather than anger or condemnation because the old saying says a fool at 40 is a fool forever and I would say a regret at 70 is a regret too late. Well, a regret at 70 is a regret to the grave.”
yes, i like when formal allies are engulfed in stuffs like this, at this stage all the anti-graft agencies must put their eyes down cos in d process of trying to hit back at themselves, an insighting bombshell may soon be released, then we can resume investigation from there.
Yeah....this is indeed the dog fight of the century.....hahahaa

Ibeh Lawrence Ik said:
yes, i like when formal allies are engulfed in stuffs like this, at this stage all the anti-graft agencies must put their eyes down cos in d process of trying to hit back at themselves, an insighting bombshell may soon be released, then we can resume investigation from there.
They can go ahead and ridicule themselves before the press.  Both of them owe Nigerians apologies for mismanaging the economy of this nation and causing untold hardship to our teeming youths.  May be nemesis is trying to catch up with them.

Dr Osita Okonkwo said:
Yeah....this is indeed the dog fight of the century.....hahahaa

Ibeh Lawrence Ik said:

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service