Would you want to vote on any day excepting Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays? Muslims go for service on Fridays. The Hebrews go for fellowship on Saturdays or Shabbat (Sabbath). Christians go for fellowship on Saturdays and Sundays as well.

Votes held on the above mentioned days would cause some sort of disruption to the spiritual life of the persons concerned if they are devout to their beliefs.

Won't it be proper if the government allows elections on other days excepting Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays to aid spiritual development amongst Nigerians more especially as we get ready for voting in a new set of leadership in 2011?

Views: 465

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mr Gavin Bond, i dont know what you intend to achiev or make out of all this but, beleive you me it's a waste of resource and time. Is not gonna work so give it up 9ja is of age and will not allow any external body to mislead us. once again give it up cos this ur idea is not gonna work not in 9ja, so ur better SHINE YOUR EYE well well.

GAVIN BOND said:

How would boycotting the election aggravate your problem? You have come of age and you still do not realise there is NO DEMOCRACY like Nigeria's in the whole wide world except in Africa due to colonial mentality for Neo-colonialism? How could you say you have come of age when you do not recognise that Nigeria is a nation with many nations within? You see, the problem with most of you over there is you think you know more than everybody, driven in the believe that Jesus is your saviour, the image of the white man!

Can I ask you if you have read my book? How do you know it is about revolution when you have not read it? They say knowledge is power and that is true. Therefore before you open your mouth, you should KNOW, not THINK, that what you are saying is relevant, both intellectually and as a matter of fact! The book is about history, about my journey in the western world, about politics, about economics, and the hypocricy of the western world; please be informed from a reliable source before you comment!

When the first revolution started in the USSR, where was Lenin? When the freedom fighters were fighting in Rhodesia, where was Mugabe? If you know the answers to these two questions, you would not have made your comment! So please be informed before you make your comments! I would have been in Nigeria since 1981 with ITT but I was not prepared to join the rest and just follow the pack; I have a mind of my own!

If you are old enough to remember the Vietnam War, I demonstrated at Grosvenor Square against the USA in London! Lately also, during the struggle for the liberation of South Africa and Rhodesia, I also kept vigil with others at weekends outsie their Embassies! If I were in Nigeria today, I will be doing the same now; but unfortunately, my Destiny has not placed me there right at this moment! Regards

Okolobah Efe Michael said:

We will not boycot any elections. We have come of age to know that boycoting elections will not solve our problems but will rather aggravate it. The solutions to our problems does not lie in your book, it is just your radical, one man opinion. If you are that serious of upstaging a rebellon, stop trying to market your book and come down to Nigeria and give it a trial. Dont try a rebellon by proxy, do it physically. Rebellons suceed when those that champion its cause are present physically. Once again the solution of our problems does not lie in your book, it is just your radical, one man opinion.

GAVIN BOND said:
We need to find ourselves and not just do it because the west says we must do it! Please try and get a copy of my book and read the solution for Nigeria and Africa. This is Neo-Colonialism in Africa deu to our colonised brains. We may not have chains round our necks but we are still enslaved! We must free uorselves and kick out the policians. The way to start is by boycotting the elections!
I am just trying to educate some of you guys about the country we call Nigeria! What I am trying also to achieve is to shut some of you up when you compolain about Hausa this; Igbo that;Benins here and Yoruba yonder! Again, there is the muslims and christians back bitting and so on and forth! If you are alright Jack, then STOP COMPLAINING AND MOANING AND ACCEPT THE CORRUPTIONS AND KILLINGS; you get where I am trying to go! Who is to shine their eyes now?

Samuel ukeje said:
Mr Gavin Bond, i dont know what you intend to achiev or make out of all this but, beleive you me it's a waste of resource and time. Is not gonna work so give it up 9ja is of age and will not allow any external body to mislead us. once again give it up cos this ur idea is not gonna work not in 9ja, so ur better SHINE YOUR EYE well well.

GAVIN BOND said:

How would boycotting the election aggravate your problem? You have come of age and you still do not realise there is NO DEMOCRACY like Nigeria's in the whole wide world except in Africa due to colonial mentality for Neo-colonialism? How could you say you have come of age when you do not recognise that Nigeria is a nation with many nations within? You see, the problem with most of you over there is you think you know more than everybody, driven in the believe that Jesus is your saviour, the image of the white man!

Can I ask you if you have read my book? How do you know it is about revolution when you have not read it? They say knowledge is power and that is true. Therefore before you open your mouth, you should KNOW, not THINK, that what you are saying is relevant, both intellectually and as a matter of fact! The book is about history, about my journey in the western world, about politics, about economics, and the hypocricy of the western world; please be informed from a reliable source before you comment!

