Lugard Hall is situated at the centre of a circular road in the northern part of Kaduna. It is neighbouring the Murtala Square by the north. It’s construction resembles the typical palaces of northern emirs with decorative motifs, and stands at the head of the main street.
Constructed by the British colonial government around 1914, the idea of building the hall came as a result of the relocation of the headquarters of Northern Nigeria from Zungeru to Kaduna in 1911. The building’s design was brought by Lord Frederick Lugard, then Governor of Northern Nigeria, when he moved to Nigeria from India in 1904.
See photos below: