I am amazed that after several months the bill have become law,we are not seeing it reflected in our media,especially our print media.My feelings is that the journalists who are suppose to serial and educate we masses on this vital bill are themselves still not acquianted with it.How do we get to know the details of this INFORMATION BILL and how to apply it.Any suggestions?

Views: 176

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We as a people have become so docile and inactive,and that can explain why a lot of people are not responding to this topic.If its about a man who caught the wife with another man,you will see everybody contributing. We must wake up and change things,most especially the youths of Nigeria.When you are pushed to the wall,fight back.Stop finding a way to create a h*** on the wall so that you can hide in there.WAKE UP NIGERIANS AND CHANGE THINGS FOR THE BETTER.

That is Nigeria for you.  Many Nigerians stop reading the moment they drop their pens in the final exams.  The only language they now understand is survival amd money.  We even ignore the things that concern us because many of us do not know.  A lot of Nigerians do not know their rights from their wrong and that is why they fall easy prey to men in uniform.  Our journalists clamoured for the information bill as even they were going to change the country immediately it was passed into law.  But unfortunately, its passage has not changed anything.  It is a wake-up call to every Nigerian.

Dont let us think that Nigerians are not aware of the existence of FOI law. Mark my words, somebody somewhere sometime somehow will need the application of the law for d defence of his action. It is a good thing that FOI has become a law nd it is permanently there for our use at d court of law when need be.

Charles Ugochukwu Okere said:

That is Nigeria for you.  Many Nigerians stop reading the moment they drop their pens in the final exams.  The only language they now understand is survival amd money.  We even ignore the things that concern us because many of us do not know.  A lot of Nigerians do not know their rights from their wrong and that is why they fall easy prey to men in uniform.  Our journalists clamoured for the information bill as even they were going to change the country immediately it was passed into law.  But unfortunately, its passage has not changed anything.  It is a wake-up call to every Nigerian.

I will like some of us who are friends to journalists ,most especially in the print media, to please plead with them to educate we laymen on this Information bill law through their newspapers and magazines.Information is the key to progress and we need it.

Your suggestion is a valid one but I suppose our journalists should know that the freedom of information bill cannot make any meaning if the common man does not benefit from it.

charles amobi nwokoro said:

I will like some of us who are friends to journalists ,most especially in the print media, to please plead with them to educate we laymen on this Information bill law through their newspapers and magazines.Information is the key to progress and we need it.

This freedom of Information bill can help in very great lenght in fighting corruption.At least it will help us know a lot of information on the financial dealings in this country.That is if these journalist will do the needful.

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service