When the first revolution started in the USSR, where was Lenin? When the freedom fighters were fighting in Rhodesia, where was Mugabe? If you know the answers to these two questions, you would not have made your comment! So please be informed before you make your comments! I would have been in Nigeria since 1981 with ITT but I was not prepared to join the rest and just follow the pack; I have a mind of my own!

If you are old enough to remember the Vietnam War, I demonstrated at Grosvenor Square against the USA in London! Lately also, during the struggle for the liberation of South Africa and Rhodesia, I also kept vigil with others at weekends outsie their Embassies! If I were in Nigeria today, I will be doing the same now; but unfortunately, my Destiny has not placed me there right at this moment! Regards

Okolobah Efe Michael said:

We will not boycot any elections. We have come of age to know that boycoting elections will not solve our problems but will rather aggravate it. The solutions to our problems does not lie in your book, it is just your radical, one man opinion. If you are that serious of upstaging a rebellon, stop trying to market your book and come down to Nigeria and give it a trial. Dont try a rebellon by proxy, do it physically. Rebellons suceed when those that champion its cause are present physically. Once again the solution of our problems does not lie in your book, it is just your radical, one man opinion.

GAVIN BOND said:
We need to find ourselves and not just do it because the west says we must do it! Please try and get a copy of my book and read the solution for Nigeria and Africa. This is Neo-Colonialism in Africa deu to our colonised brains. We may not have chains round our necks but we are still enslaved! We must free uorselves and kick out the policians. The way to start is by boycotting the elections!
U don't really need to attack Gavin Bond for expressing his viewpoints. Just pulse and think of this: How could one explain the corruption and disorderliness in virtually everything that is Nigerian? What are we really doing together in this confused and deceptive entity called Nigeria,which was imposed upon us by the whites for their selfish reasons? Yesterday,it was Jos killings;today,it is Boko Haram,and tommorrow,it wil be Zoning. And so it continues to go notorious. How do we liberate ourselves? Hausa is crying.Yoruba is crying.Ibo is crying, ijaw is crying. Why? We are created to live differently. But here we are,forcing ourselves to live together,and telling ourselves lies
U don't really need to attack Gavin Bond for expressing his viewpoints. Just pulse and think of this: How could one explain the corruption and disorderliness in virtually everything that is Nigerian? What are we really doing together in this confused and deceptive entity called Nigeria,which was imposed upon us by the whites for their selfish reasons? Yesterday,it was Jos killings;today,it is Boko Haram,and tommorrow,it wil be Zoning. And so it continues to go notorious. How do we liberate ourselves? Hausa is crying.Yoruba is crying.Ibo is crying, ijaw is crying. Why? We are created to live differently. But here we are,forcing ourselves to live together,and telling ourselves lies
Well mavos, i think u 've got a point but what we r saying is, you guys should start up something and lead the revolution or the rebel against the Govt then we ll support you. It's not only making noise here on this forum, go 2 social networks lik facebook twitter and the rest create more awareness make more publicity and be prepared 2 spend huge amount of money cos 9ja guys ll not go out if u not ready 2 pay them, and make sure ur whole families are included in the revolt or revolution as u may call it.

Mavos said:
Wel,if u are afraid of saying the truth and standing by it,I'm not. Hopefully by the God's grace,I'm planning of coming back to Nigeria next year to start something like u said-to lead a nation- wide campaign and mobilizing people to cal upon the Govt. to convene a National conference and regional referendum. So don't be suprise when u hear voices of Nigerians for change. Each of the Geo-Political Zone wil express themselves thru the ballot on how they want to co-exist as a Nation. U see my friend,it has happened in sudan,I mean such referendums,so it can happen in ur dear country. Nigeria must not divide but we should have strong institutions. More States and LG should be created along tribal and cultural divides, e.g,Urohbo state, Anioma state,Isoko State,Itsekiri State, delta-Ijaw state. In present Imo,e.g, Mbaise state, Orlu state,Owerri state,NKwerre state etc. For example,okon State,Egbira state,Igala state,Tiv state,Idoma state,and other north central tribes should together form a strong regionaj govt. with a head of states or premier or whatever u want to call him,and let their traditional rulers form the legislature. They should have their police and control their resources and remit some fund to a national govt @Abuja. When this is done,lets see how Jos crises and other problems wil not stop. These and many more is what I plan to champion. It's an enormous task and not going to be easy, u may say,but it has to get started. For people who are afraid to die should know that death is inevitable. And that it is more glorious dying as a freedom fighter than a slave. This is what inspired men like Nelson Mandela to liberate himself and countrymen. Today,if he is dying,he dies a satisfied and fulfilled man. So young man Ukeje,can u make more use of ur life? Since death is the highest thing that can happen and yet people die every day like chickens,without leaving behind a legacy. Wil it not be more dignifying making history and being on the right side of history?

