Main purpose of job:
Reporting directly to the Corporate Services Manager and the candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing health and safety procedures
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure Post meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including recommended mandatory training and reporting.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout Post.
- Act as Secretary for Post Health & Safety Committee meetings and ensure all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work and communicate relevant changes to stakeholders.
- Provide regular reports to Post Health and Safety Committee on relevant health and safety activities.
- Liaise with suppliers for procurement of health and safety resources
- Any other duties which may be required by management from time to time
- Assist wider Corporate Services team with Audit follow up on health and safety matters. Provide compliance support across the core streams in Corporate Services. Working with Head of Corporate Services to ensure ideal scores on compliance indicators.
Assist wider Corporate Services team with Audit follow up on health and safety matters. Provide compliance support across the core streams in Corporate Services. Working with HCS to ensure ideal scores on compliance indicators.
- Health and Safety qualification or 3 years relevant experience.
- Experience in a building service, hospitality or Facilities Management environment
- Work without close supervision, but a good team player
- Experience or knowledge of environmental management systems
- Experience of administrative work
- He/she should have a proven background successfully generating, monitoring and achieving health & safety objectives.
- He/she should be an excellent communicator with great influencing skills able to build exceptional working relationships across all levels, confident in challenging unacceptable Health & Safety behaviour
- Relevant Safety, Health and Environmental Business administration certificate
- IOSH and/or Nebosh ( or similar )qualification with proof of certificate(s)
- Valid Nigerian driver’s license
- Experience with managing H&S in building construction sites
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to: Obtain the relevant permit; Pay fees for the permit; Make arrangements to relocate; Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency... Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Visit here::: https://fco.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-2/xf-f...