Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), is it the best option for students seeking tertiary education

Is the Universities Matriculation Examination (UME) conducted yearly by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) for placement of candidates into universities on the way out?
Candidates seeking admissions into the universities and other higher institutions of learning are to prepare for a new examination order.
The only recognised qualifying examination into the nation’s universities (public and private) is about to fizzle out of the system in due course.
JAMB is the only body recognised by law to conduct admissions into higher institutions of learning and other key actors in the sector, have sealed a plan to introduce a new qualifying examination process.

Under the examination policy, candidates will have the opportunity of choice of six institutions, two each for university, polytechnic and colleges of education in one examination.

Early this year, the government came out with the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) to replace the UME and the Monotechnics, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education Matriculation Examination (MPCE) for placement of would-be candidates into monotechnics, polytechnics and colleges of education

Views: 465

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ths is actually good because you find out that millions writ JAMB and at the end only a few of them get admitted into the university but since this new system that is about to fizzle out comes with more options... i think people wont have to wait for another year if one of thri options doesnt favour them.
quite a good development i must say
What ever they do let administration become essay and for those who are qualified not for nitwits
I am glad for this breakthrough from the bondage of JAMB which is full 83% malpractice yearly.
I am glad for this breakthrough from the bondage of JAMB which is full 83% malpractice yearly.
This is a welcome proposal. It is always believed that only University gradutaes had qualitative secondary education while others are academically poor and the reason they ended up in Coll of Edu, n Poly. I think sitting for same examination will justify individual academic performance n choice of going to Coll of Edu n Poly will no longer be a crime or seen as a fault in someone's brain.

Economically, it is going to put an end to paying for two forms (UME& MPCE) by some candidates each year.

A Laudable Idea!!!!!!!
Nice Tiread....

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service