Speculations  about an alleged prophesy of the Man of God Prophet T.B Joshua caused a major sensation in Warri, Delta State on the 27th & 28th on Jan 2010. The supposed prophesy predicted that a wild beast will appear in Jakpa Road area of Effurun and kill several people on the mentioned dates. As usual in Warri, the only thing that spread faster than good news is bad news. Commerce grounded to a halt for these two days. Schools were closed and I know a few people who moved out of the area. I being a cautious person drove about in my car with a sharp machete not wanting to be taken unawares.

It was on that day people felt the absence of Yaradua. They needed a state of emergency in Warri but no one to declare it. Some miscreants in some areas took the advantage to benefit from the uncertainty by screaming Lion! and looting as people stampede. Most people who put on their Generators at night did not bother to change back to regular power supply when NEPA brought light for fear of becoming victims.

That is the kind of society we live in. Nigerians love their lives and even if T. B. Joshua never made that prophesy,  who cares it might just happen.

Views: 274

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice Post......

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service