Would you want to vote on any day excepting Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays? Muslims go for service on Fridays. The Hebrews go for fellowship on Saturdays or Shabbat (Sabbath). Christians go for fellowship on Saturdays and Sundays as well.

Votes held on the above mentioned days would cause some sort of disruption to the spiritual life of the persons concerned if they are devout to their beliefs.

Won't it be proper if the government allows elections on other days excepting Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays to aid spiritual development amongst Nigerians more especially as we get ready for voting in a new set of leadership in 2011?

Views: 426

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please dont bring religious inclination to our democratic process, we have always voted on saturdays and nobody or religious group has commented. So lets leave it as it is.
This ur idea is good but it wil put more confusion in a confused system. Pls save Nigerians that bouts of confusion and dissarray.

Our problem is; WE STILL HAVE NOT GOT IT! We are too divided to have western style democracy that has been imposed on Africa! What DEMOCRACY means in the western world = CONFUSE THE MASSES AND THEN DIVIDE AND RULE THEM!!!!

We are already divided as it is so why waste money on these so called elections when you already know what the OUTCOME WILL BE!

I want yo to look at this fact:

RELIGION & POLITICS ARE THE TWO MOST EVIL INVENTIONS BY MAN! HOW MANY HAVE LOST THEIR LIVES BECAUSE OF THESE TWO INVENTIONS OF MAN?

BIBLE/QUORAN or KORAN = CONSTITUTION

POPE/AYATOLLAH /ARCHBISHOP = PRESIDENT/PRIME MINISTER

CARDINALS/IMAMS/REVERENDS = CABINET MINISTERS

SYNODS/ALFARS = MEMBERS OF HOUSES

PARISH                 = CONSTITUENCY

CONCREGATION  =  ELECTORATES

GOD / POPE / AYATOLLAH / REVEREND = PRESIDENT = PRIME MINISTER = HE = ALL MEN UNTIL RECENTLY!

CATHOLICS ARE THE HEAD, THE ORIGINATOR OF RELIGION WITH THE POPE AS GOD, THAT IS WHY A WOMAN WILL NEVER BE POPE AND GOD IS REFERRED TO AS HE!

THE PROTESTANTS ARE FIGHTING ONE ANOTHER IN TRYING TO GET WOMEN AS REVEREND FATHERS  OR SHOULD I SAY MOTHERS!

AS FOR ISLAM, JUST LIKE THE CATHOLICS, A WOMAN WILL NEVER BE THE HEAD!

Now, do you see how religion and politics are the inventions of man! In their conceptions, women were second class, which is why they claimed God created woman from one of Adam's ribs, just to prove their superiority to women! If you have a logical and an enquiring mind, it is very easy to work out!

Can you see how we are being led by the nose because they believe we will swallow  everything they regurgitate!  If we cannot stage the type of civil disobedience that has been going on in the northern part of Africa; why not form a movement to BOYCOTT THE ELECTIONS? Nigeria, good peoples saddled with bad leaders because the RULED are timid!

What are you trying to say or getting at.

GAVIN BOND said:

Our problem is; WE STILL HAVE NOT GOT IT! We are too divided to have western style democracy that has been imposed on Africa! What DEMOCRACY means in the western world = CONFUSE THE MASSES AND THEN DIVIDE AND RULE THEM!!!!

We are already divided as it is so why waste money on these so called elections when you already know what the OUTCOME WILL BE!

I want yo to look at this fact:

RELIGION & POLITICS ARE THE TWO MOST EVIL INVENTIONS BY MAN! HOW MANY HAVE LOST THEIR LIVES BECAUSE OF THESE TWO INVENTIONS OF MAN?

BIBLE/QUORAN or KORAN = CONSTITUTION

POPE/AYATOLLAH /ARCHBISHOP = PRESIDENT/PRIME MINISTER

CARDINALS/IMAMS/REVERENDS = CABINET MINISTERS

SYNODS/ALFARS = MEMBERS OF HOUSES

PARISH                 = CONSTITUENCY

CONCREGATION  =  ELECTORATES

GOD / POPE / AYATOLLAH / REVEREND = PRESIDENT = PRIME MINISTER = HE = ALL MEN UNTIL RECENTLY!

CATHOLICS ARE THE HEAD, THE ORIGINATOR OF RELIGION WITH THE POPE AS GOD, THAT IS WHY A WOMAN WILL NEVER BE POPE AND GOD IS REFERRED TO AS HE!

THE PROTESTANTS ARE FIGHTING ONE ANOTHER IN TRYING TO GET WOMEN AS REVEREND FATHERS  OR SHOULD I SAY MOTHERS!

AS FOR ISLAM, JUST LIKE THE CATHOLICS, A WOMAN WILL NEVER BE THE HEAD!

Now, do you see how religion and politics are the inventions of man! In their conceptions, women were second class, which is why they claimed God created woman from one of Adam's ribs, just to prove their superiority to women! If you have a logical and an enquiring mind, it is very easy to work out!

Can you see how we are being led by the nose because they believe we will swallow  everything they regurgitate!  If we cannot stage the type of civil disobedience that has been going on in the northern part of Africa; why not form a movement to BOYCOTT THE ELECTIONS? Nigeria, good peoples saddled with bad leaders because the RULED are timid!

I AM TRYING TO SAY WE ARE NOT IN CONTROL OF OUR AFFAIRS BACK IN AFRICA! WE HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED TO BELIEVE WE ARE INFERIOR TO THE WHITE OR ARAB FOREIGNERS THROUGH THE RELIGIONS TO BROUGHT TO US AND THEIR DIVIDE AND RULE DEMOCRATIC SYSTEM! ASK YOURSELF WHY YOU WOULD PREFER STUFF MADE ABROAD THAN THE ONE IN NIGERIA? QUALITY? WHO SAID SO?

WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY HERE IS THAT WE MUST DEVICE OUR OWN SYSTEM THAT WILL START FROM THE VILLAGE LEVEL AND WILL NOT BE PARTY POLITICS BECAUSE THAT DIVIDES: IT WILL BE LED BY THE ELDERS, CHIEFS, AND TRADITIONAL RULERS! TO FIND OUT MORE, GET A COPY OF "SHINE YOUR EYES MAMA AFRICA:memoir of an enlightened African @ http://www.shineyoureyes-oh.com. You can get an e-book copy and download a digital reader to take you through the pages. You will get the big picture when you read the book.

Two interesting points here. Why does our Police Officer dress in black when we know from Physics that black colour is not good in the heat? THINK WHERE THE POLICE WEAR DARK COLOURS..

Why do we borrow money from the World Bank and IMF when we have our OWN CENTRAL bank and huge foreign treasury reserves from the oil revenues?

The answer is because the whitemen say We Must Do So; please think about it! This is my point, you do not need the western democratic system; and the election is a WASTE of MONEY that could be used for the health sector, etc! Q.E.D!

Yea Bond. Like your epic reply. You see some men dont ask all these delicate and simple questions. Why the road blocks, the touts, foreign reserves when people are dying? Jumbo pay to shaby flippant lawmakers, the CBN borrows wheon the Western EU prints their note. Why the recyclement of political appointess?
And the last the number of mushroom churches all estorting. Wil God come to Nigeria to free us? Yea. But... We need to get things done.

GAVIN BOND said:

I AM TRYING TO SAY WE ARE NOT IN CONTROL OF OUR AFFAIRS BACK IN AFRICA! WE HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED TO BELIEVE WE ARE INFERIOR TO THE WHITE OR ARAB FOREIGNERS THROUGH THE RELIGIONS TO BROUGHT TO US AND THEIR DIVIDE AND RULE DEMOCRATIC SYSTEM! ASK YOURSELF WHY YOU WOULD PREFER STUFF MADE ABROAD THAN THE ONE IN NIGERIA? QUALITY? WHO SAID SO?

WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY HERE IS THAT WE MUST DEVICE OUR OWN SYSTEM THAT WILL START FROM THE VILLAGE LEVEL AND WILL NOT BE PARTY POLITICS BECAUSE THAT DIVIDES: IT WILL BE LED BY THE ELDERS, CHIEFS, AND TRADITIONAL RULERS! TO FIND OUT MORE, GET A COPY OF "SHINE YOUR EYES MAMA AFRICA:memoir of an enlightened African @ http://www.shineyoureyes-oh.com. You can get an e-book copy and download a digital reader to take you through the pages. You will get the big picture when you read the book.

Two interesting points here. Why does our Police Officer dress in black when we know from Physics that black colour is not good in the heat? THINK WHERE THE POLICE WEAR DARK COLOURS..

Why do we borrow money from the World Bank and IMF when we have our OWN CENTRAL bank and huge foreign treasury reserves from the oil revenues?