Samuel ukeje said:
Well mavos, i think u 've got a point but what we r saying is, you guys should start up something and lead the revolution or the rebel against the Govt then we ll support you. It's not only making noise here on this forum, go 2 social networks lik facebook twitter and the rest create more awareness make more publicity and be prepared 2 spend huge amount of money cos 9ja guys ll not go out if u not ready 2 pay them, and make sure ur whole families are included in the revolt or revolution as u may call it.

Mavos said:

Mavros, he is not attacking me. He is just expressing his opinion! Knowledge is indeed power and you can see that Mr Ukeje needs to be enlightened! How could you go on social network and reveal your plans to the authorities without you ending up in jail in Nigeria? You think Nigeria is a civilised place like America where they can use those facilities up to a point.

Have you heard of Mr Assange of Wikileaks? Do you see what the USA is trying to do to him now because he revealed their dirty tricks played on Africa? Mr Ukeje is an opinion follower and not a primary thinker! I am speaking from facts and knoiwledge. He does not know me hence he is entitled to his opinion! I am a member of a political party here, I have been in government and I know what they have sold Africa is for their benefit; which I have told a state minister to his face! It is like I have already said, the book is not about revolution, it is about removing the chains around our necks, placed their due to our colonial mentality! One thing I must tell you, I AM AN ALRIGHT JACK! I have a house here and a house in Africa, I will not say where because I do not trust establishments from my experience! Therefore, I really do not care if Nigeria changes or not because I am an ALRIGHT JACK!

Samuel ukeje said:

Mavos said:

In a sense a boycott of elections may bring to the fore the expectations of a continually duped electorate. However this supposes there is a collective sense of purpose in starting a boycott and seeing it to a conclusion. The Nigerian situation as of date is I believe very far from this expectation hence a boycott may not be the solution to resolving the transient difficulties present in the political sphere.

On the other hand sensitizing the electorate in the proper use of its vote should translate into empowerment and accountability. The latter supposes our conceptual abilities undergo modification as to enable resistance to anyone who displays a tendency towards neocolonialism which (some may differ from this viewpoint) was present in Africa before the advent of colonialism. 

Very well commented sir since Rome was not built in a day! The idea is to let the people know the power of having a choice, a voice, and the power, even though unspoken. Time to have government of The Peoples, by The Peoples, and for The Peoples and this can only be achieved from the Village, Town, and Regional levels because Nigeria is a DIVIDED NATION! Right now, most of the electorate is not literate or very versed when it comes to voting and elections.

I will bet anybody all the money I have in the world that PDP will win the elections; the results have already been decided!

Irigha DM Olali said:

In a sense a boycott of elections may bring to the fore the expectations of a continually duped electorate. However this supposes there is a collective sense of purpose in starting a boycott and seeing it to a conclusion. The Nigerian situation as of date is I believe very far from this expectation hence a boycott may not be the solution to resolving the transient difficulties present in the political sphere.

On the other hand sensitizing the electorate in the proper use of its vote should translate into empowerment and accountability. The latter supposes our conceptual abilities undergo modification as to enable resistance to anyone who displays a tendency towards neocolonialism which (some may differ from this viewpoint) was present in Africa before the advent of colonialism. 

Well mr Bond, call me opinion follower or anything i dont care, all i'm saying is, ur idea of advising us to stage a protest against the authorities at the critical time is not a good advice. Their's a democratic process on the line which makes ur idea very impossible 4 now, there can only be a protest when there was a rigging, only then can a protest be legitimate.
Mr Ukeje, imagine you have been elected into the House, a group of your colleagues are planning to get rid of you, or planning to oppose your bill, conversing in their mother togue, which you do not understand; do you think this is what EDUCATED NIGERIANS WANT?
Thank u for hiting the nail @the head.The reason why I advocate that more states should be created along tribal and cultural affiliations,of which language is among. Imagine a Governer's father or uncle sharing the same street with u,he wil hardly embezzle any fund meant for that street's rehabilitation.

GAVIN BOND said:
Mr Ukeje, imagine you have been elected into the House, a group of your colleagues are planning to get rid of you, or planning to oppose your bill, conversing in their mother togue, which you do not understand; do you think this is what EDUCATED NIGERIANS WANT?

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2019   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service