SCAM ALERT!
Dear genuine Vanguard Online Community Members. I wish to bring to your notice that our revered community has been compromised by some unscrupulous individuals have decided to use this forum as a pad to perpetuate SCAM. I have one of such letters written to me to foster a relationship that I know will lead to disaster. This mail is targeted at successful men of 40 and above. (I am sure there must be one for women too)The first mail always reads:

''risa donatus has added you as a friend on Vanguard Online Community

Am Risa a lovely girl,and i drop at your profile,i love what i saw Please contact me direct to my email address for me to send my picture and further communications.
risa_41baby@yahoo.com

then a follow up:
Dearest,
How was your night over there in your country and the day,i believe you had a nice night and that the altmosphere over there in your country is very nice today? Mine was a little bit warm over here in Dakar Senegal .

My name is Risa Donatus i am (24yrs) but age ,distance, or colour doesn't matter in a real relationship,so i am comfortable with your age,I am from Cote d' Ivoire in West Africa ,5.4ft tall, fair in complexion, single,(never married ) and presently i am residing here in Dakar as a result of the civil war that was fought in my country some years ago.

My late father DR WILLIAMS DONATUS was the managing director of COCOA EXPORTING INDUSTRIES (Ltd) in ABIDJAN (the capital city of COTE D'IVOIRE ,my country) before the rebels attacked our house one early morning and killed my mother and my father in cold blood.
It was only me that is alive now and I managed to make my way to a near by country SENEGAL where i am leaving now as a refugee under a Revrend father's care and i am using his computer to send these message to you.
I would like to know more about you.Your likes and dislikes,your hobbies and what you are doing presently.I will tell you more about myself in my next mail.Attached here is my picture.
Hoping to hear from you soonest
Yours forever
Risa

These letters came through our community wit the photo of a beautiful girl attached.. Please beware of such and similar letters as I am sure the vanguard online community will not be to blame if you become a victim of such shallowfraud.

Views: 2409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

airtel me2u tutorial. 

HOW TO: Airtel airtime transfer, Airtel me2u, Airtel transfer code

I surely believe that the provider of Vanguard Online Community will be vigilant and watchful of people with evil intentions and fished them out. Kudos to those who smelled rats and reported them to the provider for necessary and immediate preventive or corrective actions. Few dishonest elements in any society will always look for opportunities to prey on innocent people and members of their own groups; and we have our own share of that in Nigeria. It's up to all of us now to be proactive in preventing "worms" from damaging this Nigerian version of Facebook.
Thanks so much for your sensitivity . I also received thesame message, i knew right there that she or he is fake. Well we all need to be careful and vigilant nowadays especially now that it is extremely difficult to differentiate between a good and bad person. God will deliver us from the hands of these thieves.
I must say a big big thank you for alarting and educating those who are new to the tricks of these jobless and half baked conmen. For those of us who receive these mails on regular basis, sometime you want to see how daft (MUMU)the man who wants to con you is by playing his game,it explains why an IDIOT will tell someone he is communicating via email for the first time that he trust him or her keep non existing loot.
Having said all this, as we watch out for mails like the one published here and the like, i will also as a result of experience having worked on a DOCUMENTARY on scams alert members of this community on other trick. It goes beyond letters, some conduct background resaerch on their target through close associates, staff and sometimes family members who are ignorant of the trade of the person they speak with, and with proper information they throw the hook in the area of your business or other interest. IN CONCLUSION, THE MAN WHO IS CONNED IS THAT MAN WHO WANTS TO MAKE A QUICK SWEEP,WHAT HAPPENS IS THAT EVERY SENSE OF LOGICAL REASONING IS SHUT DOWN REPLACED BY GREED AND LACK OF MORALS THAT WILL DESTROY SUCH A PERSON.

http://www.facebook.com/PrintingRechargeCards/posts/301348913304196 Secrets OF Making 100,000 Printing GSM Recharge for more info click on this link http://ning.it/1181lJd E-mail s_nd2009@yahoo.com 07066067134

I have got a reply below are te contents of the crap.

Dearest,
How was your night over there in your country and the day,i believe you had a nice night and that the atmosphere over there in your country is very nice today? Mine was a little bit warm over here in Dakar Senegal .

My name is Risa Donatus i am (24yrs) but age ,distance, or color doesn't matter in a real relationship,so i am comfortable with your age,I am from Cote d' Ivoire in West Africa ,5.4ft tall, fair in complexion, single,(never married ) and presently i am residing here in Dakar as a result of the civil war that was fought in my country some years ago.

My late father DR WILLIAMS DONATUS was the managing director of COCOA EXPORTING INDUSTRIES (Ltd) in ABIDJAN (the capital city of COTE D'IVOIRE ,my country) before the rebels attacked our house one early morning and killed my mother and my father in cold blood..
It was only me that is alive now and I managed to make my way to a near by country SENEGAL where i am leaving now as a refugee under a Reverend father's care and i am using his computer to send these message to you.
I would like to know more about you.Your likes and dislikes,your hobbies and what you are doing presently.I will tell you more about myself in my next mail.Attached here is my picture.
Hoping to hear from you soonest
Yours forever
Risa
Thanx for the alert.We are used to them.Everyone should be very careful in all online social networks.Scammers full there o o.
My husband also got the same crap,we played along because we knew what it was all about, it also came when we were less busy,so we used it to keep our selves busy catching our fun by laughing at the sender's stupidity.The mail came through his email address from one JOY MABOU MERAB telling my husband that she saw him through vanguard online community and how she was madly in love with him.I think seeing my husband's address as in residing in USA will make her( him) love more.The letter was the same old story of being a citizen of Cote d "Ivoire, being resident at a Refugee Camp in Senegal,the father being so influencial,very rich, having money stocked in Bank of Scotland and looking for who will help her to transfer the money.The scammer sent two pictures and went to the extent of providing letter of Attornery from her lawyer and one letter from ICPC and FBI from nigeria and america respectively.what concerns FBI and ICPC with transaction from Scotland and Senegal?Infact we laughed over her stupidity although i doubted the scammer being a woman.As i am writing this her last letter of 7th jan is still waiting to be attended to.People are warned to becareful and not fall victim out of their GREED and NAIVE.
Thanks for the alert message.
Thank you everybody. Anybody that is not greedy will immediately know that the sender is a fraduster, especially when he receives the second mail indicating that her father who happens to be a well positioned and rich man was killed by rebels and that there is a secret wealth somewhere that he want you to benefit from or share with her if you can transfer it on her behalf.

Please let us keep an eye on them and let others alert us when the fradusters come in another form. Thanks
Pls let them contact me. My mail is very open and I can receive mail any time cos I'm always online. There is a saying that "cunning man die;cunning man bury am"
I to have recieved this mail

Osanebi Dennis said:
Pls let them contact me. My mail is very open and I can receive mail any time cos I'm always online. There is a saying that "cunning man die;cunning man bury am"

RSS

Forum Categories

© 2020   Created by Vanguard Media Ltd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service