SHOULD NORTH-CENTRAL BE RENAMED SOUTH-NORTH?

A man from benue was expressing his heart desire when he said that middle belt, the geo-political zone now called north-central be changed to south-north. Do u agree with him? With the pictures of realities following recent political developments,I totally agree with him.

Views: 366

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Changing the name will not change the behaviourial tendencies and mindset of the people, we are talking about attitudinal change and not nomenclatures. So this is baseless, lets talk about controversial issues on ground.
Changing the name wil go a long way in changing the behaviour of the core north who are deluded by the political fantasy of a large north. The born to rule mentality of the core north has become something very disturbing. And the middle belt has lay bare the errorneous political permutation in theory, and in practical,should also be reflected.

Andeshi Fidelis said:
Changing the name will not change the behaviourial tendencies and mindset of the people, we are talking about attitudinal change and not nomenclatures. So this is baseless, lets talk about controversial issues on ground.
The name sounds odd.  If they are not comfortable with the inclusion in the North, then they should first of all fight for their libration.
It sounds odd bcos the name is not what u have been used to. If the name south-south has come and stay, then south-north shouldn't be an odd thing in reality.

Charles Ugochukwu Okere said:
The name sounds odd.  If they are not comfortable with the inclusion in the North, then they should first of all fight for their libration.
It is a geo-political description of the North center,it is made possible through the Nigeria which divide us into three sub-region,and this is divided into other zone.I agree with this description of the people North center as South-North for easily recognition.
Kunle, remember that it is not only Benue State that is in the North Central.  What will you say of Platueand Kaduna?  Will they also be included in the South North?

Kunle Crown said:
It is a geo-political description of the North center,it is made possible through the Nigeria which divide us into three sub-region,and this is divided into other zone.I agree with this description of the people North center as South-North for easily recognition.
This is a herculian task that may not be realised after all.  Before the change is made all the states in the North Central must be in agreement and I don't see Kwara State alluding to this change.

Mavos said:
Changing the name wil go a long way in changing the behaviour of the core north who are deluded by the political fantasy of a large north. The born to rule mentality of the core north has become something very disturbing. And the middle belt has lay bare the errorneous political permutation in theory, and in practical,should also be reflected.

Andeshi Fidelis said:
Changing the name will not change the behaviourial tendencies and mindset of the people, we are talking about attitudinal change and not nomenclatures. So this is baseless, lets talk about controversial issues on ground.
Very well then, but it will take time before it is realised.  Like I said the decision cannot be unilateral.  All the states in the zone must be in agreement.

Mavos said:
It sounds odd bcos the name is not what u have been used to. If the name south-south has come and stay, then south-north shouldn't be an odd thing in reality.

Charles Ugochukwu Okere said:
The name sounds odd.  If they are not comfortable with the inclusion in the North, then they should first of all fight for their libration.
The name change will not change the cultures and beliefs of the people. The people (most) of the north central all have cultures tradition and beliefs indentical to the north and north west people and it is this culture, tradition and beliefs that is the problem. Benue people might feel different but they still fall under the geo political zone, north central. The name change will not change anything they will still remain who they are.
It would have been better if you had said another geo-political zone should be created to be known as south north, then the whole benue people and the senate president since he is from there should be an instigator to the constitutional amendment agenda of the president to include it as well.It would have been better if you had said another geo-political zone should be created to be known as south north, then the whole benue people and the senate president since he is from there should be an instigator to the constitutional amendment agenda of the president to include it as well.
Lol. Then where are u keeping the kogis, kwaras,plateaus,etc? Just trying to create a political picture that will make the core north not to be deceiving themselves of having the majority or the whole of what is called north as their own.

Andeshi Fidelis said:
It would have been better if you had said another geo-political zone should be created to be known as south north, then the whole benue people and the senate president since he is from there should be an instigator to the constitutional amendment agenda of the president to include it as well.It would have been better if you had said another geo-political zone should be created to be known as south north, then the whole benue people and the senate president since he is from there should be an instigator to the constitutional amendment agenda of the president to include it as well.
We should know that this region we are even talking about is simply the centre of Nigeria,and not the centre of the north. That is part of the core north mischief during Abacha to present a very big north against a very small south. What an intimidation! Thanks to the past election that exposed that fallacy. The north is not as big as it is. At least what middle belt should be called is Central-Nigeria and not North-Central.

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service