The answer is because the whitemen say We Must Do So; please think about it! This is my point, you do not need the western democratic system; and the election is a WASTE of MONEY that could be used for the health sector, etc! Q.E.D!

Election on Saturdays have come to stay in the country.  Dont forget that some people go to work on saturdays,even on Sunday.  So we should not bring religion and ethnicity into voting.
Your wrong in this asumptions. Albeit the same devout too religious nigerians with the most astonishing churches and mosques in Africa yet they kill in the north,west,and south. Where is the hub of corruption, kidnapping, rituals and street night lifes? Enough you.

I must confess that your contributions hold a great deal of interest especially as this is an academic question which I have posed.

It would appear there is a fear that religion is been called upon: yes, but only on the basis of input as I know from personal experience persons who fellowship on Saturdays experience great difficulties with expressing their civic rights and responsibilities when elections are conducted on Saturdays or (in the Hebrew parlance) the Shabbat/Sabbath.

In other words, the aim of this question is to ask whether it is not possible to accommodate for the purposes of elections all religious inclinations considering day of fellowship. At the same time I am not unaware that in the end it really holds no great importance as not everyone will be enabled to vote at all and every election for one reason or another. I also appreciate the fact someone has envisioned there may arise some measure of confusion in the polity if the voting pattern is changed although such a one should acknowledge change may be brought about gradually if considered necessary.

In all your contributions have afforded diverse ways of looking at and resolving this dilemma and much thanks to all.  

We need to find ourselves and not just do it because the west says we must do it! Please try and get a copy of my book and read the solution for Nigeria and Africa. This is Neo-Colonialism in Africa deu to our colonised brains. We may not have chains round our necks but we are still enslaved! We must free uorselves and kick out the policians. The way to start is by boycotting the elections!
We will not boycot any elections. We have come of age to know that boycoting elections will not solve our problems but will rather aggravate it. The solutions to our problems does not lie in your book, it is just your radical, one man opinion. If you are that serious of upstaging a rebellon, stop trying to market your book and come down to Nigeria and give it a trial. Dont try a rebellon by proxy, do it physically. Rebellons suceed when those that champion its cause are present physically. Once again the solution of our problems does not lie in your book, it is just your radical, one man opinion.

GAVIN BOND said:
We need to find ourselves and not just do it because the west says we must do it! Please try and get a copy of my book and read the solution for Nigeria and Africa. This is Neo-Colonialism in Africa deu to our colonised brains. We may not have chains round our necks but we are still enslaved! We must free uorselves and kick out the policians. The way to start is by boycotting the elections!

How would boycotting the election aggravate your problem? You have come of age and you still do not realise there is NO DEMOCRACY like Nigeria's in the whole wide world except in Africa due to colonial mentality for Neo-colonialism? How could you say you have come of age when you do not recognise that Nigeria is a nation with many nations within? You see, the problem with most of you over there is you think you know more than everybody, driven in the believe that Jesus is your saviour, the image of the white man!

Can I ask you if you have read my book? How do you know it is about revolution when you have not read it? They say knowledge is power and that is true. Therefore before you open your mouth, you should KNOW, not THINK, that what you are saying is relevant, both intellectually and as a matter of fact! The book is about history, about my journey in the western world, about politics, about economics, and the hypocricy of the western world; please be informed from a reliable source before you comment!

When the first revolution started in the USSR, where was Lenin? When the freedom fighters were fighting in Rhodesia, where was Mugabe? If you know the answers to these two questions, you would not have made your comment! So please be informed before you make your comments! I would have been in Nigeria since 1981 with ITT but I was not prepared to join the rest and just follow the pack; I have a mind of my own!

If you are old enough to remember the Vietnam War, I demonstrated at Grosvenor Square against the USA in London! Lately also, during the struggle for the liberation of South Africa and Rhodesia, I also kept vigil with others at weekends outsie their Embassies! If I were in Nigeria today, I will be doing the same now; but unfortunately, my Destiny has not placed me there right at this moment! Regards

Okolobah Efe Michael said:

We will not boycot any elections. We have come of age to know that boycoting elections will not solve our problems but will rather aggravate it. The solutions to our problems does not lie in your book, it is just your radical, one man opinion. If you are that serious of upstaging a rebellon, stop trying to market your book and come down to Nigeria and give it a trial. Dont try a rebellon by proxy, do it physically. Rebellons suceed when those that champion its cause are present physically. Once again the solution of our problems does not lie in your book, it is just your radical, one man opinion.

GAVIN BOND said:

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2019   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service